• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rank the top Democrat running for president

Favorite among those that have declared?

• Kirsten Gillibrand

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • John Delaney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Julian Castro

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tulsi Gabbard

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Richard Ojeda

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As of now, let's just rank candidates that have officially declared:

Richard Ojeda - Also no chance but he will likely get a lot of airtimeKama in debates. He can cause some damage
John Delaney - no chance. Playing for a cabinet position.
Julian Castro - Nothing about him stands out
Tulsi Gabbard - Somewhat intriguing but kind of like the Marco Rubio of the Democratic party. Female democrat that is a hawk and socially conservative...does not really fit this party.
Elizabeth Warren - Her popularity imo is waning. Her positions on the economy are out of step with middle America.
Kamala Harris - I only put her high because she will probably be the favorite among all minority Democrats in this country.
Kirsten Gillibrand - my reasoning, she is a moderate (or at least was) which makes her the safe choice. She will get the blessing from the Clinton family. If I had to choose between Harris and Gillibrand I think she has the advantage. If she can shift back to being more conservative on immigration and the second amendment, that will make her more electable and forces Trump to shift more right which will probably lose him supporters from the undecided crowd

Richard Ojeda - Also no chance but he will likely get a lot of airtimeKama in debates. He can cause some damage
Tulsi Gabbard - Somewhat intriguing but kind of like the Marco Rubio of the Democratic party. Female democrat that is a hawk and socially conservative...does not really fit this party.
Elizabeth Warren - Her popularity imo is waning. Her positions on the economy are out of step with middle America.
Kamala Harris - I only put her high because she will probably be the favorite among all minority Democrats in this country.
Kirsten Gillibrand - my reasoning, she is a moderate (or at least was) which makes her the safe choice. She will get the blessing from the Clinton family. If I had to choose between Harris and Gillibrand I think she has the advantage. If she can shift back to being more conservative on immigration and the second amendment, that will make her more electable and forces Trump to shift more right which will probably lose him supporters from the undecided crowd

Why do you think Gillibrand will get the blessing of the Clinton family?

Are both sides over this?

Gillibrand remark on Clinton sends shockwaves through Democratic Party

Biden or Goofy Bernie would beat all of those I expect. And there is talk that HC is going to run again.

Tulsi is not a hawk nor socially conservative, she is about as antiwar as they come, which is why she is one of the few politicians I would vote for despite not liking most of her domestic agenda.

I think Harris is likely to win the nomination.

I do not think any of those will win the nomination. Harris could well see much of her support taken by Booker if he jumps in. Let us remember that Hillary Clinton won the nomination largely with the overwhelming support of African American voters in the early primaries - many in the south. I am sure Harris also sees that as the path to victory combined with her own state of California. If Booker gets in, that unified base could crumble.

The field better have better folks than this, lol.

The field better have better folks than this, lol.

Relax my friend - there will be at least ten more - perhaps fifteen. And some big names among them. It is still early.

1. It's far too early for me to have a favorite.
  2. I haven't yet met all the announced candidates, nor have I yet looked into the backgrounds of any of them.
  3. Of those who've declared (or for all intents and purposes have declared), I'm more impressed, based on the little I know/have seen or heard about them, with some than with others.
  4. I won't vote in the DC Democratic or GOP primaries (assuming both parties have them).
  5. All the currently available choices are, AFAIC, better than Trump.
  6. So great is my disapprobation of Trump that whomever Dems nominate will get my vote.

Biden or Goofy Bernie would beat all of those I expect. And there is talk that HC is going to run again.

I suspect that as goes Hillary, talk is all it's going to be. Moreover, the only folks I've heard talking about HC running are Trumpists, and, frankly, it's just as well that they keep talking about her for their doing so makes it easier for the rest of us who've moved on from Hillary to pay them no mind. Sean, Rush, Ann, Tucker, et al can just keep right on talking about Hillary 'til the cows come home. Ragging and railing about her seems to get them "wet and woody," so they should just go on talking about her.

I do not think any of those will win the nomination. Harris could well see much of her support taken by Booker if he jumps in. Let us remember that Hillary Clinton won the nomination largely with the overwhelming support of African American voters in the early primaries - many in the south. I am sure Harris also sees that as the path to victory combined with her own state of California. If Booker gets in, that unified base could crumble.

An interesting Democratic primary dynamic that may exist this time round is the splintering of minority voters across Castro, Harris, Booker and others. That won't be a factor in the general.

The historic animus against minorities has made extant today a mood among minorities that merely seeing someone like them ascend to the highest office in the land is a huge motivator. It wouldn't be had the promise of civil rights been more sincerely brought to fruition with the eradication of subtle systemic racism. But it wasn't, so here we are.

I suspect that just as Blacks, most of whom thought they'd never live to see the day when a Black person was POTUS, saw their opportunity to realize that long dubitable dream, and, in 2008 and 2012, they took it. It wouldn't at all surprise me to find that Latinos feel the same way now, that it's "their turn." And why shouldn't they? Julian Castro is a very bright and capable guy and he's an American of Latino extraction.

I know nothing about half those candidates. It's also really weird that you left out Biden and Sanders when they're two of the top two candidates being discussed.

Of those choices however, I like Tulsi Gabbard the most. She's a very moderate liberal, which I agree with, and she seems willing to work across the aisle, which I also approve of. She's also really young, which I like because the current representation in this country is skewed way too old. But being realistic, her age is also what makes her extremely unlikely to get elected.

I like Ojeda the most of that field easily, with Warren and Tulsi pulling up behind. Per his incredible performance in the most fortified, Dem hostile Republican stronghold state in the union, gaining 32 points despite even Trump's repeated personal interventions there (where he is wildly popular), I feel he has what it takes to bring southerners, moderates and even some Republicans onside. Though his odds are slim due to the complete lack of exposure and recognition, I think Ojeda may prove something of a dark horse, and will at a minimum be absolutely luminous in the debates. Overall, I feel this primary will be where he builds his base and brand as Bernie did in 2016, while galvanizing the progressive/FDR wing of the party.

The rest of them I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.

In the end however, assuming he runs, my allegiance is with Bernie.

Last edited:
Wayyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooooo early lol.

Elizabeth Warren! We can have our first native American president ever!!!:lamo

I know nothing about half those candidates. It's also really weird that you left out Biden and Sanders when they're two of the top two candidates being discussed.

Of those choices however, I like Tulsi Gabbard the most. She's a very moderate liberal, which I agree with, and she seems willing to work across the aisle, which I also approve of. She's also really young, which I like because the current representation in this country is skewed way too old. But being realistic, her age is also what makes her extremely unlikely to get elected.

Red:
A good reason to omit them from the poll's answer options is that neither man is, as of my writing this, at all a candidate.

The both look like they'll declare their candidacy, but until they do so, they're, at best, well known names that some voters may write-in on a ballot. Even so, if that's all their "candidacy" ever becomes, neither will be the Democratic party's nominee.

I've been hearing lots of people talking and it seems it's...me, bongsaway. I haven't seen them yet myself but I hear I'm leading in all the polls. People are saying wonderful things about...me. After all I am a stable genius who knows words and my temperament is the best ever. I went to good schools so I'm smart, make great deals and can easily win trade wars that I start and since I'm so smart knowing more than anyone, it is I only who can win the wars I create. And I hear most americans agree with...me. So keep up the good work folks and remember to vote in 2020.

i like a Biden Warren ticket with K Harris AG Kamala shoud be in senate a few years more Maybe 2 Years

Back
Top Bottom