• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul to have surgery in Canada due to injuries sustained during assault

As someone who's had a hernia operation it shouldn't be considered elective and out of country is considered out of network.
Just did some quick searches and it appears that some insurers may partially reimburse the policy holder.

I hear you on the “elective” designation. I had severe back pain problems a few years back and had “elective” surgery. To me it was a necessity, but hey, I’m not a doctor or an insurance company CEO so what do I know.

Nice of him to have Government provided Insurance. Because for most of us private citizens that would be definitely out of network. I know from personal experience, that is not covered in almost all privately owned health insurance, and many even in case of emergency.

Diving Mullah

Members of congress have to purchase their health insurance through the exchanges.

Just did some quick searches and it appears that some insurers may partially reimburse the policy holder.

I hear you on the “elective” designation. I had severe back pain problems a few years back and had “elective” surgery. To me it was a necessity, but hey, I’m not a doctor or an insurance company CEO so what do I know.

I've had a medical procedure out of country and it was covered as out of network.

This isn't the "gotcha" some people might think it is. Paul will have to pay for his procedure out of pocket and then get reimbursed by his insurance later.
Actually Rand Paul is making a point that Canada's health care is better and cheaper than America's. Else why would he go there?

Actually Rand Paul is making a point that Canada's health care is better and cheaper than America's. Else why would he go there?

I don't think he's trying to make any point here. He's just going to what apparently is considered to be the best place on the planet for a hernia operation.

Rand Paul to have surgery in Canada due to injuries sustained during assault

RandPaul-1-400x256.png

Canada? Senator Paul loves Russia so much, why not schedule the hernia surgery during his next jaunt to Moscow? You're not setting a good example komrade.

Related: Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is going to Canada for surgery

How great that a U.S. Congressman can travel from Kentucky to Canada for a herniorrhaphy. Many Americans are pawning their possessions just to pay for their prescription drugs or their mortgage this month. He's a piece of crap. Maybe they can sneak in a barber to take care of that hair of his while he's under sedation. I have serious doubt that his hernia was caused by his neighbor who broke his ribs but he probably threw the hernia in with his broken ribs for an extra cash settlement.

This quote, tells you what Rand Paul cares about;
Rand Paul: Let Kentuckians try marijuana if they're 'suffering from medical illness'

I had to chuckle thinking of Otto Kilcher in Alaska the Last Frontier series on Discovery Channel. He had a massive hernia and living in remote Alaska, his old family doctor did the surgery in the back room of his office while Otto was fully awake, just given a local anesthetic. Zippity-quick, nip it and tuck it in and he was just fine. White privilege is awesome.

Last edited:
The amount of stupidity in the OP....

1-Where the **** do you get the notion that Rand Paul is a big supporter of Moscow, and
2-Yes...Rand Paul is traveling to a PRIVATE institution, one that due to their status as a PRIVATE facility manages to provide the best services in the world...to those that can afford to pay for it.

You arent doing what you THINK you are doing. You are instead indicting socialized medicine as two systems...one for the haves...and one for the have-nots.

Rand Paul is an assicle on the butt of Trump.

Sen. Rand Paul said Wednesday that he delivered a letter from President Trump to Vladimir Putin during his trip to Moscow this week, a move that comes amid heightened scrutiny of the president’s relationship with the Russian leader.

Rand Paul Delivers Letter From Trump to Putin During Moscow Trip
Kremlin confirms letter was delivered through diplomatic channels

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rand-paul-delivers-letter-from-trump-to-putin-during-moscow-trip-1533752234

Mr. Paul (R., Ky.) tweeted Wednesday that he was “honored” to deliver the letter, which he said “emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.”

White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Mr. Paul had asked the president to write a “letter of introduction” ahead of his visit, and said Mr. Trump in the letter had “mentioned topics of interest that Senator Paul wanted to discuss with President Putin.”

*that's where I freaking get the notion he's a big fan of Putin

I don't think he's trying to make any point here. He's just going to what apparently is considered to be the best place on the planet for a hernia operation.
The point is that the best place on the planet for a hernia operation isn't the country where Capitalism reigns supreme, the country he helped shape.

Rand Paul, of all people, should be made to drink the brew he helped make. Why does he get to **** up America for the rest of us and then go elsewhere for better treatment?

The surgery is estimated to cost between $5,000 and $8,000, an amount that Rand Paul will have no trouble paying out of pocket if he must. But I find it absolutely bizarre that he would feel the need to travel from Kentucky to Canada for a relatively routine surgery. If he had a rare cancer that had a drug trial only available outside of the U.S., then I would certainly understand that a little better, but a hernia repair?

Sen. Rand Paul said Wednesday that he delivered a letter from President Trump to Vladimir Putin during his trip to Moscow this week, a move that comes amid heightened scrutiny of the president’s relationship with the Russian leader.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rand-paul-delivers-letter-from-trump-to-putin-during-moscow-trip-1533752234

Mr. Paul (R., Ky.) tweeted Wednesday that he was “honored” to deliver the letter, which he said “emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.”

White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Mr. Paul had asked the president to write a “letter of introduction” ahead of his visit, and said Mr. Trump in the letter had “mentioned topics of interest that Senator Paul wanted to discuss with President Putin.”

See...you **** yourself over this.
“emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.”

Congrats. You are the problem.

See...you **** yourself over this.
“emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.”

Congrats. You are the problem.

Denying facts doesn't change them.

tenor.gif

I join all Americans in wishing Senator Paul best wishes on the outcome of this procedure.

I have read that the thug who assaulted him was sentenced to only 30 days in jail.

No wonder there is so much crime in this country: Nothing is done to violent thugs anymore.

Last edited:
I must hate the Pauls more than you do b/c I do not agree and yes, I have a personal bias against them.

Well I guess people can disagree and still be reasonable. I can understand the complaint against Paul about hypocrisy and his own views on socialized medicine. Yes, Rand Paul is a hypocrite. But since Rand Paul is a libertarian that goes with the territory. Its like criticizing a skunk for smelling bad.

I just think that the guy has a right to go anywhere on his own dime and pay for his own medical procedures.

Denying facts doesn't change them.

tenor.gif
****ting yourself over “emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.” that fact speaks volumes of where your head is.

I join all Americans in wishing Senator Paul best wishes on the outcome of this procedure.

I have read that the thug who assaulted him was sentenced to only 30 days in jail.

No wonder there is so much crime in this country: Nothing is done to violent thugs anymore.
Maybe Paul asked for him to do that little amount so he could be able to financially compensate the criminal act.

Rand Paul is a GOP Senatorial version of former US Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R/CA)

Republican dubbed 'Russia's favorite congressman' loses seat after 30 years

Maybe Paul asked for him to do that little amount so he could be able to financially compensate the criminal act.

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying Rand deliberately incurred personal out-of-pocket medical expenses so he could demand financial compensation from his attacker?

If so, it not only is an implicit admission of Rands immorality, it is also unnecessary. In tort law, you can demand compensation for the full cost of medical expenses even if those expenses are paid by your insurance. I know this because I did this.

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying Rand deliberately incurred personel medical expenses so he could demand financial compensation from his attacker?

If so, it not only is an implicit admission of Rands immorality, it is also unnecessary. In tort law, you can demand compensation for the full cost of medical expenses even if those expenses are paid by your insurance. I know this because I did this.

No. His neighbor needs to stay out of jail so he can keep his own property paid up and current. Mr. Paul is going to sue the ever loving bejebus out of his neighbor for everything he’s got.

No. His neighbor needs to stay out of jail so he can keep his own property paid up and current. Mr. Paul is going to sue the ever loving bejebus out of his neighbor for everything he’s got.

You dodged my question

You dodged my question

I did not. Here’s your real question. Do you, Tom Horn like Mr. Paul?
My reply is no. I hate him. He’s liberal. Very liberal.
Mr. Paul is going to get mended to best way he knows how. And his neighbor will be footing the entire bill.

I did not. Here’s your real question. Do you, Tom Horn like Mr. Paul?
My reply is no. I hate him. He’s liberal. Very liberal.
Mr. Paul is going to get mended to best way he knows how. And his neighbor will be footing the entire bill.

Still dodging, but its OK. Your silence wrt my question says more than enough

Still dodging, but its OK. Your silence wrt my question says more than enough

Post your question here___________________. Make it the slightest bit loaded and it will never be answered by me.

Post your question here___________________. Make it the slightest bit loaded and it will never be answered by me.

Are you saying Rand deliberately incurred personal out-of-pocket medical expenses so he could demand financial compensation from his attacker?

****ting yourself over “emphasized the importance of further engagement in various areas including countering terrorism, enhancing legislative dialogue and resuming cultural exchanges.” that fact speaks volumes of where your head is.

Since when is counter-terrorism a bad thing? Is there really anything more important for both the integrity and security of our country? If there is, let me know.

Yes you are correct. My head is exactly where it should be and that's the national interests and protection of this country.

Back
Top Bottom