• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul Holds the Lead in Kentucky over Jack Conway

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Rand Paul holds lead over Jack Conway in Kentucky Senate race | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

PORQUE!!!!!!

bilde

We can't let this whacko win. Not even the mainstream Republicans like him. Any Kentuckians in here that feel the same way make sure you make it out to the polls in the coming weeks and don't take this Kentucky economy crushing out-of-towner!

I sure hope Paul wins-we don't need anymore Harry Reid slurpers in the senate. The less dems the better

Mickey Mouse would be a better choice than any Lib. :2wave:

indeed. i sincerely hope Paul wins; his voice is going to be needed come the inevitable entitlement restructuring.

You all know that not even McConnell endorses Paul right?

You all know that not even McConnell endorses Paul right?

of course not-McConnell is part of the same dog and pony show that Obama is. Real conservatives terrify machine politicians like McConnell and McConnell still is butt hurt over Paul beating McConnell's little establishment butt boy.

Ah your from Ohio..this explains a lot. Anyways I guess then you could care less for the normal conservative, you want the hardcore XXX conservatives like Paul right?

Ah your from Ohio..this explains a lot. Anyways I guess then you could care less for the normal conservative, you want the hardcore XXX conservatives like Paul right?

I want anyone but another butt boy for Harry Reid. I support Paul because he is a republican. I would have supported that establishment McConnell Mini Me if he had won as well. but when someone wins the primary, the party should support him. I tire of egomaniacs who are sore losers.

As the attorney general of Kentucky currently, Jack Conway is pretty good guy, has experience with the Kentucky political system and above all is actually from there. I def am not a fan of out of state politicians setting up shop in another state for political gain, especially ones that are for destroying our tobacco and horse industry.

As the attorney general of Kentucky currently, Jack Conway is pretty good guy, has experience with the Kentucky political system and above all is actually from there. I def am not a fan of out of state politicians setting up shop in another state for political gain, especially ones that are for destroying our tobacco and horse industry.

cannot support anyone who is gonna rubberstamp harry reid and obama. and we need to be able to block another Kagan replacing RBG when she steps down after the election

Isn't Rand Paul a Libertarian?

Isn't Rand Paul a Libertarian?

here is SW Ohio we are told he has libertarian leanings but he isn't quite the libertarian his father is.

either way he's better than the dem though I admit if all dems were like conway no way would the government be as FUBAR as it is now

Here is just some of the crazy stuff he has said:
-Get rid of the Department of Education (in a state where the motto is "Where Education Pays!")
-Get rid of the Department of Agriculture (in a state where tobacco, corn, and livestock such as horses are subsidized)
-He believes the American people and Obama is to harsh on BP
-Completely opposes abortion even in incredibly extreme conditions such as incest
-Believes that restaurants and businesses should be allowed to refuse service to ethnicity they are uncomfortable with.

<--- This conservative is firmly in support of Rand Paul. I may not like everything he stands for, but I like a hell of a lot that he believes and agree with him on the majority of principles that would guide his vote. And, compared to the other side, the things I dislike about him are absolutely positively dwarfed.

Go Rand Paul.

What the hell are you talking about ??? Rand Paul has lived in Kentucky for 20 years.

Conway is an establishment politician that will rubber stamp every thing Harry Reid asks for.

Rand Paul holds lead over Jack Conway in Kentucky Senate race | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

PORQUE!!!!!!

bilde

We can't let this whacko win. Not even the mainstream Republicans like him. Any Kentuckians in here that feel the same way make sure you make it out to the polls in the coming weeks and don't take this Kentucky economy crushing out-of-towner!

Isn't the Republican candidate highly likely to win in Kentucky, no matter who he/she is? Old habits are hard to change. I have lots of family around Hazard. Are you close?

Believe it or not, eastern Kentucky actually votes for Dems quite a bit, and the Governor of Kentucky is democrat. True that though, Kentucky has increasingly become a Red state, previously they were more of a swing state, having voted for the candidate to become president for the past 5 elections before Obama, but then again racism is still pretty prevalent in Kentucky.

Conway is an establishment politician that will rubber stamp every thing Harry Reid asks for.
-Supports the death penalty
-Is against abortion unless in extreme cases
-Opposes cap and trade and would like for there to be legislation protecting the coal industry
-Is for gun control where it makes sense, supports carrying concealed weapons
-Has saved Kentucky money as Attorney General on Medicaid fraud, and gas station price gouging (at one point our prices were getting much higher than Ohio's)
-Supports establishing English as the official language of US (including all workers in US be required to read and write English)
-Proposes a tax credit to businesses in Kentucky that prove they have created new jobs
-Fully supported Bush's military tactics, as well as Obama's

Last edited:

PORQUE!!!!!!

bilde

If it wasn't for Paul's "foot in mouth" disease, he would be totally crushing Conway. Still, I think he is going to be a decent Senator.

If it wasn't for Paul's "foot in mouth" disease, he would be totally crushing Conway. Still, I think he is going to be a decent Senator.

Paul's not a career politician like Conway, so a few verbal blunders are to be expected. In any case, he should have no problem easily defeating Conway.

Paul's not a career politician like Conway, so a few verbal blunders are to be expected. In any case, he should have no problem easily defeating Conway.

Still plenty of days for Paul to say something stupid, but you're probably right. The guy honestly will probably get along a lot worse with Republicans and Dems than Conway would have.

Isn't the Republican candidate highly likely to win in Kentucky, no matter who he/she is? Old habits are hard to change. I have lots of family around Hazard. Are you close?

Your real name isn't Daisy Duke is it? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom