• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ranking the Contenders in the NFL 2022

Mongidig

Incel
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This will certainly change after free agency and the draft. As of now these are the Mongidig power rankings.

1) Buffalo…..Josh Allen is destined to win a championship. They’ve added some nice pieces in free agency.
2) Rams……..They got lucky last year. They will get a more healthy Ackers back. They have the squad and superior coaching
3) KC…………As long as they have Mahomes, Kelce and Tyreek they’ll be in it. Now they have JuJu
4) Tampa…….Toms not coming back unless they have a chance to win it all.
5) Bengals……They’ve addressed the offensive line. They are good to go
6) Packers……I’m operating under the the assumption they will replenish the WR room.
7) Chargers…..Big time signings on D. Josh Palmer is gonna make a name for himself this year.
8) Broncos……I think they have the highest potential. The problem is it’s only potential at this point. They have a first year QB and coaches. I think they get off to a slow start.
9) 49ers……….Solid squad We’ll see how Tre does.
10) Browns……I’d consider them higher if Watson was gonna play the whole year.
11) Ravens…….I think gettin the Running game back will put them into contention.
12) Raiders…….The least dynamic QB of the bunch but solid. Great offensive weapons. Chandler Jones is a nice signing.

Honorable mention.

Cowboys….Lots of talent but they’ve lost some talent at key positions. I’m not a fan of Macarthy.
Titans………They got it all except an elite QB
Colts………..Ryan will make them competitive.
Patriots……..We will see if Jones takes a step forward.

I forgot to put Arizona in the honorable mention.

I'm not gonna make any changes to KC just yet. I suspect they will reload at WR and should free up some money to go after some defensive assets.

I'm also gonna add Miami to the honorable mention. They have added a ton to that offensive unit. Most importantly adding Armstead. That offensive line was terrible last year. Cedric Wilson is a sneaky nice pick up by them as well. Actually, Tyreek is the most important addition.

here is the 22 strength of schedule list:

packers should do well if that assessment is a valid one

I forgot to put Arizona in the honorable mention.

I'm not gonna make any changes to KC just yet. I suspect they will reload at WR and should free up some money to go after some defensive assets.

I'm also gonna add Miami to the honorable mention. They have added a ton to that offensive unit. Most importantly adding Armstead. That offensive line was terrible last year. Cedric Wilson is a sneaky nice pick up by them as well. Actually, Tyreek is the most important addition.
Didn't the Dolphins get Tyreek Hill?

This will certainly change after free agency and the draft. As of now these are the Mongidig power rankings.

1) Buffalo…..Josh Allen is destined to win a championship. They’ve added some nice pieces in free agency.
2) Rams……..They got lucky last year. They will get a more healthy Ackers back. They have the squad and superior coaching
3) KC…………As long as they have Mahomes, Kelce and Tyreek they’ll be in it. Now they have JuJu
6) Packers……I’m operating under the the assumption they will replenish the WR room.
7) Chargers…..Big time signings on D. Josh Palmer is gonna make a name for himself this year.
8) Broncos……I think they have the highest potential. The problem is it’s only potential at this point. They have a first year QB and coaches. I think they get off to a slow start.
11) Ravens…….I think gettin the Running game back will put them into contention.
12) Raiders…….The least dynamic QB of the bunch but solid. Great offensive weapons. Chandler Jones is a nice signing.

Honorable mention.

Cowboys….Lots of talent but they’ve lost some talent at key positions. I’m not a fan of Macarthy.
You have all 4 AFC West teams in the top 12...? Someone has to be the weakest team in that division. I think the Raiders may contend for the title this go-round. They are certainly better on paper than the Broncos and probably the Chargers. Mahomes is looking more and more human with each passing year.

If I had to lay $5 on any team to win it all this year, I think it would be on the Bills. I think the Bungles snuck up on A lot of teams last year.

In the NFC, the Rams and the Bucs seems to be the cream in the coffee there. I think Dallas will have a down year--losing Cooper is going to hurt more than the leadership thinks. Sleeper team? I think the Commanders may finally find the fairway this year--down year for all other teams in that division.

Didn't the Dolphins get Tyreek Hill?
I wrote this up before the Tyreek trade and Armstead signing. This moves the Dolphins into honorable mention.

I think the Raiders may contend for the title this go-round. They are certainly better on paper than the Broncos and probably the Chargers.
I agree the Raiders could contend for the AFC title. I disagree that they are better on paper than the Broncos and Chargers. The Raiders have holes in their offensive line and secondary. Derik Carr is good but not elite. They have the third best RB in the division.I think it’s close between the Broncos and Chargers for having the best rosters. I’d give the Chargers a slight edge due to their continuity with their coaching staff.

Will the Chargers choke again this year? It sucks that they don’t have a true home field advantage. The Bronco and Raider fans travel well. Good luck to defenses trying to chase Russ at mile high. A lot of hope for Denver is Russ unlocking the potential of Jeudy and Sutton. KC losing Hill is massive. They still have a ton of draft picks so we will see how their roster rounds out. They can never be counted out with Mahomes.

Schedule release ‘22 at 7:00 central.
Parts have been leaked.

Honorable mention.

I’m adding Miami and Philly to the honorable mention list. If their QB’s rise to the occasion they could contend.

I previously forgot Arizona.

The updated order.

1) Bills
2) Rams
3) Tampa
4) Bengals
5) Chiefs….Gotta downgrade a little. Tyreek is a big loss. They’ve added some nice pieces from their draft capital.
6) Packers…They are gonna have an awesome D. They still have Rogers and a great running game.
7) Broncos….They are stacked on paper but a lot could go wrong.
8) Chargers….They would be higher but they have a way of blowing it
9) Bengals
10) Ravens
11) Niners….Would be higher but too much uncertainty.
12) Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom