• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rampant Racism Among the Democrats

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Of course, racism is an old, old tradition with Democrats.

● Joy Reid’s Racial Test: Democrats ‘Can’t Run Two White Guys’ in 2020.
—NewsBusters, today.

● “Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY] asked by Van Jones if she was bothered the top 3 in the national poll were white men, flatly said ‘yes’”
—As spotted by Twitchy, today, who asks, “Quick question for Gillibrand: If the Democrat nominee does end up being Bernie, Beto, Joe or another white guy, is she going to pull her support?”

● And from Friday, “CNN election analyst [Harry Enten] on Dems’ 2020 race: ‘I am not sure it’s the time to nominate a white man.’” Link

I'm so old that I can remember the Rev. Martin Luther's admonition to judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. But maybe that was just a piece of throw-away rhetoric for Democrats.

When will right wing racists get it through their heads that wanting to INCLUDE people who have been excluded and discriminated because of race is NOT the same as EXCLUDING people and discriminating against them because of their race.

It is the opposite.

One group is trying to repair the harm from right wing racism while the other is trying to further it.

I do not think that the worthless word "racist" applies to liberals.

Liberals say that they feel that the government should reflect the face of the population.

Personally, I disagree.

I believe that only the "content of their character" matters.

I would much rather be governed by, say, all Martians if they are honest and competent than by corrupt and incompetent people of "my own kind."

For example, I feel that people in a certain continent made a BIG mistake in chasing away the big, bad "colonialists" in favor of "their own kind," who have made a shambles of the economy and brutalized the people more than the "colonialists" ever did.

I'm so old that I can remember the Rev. Martin Luther's admonition to judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. But maybe that was just a piece of throw-away rhetoric for Democrats.

While I question the source and the intention, there is a conversation to be had on looking to reverse racism to counter racism. Intended or not, the result of looking at "white men" as the exclusion reason is inherently racism.

3 out of what, 30M people made a comment involving race?!?!? RAMPANT *RACISM* I TELL YA!

While I question the source and the intention, there is a conversation to be had on looking to reverse racism to counter racism. Intended or not, the result of looking at "white men" as the exclusion reason is inherently racism.

It's a slippery slope for sure, and I don't think it helps this country to assume that now white men are targets because it only serves to fuel the division that exists. I've always felt that the best way forward is helping other groups take down the barriers which prevent them from achieving that level of success, because the flip side of this is people in power maintaining power. One poster mentioned politicians reflecting the diverse population of this country, but the reality is the majority of this country is still white and you already see diversity at the Congressional level where representatives tend to reflect their ethnic/racial constituents. I don't want a Hispanic president simply because he's Hispanic; I want it to be because he best represents the issues I feel are important to me and the country.

Racism is a fact of life. The democrats go to great lengths to keep blacks on their reservation, and use their surrogates to blame blacks for "acting white" when they stray. The democrats even have their panties in a bunch because the Mexicans are trending conservative, and now their illegal immigration efforts are concentrated south of Mexico City and beyond. Funny how as people's lives improve they have less use for liberals.

Having said all that, Obama spent his entire presidency separating the races and "types" of people into tribes. He even manage to cut out law enforcement into a separate threat to black America with deadly consequences to innocent cops eating lunch in their squad cars. Guess what? Cities are running out of cops and qualified applicants to be cops. "Blue state" blacks someday might get tired of being murdered by their "blue state" cousins, then consider throwing the democrats out if they could get an honest election. The democrats look the other way at corruption when it works for them.

Lastly, it's a pretty cheap shot to call people racists when the very backbone of the democrat party is bursting with pride in every slum and ghetto in America in "blue" states as they operated generations old "Bringing in the Vote" schemes.

Racism is a fact of life. The democrats go to great lengths to keep blacks on their reservation, and use their surrogates to blame blacks for "acting white" when they stray. The democrats even have their panties in a bunch because the Mexicans are trending conservative, and now their illegal immigration efforts are concentrated south of Mexico City and beyond. Funny how as people's lives improve they have less use for liberals.

Having said all that, Obama spent his entire presidency separating the races and "types" of people into tribes. He even manage to cut out law enforcement into a separate threat to black America with deadly consequences to innocent cops eating lunch in their squad cars. Guess what? Cities are running out of cops and qualified applicants to be cops. "Blue state" blacks someday might get tired of being murdered by their "blue state" cousins, then consider throwing the democrats out if they could get an honest election. The democrats look the other way at corruption when it works for them.

Lastly, it's a pretty cheap shot to call people racists when the very backbone of the democrat party is bursting with pride in every slum and ghetto in America in "blue" states as they operated generations old "Bringing in the Vote" schemes.

Lets get back to reality buddy.

Democrats are trying to make sure that they have blacks (and females and hispanics for that matter) properly represented in the leadership positions of their party. Republicans are busy around the country trying to make it harder for blacks and hispanics to vote because the conservative supreme court struck down the voter rights law. So lets not pretend that these are comparable or that the democrats are the ones with the big problems. Republicans like to pretend that blacks vote democrat because they simply can't think for themselves and are all like ignorant little sheep who obediently vote for their shepherd in return for protection because they can't help themselves. I don't think republicans understand how insanely insulting that is.

Lets get back to reality buddy.

Democrats are trying to make sure that they have blacks (and females and hispanics for that matter) properly represented in the leadership positions of their party. So lets not pretend that these are comparable or that the democrats are the ones with the big problems. Republicans like to pretend that blacks vote democrat because they simply can't think for themselves and are all like ignorant little sheep who obediently vote for their shepherd in return for protection because they can't help themselves. I don't think republicans understand how insanely insulting that is.

Democrats are trying to make sure that they have blacks (and females and hispanics for that matter) properly represented in the leadership positions of their party. This is true.

Republicans are busy around the country trying to make it harder for blacks and hispanics to vote because the conservative supreme court struck down the voter rights law. This is leftist fever dream bull****.

When will right wing racists get it through their heads that wanting to INCLUDE people who have been excluded and discriminated because of race is NOT the same as EXCLUDING people and discriminating against them because of their race. It is the opposite.
Never since that is empirically untrue. Include can mean open up, but it can and often is just a postively phrasing of exclution. The word is only as meaningful as its merit. Racism is inherit within the distinction that race holds any degree of merit outside the content of one character. I would further argue that this form of modern leftist racist rhetoric/policy still hurts and discriminates minorities not "whites". It simply a different tactic of the same dixiecrat style goals.

One group is trying to repair the harm from right wing racism while the other is trying to further it.
There is certainly right wing racism especially anti-semitic we are fight in this country; but, in the united states that fails in comparison to the scale and damage of left wing racism. Big government is inherently needed to enforce arbitrary social norms. The left has always been the traditional home of rampant racism.To argue otherwise is an argument yet to bear fruit.

One need only look at the treatment of any non-left minority to observe the vitriol that exists beneath the PR speak and careful crafted racial laws.Never forget white supremacists hate "race-traitor/anti-racists" even more than they hate minorities. Their goal is to enforce class not race well keeping minorities in check. Most "white" Americans back in the slave-states were not slave holders - they too needed to be convinced to particpate in the racist system.To do so, included promoting the principle of state rights and distrust of the federal government that was later exploided to push the south right after LBJ. Make no mistake though the dixiecrats sentiment never left the party, only the talking points and level of government targeted changed[no more localized racism but national]. This underlying desire for classes ever obvious in the administrative districts where they hold sway.

Be careful. Dems live and die by their hatred for racism. Dems are also for retribution. If lawmakers won't provide the necessary retribution for those who've been wronged, dems will. It's, IMO, 'soft' retribution. Dems theorize certain races can't be racist even though they hate someone for their skin color because they deserve retribution. I guess dems have also determined they can create law.

Democrats are trying to make sure that they have blacks (and females and hispanics for that matter) properly represented in the leadership positions of their party. This is true.

Republicans are busy around the country trying to make it harder for blacks and hispanics to vote because the conservative supreme court struck down the voter rights law. This is leftist fever dream bull****.

Really?

Are you really going to argue this point? Republicans closed down college voting sites, they shut down early voting on sundays in certain areas cause that was a big day for black churches to do a vote drive, they shut down a voting site in a majority hispanic city due to "construction" and put it outside the city limits far away from public transportation (even though the old voting site is still being used for events) and then sent mailers out saying that the old voting site was till the place to go, they used signature matching laws to throw out ballots that were disproportionately from democrat/minority areas etc. etc. The stories just go on and on and on. You an argue with me about the scope of the attempt, but that it's happening is already a fact. Republicans are even in the public making jokes and admitting to the fact that they want it to be harder for democrats to vote. You have to be willfully blind to not recognize this.

Never since that is empirically untrue. Include can mean open up, but it can and often is just a postively phrasing of exclution. The word is only as meaningful as its merit. Racism is inherit within the distinction that race holds any degree of merit outside the content of one character. I would further argue that this form of modern leftist racist rhetoric/policy still hurts and discriminates minorities not "whites". It simply a different tactic of the same dixiecrat style goals.

There is certainly right wing racism especially anti-semitic we are fight in this country; but, in the united states that fails in comparison to the scale and damage of left wing racism. Big government is inherently needed to enforce arbitrary social norms. The left has always been the traditional home of rampant racism.To argue otherwise is an argument yet to bear fruit.

One need only look at the treatment of any non-left minority to observe the vitriol that exists beneath the PR speak and careful crafted racial laws.Never forget white supremacists hate "race-traitor/anti-racists" even more than they hate minorities. Their goal is to enforce class not race well keeping minorities in check. Most "white" Americans back in the slave-states were not slave holders - they too needed to be convinced to particpate in the racist system.To do so, included promoting the principle of state rights and distrust of the federal government that was later exploided to push the south right after LBJ. Make no mistake though the dixiecrats sentiment never left the party, only the talking points and level of government targeted changed[no more localized racism but national]. This underlying desire for classes ever obvious in the administrative districts where they hold sway.

Thank you for demonstrating you have precious little understanding of this problem in our society.

Except for the pesky fact, of course, that there's actually no racism there.

This seems to be really hard for you.

Thank you for demonstrating you have precious little understanding of this problem in our society.
Great then you'll easily prove it. Why don't we name an example of a policy which distinguishes based on race not character for the purposes of inclusion not exclusion.

Great then you'll easily prove it. Why don't we name an example of a policy which distinguishes based on race not character for the purposes of inclusion not exclusion.

Your own post demonstrates you do not have a good knowledge of racism in America and the difference between the left advocating for INCLUSION while the right pushes their RACIST policies.

your original post said this

Racism is inherit within the distinction that race holds any degree of merit outside the content of one character. I would further argue that this form of modern leftist racist rhetoric/policy still hurts and discriminates minorities not "whites". It simply a different tactic of the same dixiecrat style goals.

and this

Make no mistake though the dixiecrats sentiment never left the party, only the talking points and level of government targeted changed[no more localized racism but national]. This underlying desire for classes ever obvious in the administrative districts where they hold sway.
For you to pretend that the old white racist Democratic party still goes on in an altered form but with the same components is simply ridiculous on its face.

Last edited:

OMG! Three people! Talking about social injustice!

Not like these members of Trump's base, these "very fine people" as Trump calls them:

Neo-Nazis Praise Trump's Response to Charlottesville: 'He Said He Loves Us All!'

charlottesville-master-08-22-2017.jpg

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

a684f86d-2d93-4b1c-8516-fd159afb00b0.jpg

Hilary should have had an African-American or an Hispanic running mate.

This would have made her "ticket" appeal to a broader section of the demographic.

Many ethnic groups make up the poorer sections of society...they often don't vote because they're disillusioned with the whole political process. Until this century, the presidential election was between two pairs of white men.

Really?

Are you really going to argue this point? Republicans closed down college voting sites, they shut down early voting on sundays in certain areas cause that was a big day for black churches to do a vote drive, they shut down a voting site in a majority hispanic city due to "construction" and put it outside the city limits far away from public transportation (even though the old voting site is still being used for events) and then sent mailers out saying that the old voting site was till the place to go, they used signature matching laws to throw out ballots that were disproportionately from democrat/minority areas etc. etc. The stories just go on and on and on. You an argue with me about the scope of the attempt, but that it's happening is already a fact. Republicans are even in the public making jokes and admitting to the fact that they want it to be harder for democrats to vote. You have to be willfully blind to not recognize this.

They've been openly and proudly saying they don't want everyone to vote since the Reagan days.

Weyrich was a founding partner in the Heritage Foundation, the Moral Majority, Free Congress Foundation and the American Legislative Exchange Council.
Let's stop pretending that Republicans welcome some sort of "big tent" of diversity because that kind of statement can only be described as a gigantic bald-faced LIE, and anyone who pretends it isn't a lie is participating in the active promotion of even more lies.

We don't believe you, we don't believe anything you say, and with regard to racism, despite the fact that both major parties might have indeed switched their platforms several times in the last century and a half, it has always been very easy to identify who the racists were.
They weren't the liberals, the racists were the conservatives.
It is true that the Democrats founded the Klan, but that's because in those times, Republicans were the liberals of the era.

Parties retool and reboot all the time. Conservatives don't retool, they just close ranks and spew more lies.
It's what they do.

When will right wing racists get it through their heads that wanting to INCLUDE people who have been excluded and discriminated because of race is NOT the same as EXCLUDING people and discriminating against them because of their race.

It is the opposite.

FYI

The guy with the Nazi flag...do you think he voted for Hilary in 2016 ?

Apparently Trump Republicans seem to think all these people went to the "Unite the Right" rally by mistake, because according to them, these Nazi/Klan members were liberals.

UnitetheRightCharlottesville.jpg

UniteTheRightgroups.jpg

More Trump Republican LIES.
Par for the course for anything posted by Low Down...when someone tells you that they are low-down, you should believe them.

The guy with the Nazi flag...do you think he voted for Hilary in 2016 ?

Not according to Stormfront, the KKK and Neo Nazis, they love them some Trump. See link in post #18.

Apparently Trump Republicans seem to think all these people went to the "Unite the Right" rally by mistake, because according to them, these Nazi/Klan members were liberals.

View attachment 67246188

View attachment 67246189

More Trump Republican LIES.
Par for the course for anything posted by Low Down...when someone tells you that they are low-down, you should believe them.

yep.

1. A rally hosted by White Supremacists.

2. A rally which had a stated goal of uniting White Supremacists from across the country.

3. A rally where people were carrying Nazi flags, and chanting Nazi slogans...

IMO this is not a venue where "very fine people" are congregating.

Well, unless you think like Donald Trump, then there were definitely some "very fine people" there.

Back
Top Bottom