• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul "Fingers Crossed" on Cover of New Republic:

Are you surprised?

of course not.

But i like Rand Paul.

So to take 10 seconds to show how utterly ridiculous his opposition is on this issue seems like a good use of time.

Oh Jeez.

1. I want the budget balanced, all the troops/drones home, less taxes/regulations and a government that doesn't spy on me without a warrant. It took me all of 10 seconds to come up with and it seems like common sense to me.

How and why did you come up with your stances on these issues? Is that not personal to you? suited to your libertarian like philosophy, and a complex web of issues? If you think balancing the budget, sending the troops home, less taxes on government and no spying aren't complex issues, than you shouldn't even be voting...

How and why did you come up with your stances on these issues? Is that not personal to you? suited to your libertarian like philosophy, and a complex web of issues? If you think balancing the budget, sending the troops home, less taxes on government and no spying aren't complex issues, than you shouldn't even be voting...

They are simple.

Balanced budget - make it illegal to run deficits except during declared state of war with other country(s). Failure to comply means automatic and equal reduction in all non-life threatening areas until budget is balanced.

Troops home - bring them ALL home, immediately. Other nations don't like it...tough. End all drone strikes immediately.

Less taxes - make one flat tax/capital gains rate for all Americans. No deductions except charitable contributions. No corporate taxes.

No spying on Americans without a warrant - pass Constitutional amendment:

jamesrage said it well (imo):

'I belieave that the government has no business spying on the people IE their employers. So yes I would support a Constitutional amendment for privacy.It would also make it apply to businesses as well, because big brother is wrong regardless if its government businesses doing it. It would ban the government and business from watching people(with exception to employees only at the work place and customers only at the place of business ), collecting data on people, data-mining.It would also ban tracking people and or their property.THis would also ban the government and companies from contracting with other governments and businesses outside the US to spy on the people. The penalties for anyone trying to undermine this would be 10-20 years in prison.'

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/164098-would-you-support-constitutional-amendment-privacy.html

I'll throw in a couple for free:

Welfare - end it for everyone but physically/mentally handicapped. Replace with government run emergency shelters with emergency food/bed/medical/dental for all who need/want it.

Social Security - when last American currently over 40 dies, SS dies with 'em.

These problems are not complex - it's politicians and people like you who make them seem like they are.

Are you done yet?

Last edited:
They are simple.

Balanced budget - make it illegal to run deficits except during declared state of war with other country(s). Failure to comply means automatic and equal reduction in all non-life threatening areas until budget is balanced.

Troops home - bring them ALL home, immediately. Other nations don't like it...tough. End all drone strikes immediately.

Less taxes - make one flat tax/capital gains rate for all Americans. No deductions except charitable contributions. No corporate taxes.

No spying on Americans without a warrant - pass Constitutional amendment:

I'll throw in a couple for free:

Welfare - end it for everyone but physically/mentally handicapped. Replace with government run emergency shelters with emergency food/bed/medical/dental for all who need/want it.

Social Security - when last American currently over 40 dies, SS dies with 'em.

These problems are not complex - it's politicians and people like you who make them seem like they are.

Are you done yet?

You are just spouting off political talking points and not even attempting to answer my questions. I believe I asked you how and why you came up with those beliefs. Yet for some reason, you just listed more of your beliefs. Are they not personal to you? Here let me answer that for you: Yes, the are personal to you. They are YOUR beliefs and YOUR opinions! They may seem common sense to YOU, but I don't agree with most of what you wrote. Some of those things I do not personally care about but you do! Are you saying that I should care about them? Even though, I am not personally connected in anyway to those beliefs or issues?

To say that taxes, welfare, and Social Security are not complex issues is ridiculous.

You are just spouting off political talking points and not even attempting to answer my questions. I believe I asked you how and why you came up with those beliefs. Yet for some reason, you just listed more of your beliefs. Are they not personal to you? Here let me answer that for you: Yes, the are personal to you. They are YOUR beliefs and YOUR opinions! They may seem common sense to YOU, but I don't agree with most of what you wrote. Some of those things I do not personally care about but you do! Are you saying that I should care about them? Even though, I am not personally connected in anyway to those beliefs or issues?

To say that taxes, welfare, and Social Security are not complex issues is ridiculous.

All you seem to be doing is getting more and more frustrated because I don't over-think these subjects as much as you seem to.

As to how I came up with my opinions....it took all of about ten seconds each.

They are common sense.

How spending too much is a complex problem is laughable...you just stop spending too much...duh.

Same with everything else I commented on.

You cannot afford welfare/SS? Then cut them and replace them with the bare minimum that keeps people alive and well...again, duh.

Don't like American's getting killed overseas for nothing OR our government committing technical acts of war every time they commit a drone strike? Then pull the troops home and end the strikes, respectively...again, duh.

Taxes are too complex and unfair? Simplify them and make them apply equally to all. Again, duh.

It is politicians and people like you who insist on making simple problems into complex ones with complex solutions. They are neither.

You obviously do not agree, seem closed minded on it and are obviously taking this too seriously.

Find someone else to vent on - I have better things to do.

I am done with you on this for now.

Have a nice day.

only if there is a dispute of water between 2 or more states.

No, since water moves between states in any number of forms, rivers, aquifers, rain.

But you've already lost this issue: it's been litigated. Your crank theory lost.

Saving water for future use? Pretty trivial eh?

So how do I destroy water again? If you could offer up some tips on how I destroy this stuff I would be grateful.

All you seem to be doing is getting more and more frustrated because I don't over-think these subjects as much as you seem to.

As to how I came up with my opinions....it took all of about ten seconds each.

They are common sense.

How spending too much is a complex problem is laughable...you just stop spending too much...duh.

Same with everything else I commented on.

You cannot afford welfare/SS? Then cut them and replace them with the bare minimum that keeps people alive and well...again, duh.

Don't like American's getting killed overseas for nothing OR our government committing technical acts of war every time they commit a drone strike? Then pull the troops home and end the strikes, respectively...again, duh.

Taxes are too complex and unfair? Simplify them and make them apply equally to all. Again, duh.

It is politicians and people like you who insist on making simple problems into complex ones with complex solutions. They are neither.

You obviously do not agree, seem closed minded on it and are obviously taking this too seriously.

Find someone else to vent on - I have better things to do.

I am done with you on this for now.

Have a nice day.

So what happens when someone disagrees with you and your solutions? You just run away and hide? Since you won't tell me how you arrived at these conclusions or why it appears that you are the one not taking this seriously and you are the one who believes that there are simple solutions to these complex issues. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about! Otherwise you would have explained how and why you arrived at these solutions and your reasoning behind them. Instead of using talking points skewed towards a paulisan theology.

So how do I destroy water again? If you could offer up some tips on how I destroy this stuff I would be grateful.

So your question is why is the regulation of water use to save it a good thing?

Let's hope Paul makes this his central campaign issue. It's such perfect tea baggery.

Yeah, that's the exact analogy!

(somebody, please help him!)

I notice you still failed to even attempt to give me an answer.

What benefit does the nation get by forcing Iowans to install low flow toilets? For the federal govenrment to intervene, I need to know why the nation benefits. If Iowa benefits form Iowa conservataion, then Iowans could of done it for themselves.

please stop dodging. explain your views.

I notice you still failed to even attempt to give me an answer.

What benefit does the nation get by forcing Iowans to install low flow toilets? For the federal govenrment to intervene, I need to know why the nation benefits. If Iowa benefits form Iowa conservataion, then Iowans could of done it for themselves.

please stop dodging. explain your views.

I can't tell you how pleased I am that the Randians are really going to focus on the low flow toilet issue. It's the kind of thing Rand needs to talk about every day in his doomed bid for the presidency.

You tea partiers make it all too easy. Though I feel a little sorry for ModerateGOP. He has to live we you guys and your toilet obsession. I just get to watch the GOP go extinct -- dare I say, flushed down the toilet!

I can't tell you how pleased I am that the Randians are really going to focus on the low flow toilet issue. It's the kind of thing Rand needs to talk about every day in his doomed bid for the presidency.

You tea partiers make it all too easy. Though I feel a little sorry for ModerateGOP. He has to live we you guys and your toilet obsession. I just get to watch the GOP go extinct -- dare I say, flushed down the toilet!

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you stay so active to remind people that as nutty as the extreme right can be, they do not hold a monopoly in that regard.

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you stay so active to remind people that as nutty as the extreme right can be, they do not hold a monopoly in that regard.

Yeah, low flow toilets are major threat to your freedom, and national policies for saving water are "extreme".

It's like clockwork. God, I hope Rand Paul puts this in his speech at the next losing GOP nomination convention.

Yeah, low flow toilets are major threat to your freedom, and national policies for saving water are "extreme".

It's like clockwork. God, I hope Rand Paul puts this in his speech at the next losing GOP nomination convention.

I didn't introduce this meme in this thread, you did. yet you can't give a good reason for the law. you are flailing around like a fish out of water. I'm enjoying the show.

I didn't introduce this meme in this thread, you did. yet you can't give a good reason for the law. you are flailing around like a fish out of water. I'm enjoying the show.

No, no, no -- Rand Paul did. He can't help it. That's the beauty of it all.

No, no, no -- Rand Paul did. He can't help it. That's the beauty of it all.

You introduced a subject here, but can’t defend your position on the subject. That is what people see. Your activity helps conservatism. I like that you stay so active for this reason alone.

No, since water moves between states in any number of forms, rivers, aquifers, rain.

But you've already lost this issue: it's been litigated. Your crank theory lost.

why does the government need to be involved in water issues, ..if there are no problems between states and that water?

duties of congress...i dont see any water powers!

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in an

powers of the court!

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;-- between a State and Citizens of another State,--between Citizens of different States,--between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom