• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul is Still Working on His Outreach to Black Voters

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
There are a number of Rand Paul's positions that I don't agree with.

But Rand Paul's outreach to Black and Hispanic voters, and his approach to Gay marriage and drug laws might help the GOP if other members of the GOP would study and learn from his example.

Who knows, the GOP might even survive the massive demographic change that is coming at it like a tidal wave and had a big effect on the November, 2012 election which the GOP lost.

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-still-working-outreach-black-voters-164134249.html

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Last edited:
If the GOP can carefully embrace their inner Libertarian, they may return to relevancy. A more rational America would serve us all much better.

If the GOP can carefully embrace their inner Libertarian, they may return to relevancy. A more rational America would serve us all much better.

You used the words "libertarian" and "rational" in the same post....

Sorry, but that is amusing.

There's no telling what the Republican RINO leadership is going to to do, but it is quite significant that the grassroots rise of Tea Party Conservatism frightened the White House and Liberals so badly that they wrongfully designated a significant mission of the IRS to be suppression of that Conservative movement.

I have to disagree with the OP, it appears that the widespread devastation caused by rampant Liberalism has been so destructive to the unique American culture and the United States in general that we will see a 2014 midterm election result that will be as shocking to the Liberals as the 2010 midterm election results were shocking and unacceptable to the Liberals.

Only if you decide to use the most extreme as your basis of evaluation.

Libertarianism has a great deal to offer. As an example, don't you agree that the US has an exaggerated military presence all around the world? OTOH, the extreme position is to withdraw everything. But how about reducing it? Another example might be drug war laws. Should I be able to buy Cocaine at the 7-11 after seeing an ad on TV exhorting Budweiser Cocaine? Or should we accept addiction as reality and sell Cocaine in state drug stores after you get a Doctors exam, are offered recovery opportunities but ultimately allowed to purchase a personal quantity?

Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians are always judged by their most extreme positions. Democrats want to bring in impoverished aliens to vote for them, republicans want to keep women in bondage, Libertarians will let you starve in the street. What a crock of **** they all are. But there are sensible, moderate values that all of them could offer.

You used the words "libertarian" and "rational" in the same post....

Sorry, but that is amusing.

Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians are always judged by their most extreme positions. Democrats want to bring in impoverished aliens to vote for them, republicans want to keep women in bondage, Libertarians will let you starve in the street. What a crock of **** they all are. But there are sensible, moderate values that all of them could offer.

So what if I want to bring in impoverished alien women in bondage and let them starve on the street?

Then you must be a politician revealing their inner thoughts.

So what if I want to bring in impoverished alien women in bondage and let them starve on the street?

There are a number of Rand Paul's positions that I don't agree with.

But Rand Paul's outreach to Black and Hispanic voters, and his approach to Gay marriage and drug laws might help the GOP if other members of the GOP would study and learn from his example.

Who knows, the GOP might even survive the massive demographic change that is coming at it like a tidal wave and had a big effect on the November, 2012 election which the GOP lost.

Rand Paul Is Still Working on His Outreach to Black Voters

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Presumably then, he has not adopted his Daddy's position that the wrong side won the Civil War and that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was bad legislation. Or are they his positions? It's hard to keep the two of them separate. In any event, I don't imagine either position would play really well with black voters.

I love these right wing 'outreaches' to minority voters. They are so transparently phony.

Only if you decide to use the most extreme as your basis of evaluation.

Libertarianism has a great deal to offer. As an example, don't you agree that the US has an exaggerated military presence all around the world? OTOH, the extreme position is to withdraw everything. But how about reducing it? Another example might be drug war laws. Should I be able to buy Cocaine at the 7-11 after seeing an ad on TV exhorting Budweiser Cocaine? Or should we accept addiction as reality and sell Cocaine in state drug stores after you get a Doctors exam, are offered recovery opportunities but ultimately allowed to purchase a personal quantity?

Careful, you will end up as a non partisan like me. Well said, though.

There's no telling what the Republican RINO leadership is going to to do, but it is quite significant that the grassroots rise of Tea Party Conservatism frightened the White House and Liberals so badly that they wrongfully designated a significant mission of the IRS to be suppression of that Conservative movement.

I have to disagree with the OP, it appears that the widespread devastation caused by rampant Liberalism has been so destructive to the unique American culture and the United States in general that we will see a 2014 midterm election result that will be as shocking to the Liberals as the 2010 midterm election results were shocking and unacceptable to the Liberals.

And a 2016 Presidential election that will be another landslide for whatever Democrat happens to run.

Presumably then, he has not adopted his Daddy's position that the wrong side won the Civil War and that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was bad legislation. Or are they his positions? It's hard to keep the two of them separate. In any event, I don't imagine either position would play really well with black voters.

I love these right wing 'outreaches' to minority voters. They are so transparently phony.

I'm not going to waste time on details, but, as I said above, Rand Paul has taken some positions that I will never support, but I don't see him as a bad man, just as a guy with some bad ideas and some good ideas.

Well, those are two spectacularly bad ones, especially if you goal is outreach to black voters. I can see why they might appeal to the Daughters of the Confederacy, but my guess is he has that vote already.

I am non-partisan although there are some here who insist otherwise when for some reason, I don't agree with them on every topic.

Careful, you will end up as a non partisan like me. Well said, though.

They usually boil down to something like minorities are stupid for voting for Democrats because the Democrats haven't solved all the sociopolitical problems caused by the racism of Republicans. So vote Republican.

Not a very compelling argument. That said, at least Rand Paul is pretending to try not to be the crypto racist his father is, when he isn't ranting about low-flow toilets. That puts Rand in the top tier of thoughtful Republicans, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom