• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rangers headed to World Series for first time

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Source; AP
Date 10/22/2010

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers reached the World Series for the first time, with Vladimir Guerrero driving in three runs and Nelson Cruz homering in a 6-1 win over the New York Yankees on Friday night in Game 6 of the AL championship series

The Associated Press: Rangers headed to World Series for first time

My Rangers are going to the World Series. Been waiting a long time for this.

Lets Go Rangers!

Ranger suck!

I haven't really watched baseball since the last strike..

Tim-

I can't wait for my Phillies to crush the life out of the Rangers in the WS!
(of course, we have to get there first...lol)

Really, then how would you know a damn thing about the Rangers?

Coz I been a watchin.. No they don't really suck, but as a fan of the 1992/93 WS winning Blue Jays, I am compelled too.. :)

Tim-

reggiex-large.jpg

This was a slugger I respected. Plus my Best friend used to be mistaken for him up in the Bay area in the late 70s. That was fun.

Big deal. Is that Walker Texas Rangers or what?

I did watch the Series back in 1977. New York Yankees against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Yankees won in 6 games and in Game 6 Mr. Oct. Reggie Jackson hit 3 homers and won MVP for the second time.

That was baseball, today it's drugball. There have been a few good player in the last 30 some years but not many. I can't get excited about a series with the Rangers it it.

I bet the ratings will be in the dumper.

Sorry BB fans but I'm an old guy who remembers Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Roger Maris, Warren Spahn, Ted Williams, And I think all these guy are in the hall of fame.

I met Dodger Duke Snider when I was a little kid at the opening of a Food Basket Grocery Store in El Cajon, Ca. and got as autographed picture and a ball pint pin shaped like a bat. I must have been 4 or 5 and I had no idea who he was or what baseball was, but I remember it because of the Bat pin, and he was in uniform.

Damn this screws up my whole betting strategy for next year. Rangers win till the all star game then lose...now what are they going to do!!!!

Damn this screws up my whole betting strategy for next year. Rangers win till the all star game then lose...now what are they going to do!!!!

Bet on the Rangers next season. This past March the Vegas odds that the Rangers would win the World Series this year where 32 to 1. Man I wish I would have bet a few thousand then.

Back
Top Bottom