• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul or Sarah Palin conservative Tea Party?

herculean

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is Rand Paul or Sarah Palin the leader of the conservative Tea Party? Does anyone think that helps their political careers?

Paul more closely among the two, but really neither in my view. Palin just wants their votes. They're just two of the highest political faces to be associated with it.. it doesn't make them leaders of it.

The tea parties have been shown to be rather disorganized, but for their sake, hopefully neither becomes the leader.

Neither, there is no top "leader" of the Tea Party. Its a movement that features numerous localized groups banned together under a broader national umbrella.

Neither, there is no top "leader" of the Tea Party. Its a movement that features numerous localized groups banned together under a broader national umbrella.

Took the words right off my keyboard.

Is there a leader? I would think initially it was more like the Rand Paul. It was very libertarian flavored and called for actual movements of government towards a smaller, more controlled form. After awhile it got taken over and I think it's more like Palin now. A vacuous show devoid of integrity, validity, or point.

I really don't know much about Paul. As for Palin, I think being invited to a gathering as some kind of celebrity speaker and a favored possible candidate is not the same thing as leading the Tea party. She uses their support to boost her profile and make money, but isn't involved in any decision making process on the direction of the movement as far as I can tell. If the Tea Party is a someone centralized conservative politician controlled movement, it's a poor one. Look at the nuts some of these groups have supported. Some of the Tea Party decision making processes seem governed more by passion and anger than common sense or political intelligence. That doesn't mean Conservative politicians aren't trying to form links with Tea Party groups in areas where they see strong local Tea Party influence. They'd be dumb not to if getting elected is their main concern.

I was really hoping that the Tea Party would be the start of real national recognition of libertarianism. Then Palin came along.

I wouldn't mind Rand Paul taking over the reins, as long as he distances himself from his dad. That would be the kiss of death for his political career in the long run. You can borrow on it now, but in the end if he doesn't become his own man, he'll have a distinct glass ceiling over his head.

They have no leader and hopefully never will. I really don't know how they could anyway. There is no ONE tea party organization. Maybe individualy they could have a leader, but I think that is just a person, (usually a woman) who started their particular group and organizes the events etc.
It amazes me how those on the left are so concerned that the tea party is so (unorganized) and they want them to have a leader.
These are individuals who are concerned about their country.
It sort of reminds me of AA. AA has no leader. All of the members are equal and they have been very successful. There are groups large and small all over the world. No leaders in any of them. You can go to another city/ state/country and walk into a meeting and be welcomed with open arms. You just either need be an alchoholic or think you have a drinking problem.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how I see the Tea Party. To belong all you need is a desire to get back to our Constitution, smaller government, and less taxes.

Rand Paul and Palin both inspire, fire up and excite folks. Neither has made a move to "be the leader" and that's just that. They both represent in their own fashion, the Tea Party in one way or another.

Palin has lot's of baggage from the horrid treatment the media gave her, and will never be able to overcome some people's ingrained bigotry towards her. They've been told how to think about her, and nothing she says, or does will change their minds. It's amazing the power of the Media to make people think how they want them to think.

Rand Paul lacks national name recognition, but in the south he's a force to push Tea Party ideals at the ballot box.

Took the words right off my keyboard.

das_keyboard_lrg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom