• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rangel, ethics committee in last-minute bargaining

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By LARRY MARGASAK, Associated Press Writer Larry Margasak, Associated Press Writer – 27 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The Associated Press has learned that New York Democrat Charles Rangel is making a last-minute effort to settle his ethics case. A settlement would mean that Rangel must agree that he committed some ethical misconduct.

The talks were confirmed by people familiar with the situation, but who were not authorized to be quoted by name.
Rangel, ethics committee in last-minute bargaining - Yahoo! News

(note, I know it's "Yahoo" but it's an AP story, not a Yahoo Story.)

If Rangel gets to cut a deal, and avoid a trial and keep his seat...

Talk about history repeating itself! Does the name Dan Rawstekowski ring any bells?

Only he got hammered, will dirty Charlie get justice or escape the penalty?

No Culture Club of Corruption here. :roll:

I hope he keeps his seat, so we can run adds 24-7 of Dems yapping Culture of Corruption, and then show Charlie, Geithner, Daschle, Harry Land Deal Reid, Killefer, Dodd...

Charlie will be replaced by another Lib of the same kind... so why not get some mileage out of his and the remainder of the Corruption Club?

Nowhere in that article does it say as part of the deal he will keep his seat.

Here's hoping he agrees to resign.

I can't find any article stating what the guy did. Does anyone have an article?

The powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee recently revised six years of financial disclosure statements, revealing more than $600,000 in previously unreported assets and tens of thousands of dollars in unreported income. Among the holdings Rangel failed to report, an investment account and a checking account, each worth at least $250,000. Rangel also has admitted that he failed to report and pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income on this villa in the Dominican Republic.

Read more: NBC's Myers Details Ethics Investigation Against Rangel | NewsBusters.org

Pretty serious stuff.

Well if its true he should obviously resign.

Then stop being a lazy liberal. If you bing "what did Rangel do", 335,000 articles pop up. It's amazing what you can learn when you try.

Since when do you go to jail for ethics violations?

The powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee recently revised six years of financial disclosure statements, revealing more than $600,000 in previously unreported assets and tens of thousands of dollars in unreported income. Among the holdings Rangel failed to report, an investment account and a checking account, each worth at least $250,000. Rangel also has admitted that he failed to report and pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income on this villa in the Dominican Republic.

Gee..... I wonder if I'd go to jail if I was convicted of all that?

Naaaaaaaa.....

Back
Top Bottom