• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rap and drill music is part of America's racial problem

Where exactly do you take issue with the following statement by Juan Williams?

"Look at the current spike in murder nationally. That trend is often discussed as a threat to everyone. But that is shameful avoidance of the reality that most of the bloodshed is among young Black men and in Black communities."

If mostly whites listen to rap, as Williams says and they aren't killing each other, the problem obviously isn't rap. Its Williams's own racism.

Saying that Blacks are inherently more violent than whites is most certainly a racist sentiment.

Dont know that its "inherent", but statistically they are more violent in the USA, by far, than other demographics.

Not positive exactly where that comes from. I dont really think its genetic. You'd no doubt say that White people are causing it in some way by oppressing them etc. The Hip Hop culture in the US is a very violent culture though, thats just a fact.
Some of it no doubt comes from a downturn in good quality blue collar jobs that can sustain a family.
The majority of these offspring have no father present, the vast majority in fact. This is a gigantic issue imo. Probably the single biggest issue, also poverty is rampant.
When you can make several hundreds of dollars per day dealing drugs, and a crappy McJob only pays peanuts, well its easy to get turned down the wrong path. People are hopeless in that they dont see a way out through honest hard work. I can understand all of that.
But we cant simply ignore the high rates of violent crime especially murder in this demographic.

Dont know that its "inherent", but statistically they are more violent in the USA, by far, than other demographics.

Not positive exactly where that comes from. I dont really think its genetic. You'd no doubt say that White people are causing it in some way by oppressing them etc. The Hip Hop culture in the US is a very violent culture though, thats just a fact.
Some of it no doubt comes from a downturn in good quality blue collar jobs that can sustain a family.
The majority of these offspring have no father present, the vast majority in fact. This is a gigantic issue imo. Probably the single biggest issue, also poverty is rampant.
When you can make several hundreds of dollars per day dealing drugs, and a crappy McJob only pays peanuts, well its easy to get turned down the wrong path. People are hopeless in that they dont see a way out through honest hard work. I can understand all of that.
But we cant simply ignore the high rates of violent crime especially murder in this demographic.

Of course we can ignore them, and we do! We only show interest if we can blame them for it, such as for listening to rap music. Its utterly illogical, but what else can a racist-thinking white (or black, in the case of Mr. Williams) do?

Of course we can ignore them, and we do! We only show interest if we can blame them for it

Who else is responsible for the actions of individuals, if not the individuals themselves?
I'm not sure I understand your angle here.

And are you calling Williams a "racist"? Against blacks I guess? But he's black LOL. I thought only Whites could be racists?:unsure:
Your messaging is becoming convoluted here JB, imo.

The 1950s called, they want their criticism of Elvis back.

Who else is responsible for the actions of individuals, if not the individuals themselves?
I'm not sure I understand your angle here.

And are you calling Williams a "racist"? Against blacks I guess? But he's black LOL. I thought only Whites could be racists?:unsure:
Your messaging is becoming convoluted here JB, imo.

He isn't blaming individuals, he is blaming a group. Anyone is capable of saying racist things.

The 1950s called, they want their criticism of Elvis back.

Elvis swinging his hips around and saying "Love Me Tender" is about the moral equivalent of robbing banks, shooting cops in the head, beating women and cultivating "hoes in different area codes" I guess.:unsure:

Both about the same! People that criticize the societal degeneracy and violence celebrated in Hip Hop are just being silly and old fashioned fuddy - duddies!
Sweet Zeus Eco, its OK, you can criticize it man, it isnt "racist" to tell the truth. Go ahead.

Last edited:
He isn't blaming individuals, he is blaming a group. Anyone is capable of saying racist things.

Well, the behavior is all done by individuals, and then when you look at the entire data set you can see the individuals that make up the "group" of the black demographic.

It follows logic, in my mind anyway, to say that blacks as a group are responsible for the greatly disproportionate amount of violent crime, per capita, in their demographic.

I dont know how anyone could arrive at any other conclusion. Who did you think is responsible for the disproportionate rate of violent crime in this demographic?

This is a Stormfront thread.

Elvis swinging his hips around and saying "Love Me Tender" is about the moral equivalent of robbing banks, shooting cops in the head, beating women and cultivating "hoes in different area codes" I guess.

Both about the same! People that criticize the societal degeneracy and violence celebrated in Hip Hop are just being silly and old fashioned fuddy - duddies!
Sweet Zeus Eco, its OK, you can criticize it man, it isnt "racist" to tell the truth. Go ahead.

They're using rap to blame generations of systematic racism on the victims.

They're using rap to blame generations of systematic racism on the victims.

If I am to understand you correctly, you just referred to the 14% of the populace that commits over 50% of the murders...as the "victims"?
Is that what you just said? I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly? "Victims of systemic racism"? Is that right?

Juan Williams wrote the article not me. He's black if you hadn't noticed.

Try and refute what I say.

Your racist stipulation of Williams being "black" is refuted by the fact that Williams' ancestry of Panamanian and West Indian is mixed, of which African is much less than the most. Typical with cons, like you, are painting those darker than white color as being "black".

Back
Top Bottom