• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rampant Racism Among the Democrats

According to the left, never. If they ever admitted to a level playing field, they'd quickly lose relevance.

You failed to answer the question instead opting for a hyper partisan cheap shot.

Can you try again and this time give me an honest answer?

At what point in life does a person who comes from a subculture in our country which has been systematically oppressed and discriminated against for centuries ever start out on a level playing field?

You failed to answer the question instead opting for a hyper partisan cheap shot.

Can you try again and this time give me an honest answer?

At what point in life does a person who comes from a subculture in our country which has been systematically oppressed and discriminated against for centuries ever start out on a level playing field?

That question assumes that no level playing field can ever exist which means we'll always need the left to be there championing special conditions for various classes of people. It's extremely condescending to those people to take such a position. But to return to the first point, to disadvantage one class in the attempt to rectify past wrongs is no better than the original wrongs.

That question assumes that no level playing field can ever exist which means we'll always need the left to be there championing special conditions for various classes of people. It's extremely condescending to those people to take such a position. But to return to the first point, to disadvantage one class in the attempt to rectify past wrongs is no better than the original wrongs.

You believe in meritocracy?

It assumes nothing about the future. It simply acknowledges the past and present.

It assumes nothing about the future. It simply acknowledges the past and present.

Yea and who decides when a level playing field exists and what it looks like? That is the problem. For the people who see political advantage in an unlevel playing field, it will ever remain unlevel.

Yea and who decides when a level playing field exists and what it looks like? That is the problem. For the people who see political advantage in an unlevel playing field, it will ever remain unlevel.

What makes you think that there can ever really be a true such thing as "a level playing field"?

What makes you think that there can ever really be a true such thing as "a level playing field"?

You're sort of making my point, no? We get it as level as we can and let it alone. The idea that minorities can't compete is simply absurd. They compete in sports but are supposedly incapable of competing in other spheres of life. I reject that idea. I also reject the idea of racial preferences and quotas. Let the most able man or woman win.

I do not think that the worthless word "racist" applies to liberals.

Liberals say that they feel that the government should reflect the face of the population.

Personally, I disagree.

I believe that only the "content of their character" matters.

I would much rather be governed by, say, all Martians if they are honest and competent than by corrupt and incompetent people of "my own kind."

For example, I feel that people in a certain continent made a BIG mistake in chasing away the big, bad "colonialists" in favor of "their own kind," who have made a shambles of the economy and brutalized the people more than the "colonialists" ever did.

You have obviously never been colonized.

You're sort of making my point, no? We get it as level as we can and let it alone. The idea that minorities can't compete is simply absurd. They compete in sports but are supposedly incapable of competing in other spheres of life. I reject that idea. I also reject the idea of racial preferences and quotas. Let the most able man or woman win.

"we let it alone"?????

Man and society is about trying to improve and the world as we found it.

"we let it alone"?????

Man and society is about trying to improve and the world as we found it.

That's not an answer. There is no "improvement" beyond a level playing field if you believe in a free society based on merit.

That's not an answer. There is no "improvement" beyond a level playing field if you believe in a free society based on merit.

In a society such as the USA, the so called "level playing field" is a fiction. It has never existed in our entire history and because history is prologue to the future, it will never exist.

In a society such as the USA, the so called "level playing field" is a fiction. It has never existed in our entire history and because history is prologue to the future, it will never exist.

So, you're just confirming what I said in post #75 then.

Some are saying that Hilary should have had an African-American or an Hispanic running mate and that this would have made her "ticket" appeal to a broader section of the demographic.

Policies don't matter anymore?

So deeply entrenched in the mentality of intersectional politics, the politics of identity and collective victim hood, the politics of division, setting groups of electorate against each other, apparently having completely lost sight that policies even matter anymore. :roll:

As if this is the basis of good governance and good leadership. :roll:

Last edited:
I've omitted the rest of your dishonest hand-wringing, which was no more than pretended outrage about a subject you do not care about that you weaponized for the sole purpose of attacking the left.

I just wanted to note that if one replaced "policy" with "platform", what you said here is a perfect description of the conservative mantra that Democrat welfare policies have "entrapped" black people, aka, "the Democrat plantation." Bet you never considered that.

PS: Really? Another far right Trumpist who changes their lean to "independent"? It doesn't make your posts seem any more credible, you know...

"Independent Trumpist" is an oxymoron. Being as his base is made up of morons, well, none too surprising.:roll::2rofll:

So, you're just confirming what I said in post #75 then.

What you said in post 75 was selectively directed against what you believe are beliefs of your political enemies. What I said applies to EVERYONE and is not partisan in nature as was your comment.

That is NOT confirming what you said in 75. It is CORRECTING what you said in 75.

Uh, no it's not, but nice try at race baiting, hay.
When will right wing racists get it through their heads that wanting to INCLUDE people who have been excluded and discriminated because of race is NOT the same as EXCLUDING people and discriminating against them because of their race.

It is the opposite.

One group is trying to repair the harm from right wing racism while the other is trying to further it.

What you said in post 75 was selectively directed against what you believe are beliefs of your political enemies. What I said applies to EVERYONE and is not partisan in nature as was your comment.

That is NOT confirming what you said in 75. It is CORRECTING what you said in 75.

No, I said that the left believes that there can never be a level playing field. You said the same thing above. Parsing words now doesn't change anything.

Of course, racism is an old, old tradition with Democrats.
I'm so old that I can remember the Rev. Martin Luther's admonition to judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. But maybe that was just a piece of throw-away rhetoric for Democrats.
Another fake issue thread by a confused partisan. Wasted click.

Uh, no it's not, but nice try at race baiting, hay.

I do not understand what you mean by "race baiting" or why you are unfairly accusing me of engaging in it.

No, I said that the left believes that there can never be a level playing field. You said the same thing above. Parsing words now doesn't change anything.

I do not think that the worthless word "racist" applies to liberals.

Liberals say that they feel that the government should reflect the face of the population.

Personally, I disagree.

I believe that only the "content of their character" matters.

I would much rather be governed by, say, all Martians if they are honest and competent than by corrupt and incompetent people of "my own kind."

For example, I feel that people in a certain continent made a BIG mistake in chasing away the big, bad "colonialists" in favor of "their own kind," who have made a shambles of the economy and brutalized the people more than the "colonialists" ever did.

You can't just have character content, though. People of all colors need education to make that content work in the real world. The US education system is racist and it continues to stymie the progress of non-white people. That is the root of our political divide.

Oh, so now you speak for everyone? How do you know what everyone believes on that topic?

Oh, so now you speak for everyone? How do you know what everyone believes on that topic?

Thank you for point out my error. I do not speak for everyone. Just those who are rational and live in reality on this issue of the lack of existence of a level playing field.

But if you take exception, please tell me at what point in life today do we join everyone else on this so called level playing field? That I really want to know about.

Thank you for point out my error. I do not speak for everyone. Just those who are rational and live in reality on this issue of the lack of existence of a level playing field.

But if you take exception, please tell me at what point in life today do we join everyone else on this so called level playing field? That I really want to know about.

Your paternalistic and condescending attitudes toward minorities would be called racism if any conservative held the same position. People can succeed without you holding their hands.

The US education system is racist and it continues to stymie the progress of non-white people.

I am replying because your comments were civil.

This website is a place where we are allowed to blow off steam, as you and I have just done.

I will not insult you by gainsaying your opinion. I have no doubt that you are sincere.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about the "racist" American educational system.

If you ever have a chance to visit the schools here in Los Angeles, you will see modern schools with the latest equipment. You will find a city that spends billions of (taxpayer) money for teachers' salaries, books, computers, libraries, etc. You will see schools that do everything possible to help and understand students' needs.

I know the posting rules here are very strict, but I think that I am allowed to say the following: You say that American schools "stymie" the progress of non-Caucasian children.
Yet Asian children are doing fantastically well in public schools.

Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom