• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rampant Racism Among the Democrats

Your paternalistic and condescending attitudes toward minorities would be called racism if any conservative held the same position. People can succeed without you holding their hands.

Only a right winger would call my acceptance of reality "racism" in a pathetic effort to justify the right wings embrace of their own racism and justify it.

What exactly have I endorsed that you find fault with?

I am replying because your comments were civil.

This website is a place where we are allowed to blow off steam, as you and I have just done.

I will not insult you by gainsaying your opinion. I have no doubt that you are sincere.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about the "racist" American educational system.

If you ever have a chance to visit the schools here in Los Angeles, you will see modern schools with the latest equipment. You will find a city that spends billions of (taxpayer) money for teachers' salaries, books, computers, libraries, etc. You will see schools that do everything possible to help and understand students' needs.

I know the posting rules here are very strict, but I think that I am allowed to say the following: You say that American schools "stymie" the progress of non-Caucasian children.
Yet Asian children are doing fantastically well in public schools.

Best wishes

Education spending is linked to property values so Los Angeles is not the norm, they are the top of the pyramid. Every city and every minority population are not as lucky. I say the system is racist because it draws education funding relative to a local tax base which, in many minority communities, is much lower than in white communities and it's done deliberately.

As for the Asian thing, it doesn't mean that the system isn't racist just because some other race succeeds more than another. That's the very definition of racism. Asians have not traditionally been treated like black people have. They weren't specifically told for hundreds of years that they were too dumb to learn and, thus, didn't deserve to. Even though Asians HAVE experienced bigotry, even institutional bigotry, in this country, the comparison is weak.

I accept that you disagree but I do not accept your reasoning.

That's not an answer. There is no "improvement" beyond a level playing field if you believe in a free society based on merit.

What we have is the merit assigned to the working class by the donor class.

They get to decide what "merit" is.

So it is "most profitable".

Not the most creative, if that creativity isn't profitable.

Not the most inventive, if those inventions aren't profitable.

Etc.

Back
Top Bottom