• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rangel guilty: House ethics panel rules misconduct

so neither were frog marched and that failure to enjoy a frog march then had nothing to do with their political party affiliation, did it

now, try ensign ... any frog marching on his part?

How about William Jefferson, did he?

j-mac

The bad news is that he is definitely going to be reelected. Hyperpartisans in both parties don't give a damn about anything except the D or R that is after a scumbag's name. That applies to David Vitter, as well as Charles Rangel. This, of course, is part and parcel of the poison that infests our political system. My only question is this: When are people going to stop drinking the Kool-Aid? Until they do, and begin using the ballot box to throw these bums out, our political system will continue to be one huge cluster**** of dishonesty.

I like Vitter. What corruption is he involved in?

House Ethics Panel Guilty of Misconduct after it Rules on Rangel and Does Nothing

That's what the headline should be since they are going to in essence going to put a note in his permanent file saying Charlie was a bad boy and shouldn't do it again. Shame, shame.

What a (expletive)ing joke. Two years and not ever a real slap on the wrist.

This is really not good. Why even have rules and law if they don't apply to those who should be setting a good example.

Of course this is a perfect example of the double standards Liberals apply to everything in life.

It's almost as two faced as opposing the death penalty and then fighting for late term abortions to cover up for irresponsible behavior.

apparently the color of his skin was more important than the content of his character. that is what is truely sad.

I don't really believe that is the case this time. For some odd reason (that I've never been able to figure out), is that people love Charlie Rangle.

Is that universial, or Steele in particular? It makes a difference.

You can ask any black conservative and they will tell you it's not easy being both BLACK and CONSERVATIVE.
Ron Christie told a story about when he first went to Washington when he was 22 and working for a Republican. Maxine Waters called him into her office and told him black people just do not work for republicans. It was much more than that, but I guess we need to buy his book "acting white":mrgreen:

You can ask any black conservative and they will tell you it's not easy being both BLACK and CONSERVATIVE.
Ron Christie told a story about when he first went to Washington when he was 22 and working for a Republican. Maxine Waters called him into her office and told him black people just do not work for republicans. It was much more than that, but I guess we need to buy his book "acting white":mrgreen:

Spare me, being a Hispanic Libertarian is 10x more difficult

I have a black friend in my neighorhood who told me the reason they moved was that his kids were being called sell-outs - trying to be "white" - for making good grades at the predominantly black school they attended. He also said this is a big and growing problem in lots of urban schools.

Ron Christie has a book on that very subject. it's called "Acting White"
It's very sad actually, to think kids are intentionally not living up to their potential.:(

Spare me, being a Hispanic Libertarian is 10x more difficult

True dat.

I tried being an Hispanic libertarian once, and no matter how I tried it just didn't take.

Is that universial, or Steele in particular? It makes a difference.

Well, My own observances while living 20 plus years in Maryland are that the AA community there totally votes as a demo block. Black conservatives like Steele are, and were shunned. But, aside from that, maybe you can tell me of any positive publicized thoughts from the AA community on such members of that community that should be looked up to as role models like:

Clarence Thomas
Condeleeza Rice
Thomas Sowell

etc..

Any of those that you have documentation that they are looked at as role models? No. Instead you get people like

Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Barrack Obama

Race baiters, and street hustlers.

j-mac

Well, My own observances while living 20 plus years in Maryland are that the AA community there totally votes as a demo block. Black conservatives like Steele are, and were shunned. But, aside from that, maybe you can tell me of any positive publicized thoughts from the AA community on such members of that community that should be looked up to as role models like:

Clarence Thomas
Condeleeza Rice
Thomas Sowell

etc..

Any of those that you have documentation that they are looked at as role models? No. Instead you get people like

Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Barrack Obama

Race baiters, and street hustlers.

j-mac

AA? Affirmative Action? There's an Affrimative action community?

And who says Rice and Sowell aren't role models?

I think you're putitng your views out there as if they were someone's view other than yours. Sure, some might see Jackson and Sharpton as role models, but damn few, particularly Sharpton. Did you see how few votes he got when he ran for president?

And Obama is no Sharpton. He's not even a Jackson. And Obama is as deserving, if not more so than Rice, Sowell, and especially Thomas. I think you're merely wrongly catergorizing people into neat little steryerotypes that ignores all other factors. This is all too common.

There may be reason for that, but I wouldn't take that as far as some do. It may well have more to do with policy than anything else, and that would be quite appropriate.

Ron Christie has a book on that very subject. it's called "Acting White"
It's very sad actually, to think kids are intentionally not living up to their potential.:(

what's sad is that so many blacks think that getting a good education and trying to suceed is "acting white". like only white people are educated and successful. talk about racism....

what's sad is that so many blacks think that getting a good education and trying to suceed is "acting white". like only white people are educated and successful. talk about racism....

It's just as sad that so many white youth see being smart as something you don't really want to be. TYhe anti-intellectual movement, which to often is anti education, is all too prevelent among the less wealthy.

It's just as sad that so many white youth see being smart as something you don't really want to be. TYhe anti-intellectual movement, which to often is anti education, is all too prevelent among the less wealthy.

true, but it is much much worse among black youth. I taught for 9 years at an inner city school and it was very disheartening. white kids get called "nerd", black kids get called race traitor.

true, but it is much much worse among black youth. I taught for 9 years at an inner city school and it was very disheartening. white kids get called "nerd", black kids get called race traitor.

If it is worse, something I'm not certain of, it may be because more are poor.

Here I am, "serving my white masters", again.

I prefer, "race traitor", too, BTW.

LOL.

I feel for you. You certainly aren't alone by any means, but your voice isn't heard like it should be. Instead, you are marginalized and patronized. It's disgusting.

And damned if I know where to begin to fix it. My buddy I mentioned earlier gets so upset over it, I can see his jaw clench when he talks about what his kids went through. He calls it a "no man's land" kind of feeling.

It's not as much about being poor as it is about truly pathetic parenting. If kids are not held to any standards within the home, then they're going to write their own "code" at school. The first few years of school, performance has to be dictated by parents, until it becomes rooted within the kid and personal pride and motivation kick in. That doesn't happen with a high percentage of parents, particularly in the black community.

Again, 4 out of 5 black children born do not have a father listed on the birth certificate. That's where the problem originates.

Again, 4 out of 5 black children born do not have a father listed on the birth certificate. That's where the problem originates.

don't know about the 4/5 # but I adopted two young black boys and on both of their original birth certs in the line where the name of the father goes it has "mother refused to respond".

my oldest, 15, his mother accused 6 different men of being his father...DNA ruled out all 6. we have no idea who his baby daddy is.
my youngest, 12, the guy that DNA said was baby daddy still denies being the father, he is serving a life sentence in prison.

the day after the adoptions were complete we applied for new birth certs for both of them and MY name is in the father blank.

don't know about the 4/5 # but I adopted two young black boys and on both of their original birth certs in the line where the name of the father goes it has "mother refused to respond".

my oldest, 15, his mother accused 6 different men of being his father...DNA ruled out all 6. we have no idea who his baby daddy is.
my youngest, 12, the guy that DNA said was baby daddy still denies being the father, he is serving a life sentence in prison.

the day after the adoptions were complete we applied for new birth certs for both of them and MY name is in the father blank.

You're a better man than me. I've got three kids, and my wife and I have discussed it, but we never took on a challenge like that.

It's not as much about being poor as it is about truly pathetic parenting. If kids are not held to any standards within the home, then they're going to write their own "code" at school. The first few years of school, performance has to be dictated by parents, until it becomes rooted within the kid and personal pride and motivation kick in. That doesn't happen with a high percentage of parents, particularly in the black community.

I part agree and part disagree. Many single parent families do instill very good morals and work ethic. And it isn't as mcuh about race as it is about poverty, and the problems associated with poverty. It is not that poorer folks lack these things in every instance, but like with all things, the more obstacles there are, the more likely things will go wrong.

But, yes, parenting plays a major role. And while you can find poor parents and great parents at every level, and within every race, the likelihood that there will be more problems in a poorer environment are simply greater.

Back
Top Bottom