• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rambo wannabes like this need to be given jail time

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Police: Armed robber killed by armed customer - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

If we really want to cut down on the violent gun culture we really need to send a message to people like this trying to take the law into their own hands and stop glorifying them. Who knows who this person could have hit trying to be like an action hero movie doing this.

It's frightening to think conceal carry permit holders are always wondering around with the possibility of having an OK-Corral style shootout. I bet the perpetrator was a person of color, too. This gun nut probably wouldn't be so eager to shoot a white guy.

Good shooting sounds to me like. I am all for killing people while it is still self defense.

So basically he killed someone that threatened to kill someone else?

Yeah, I have no problem with this.

Also, why did you bring race into this? The suspect threatened to kill the store clerk and attempted to kidnap her. I'm sorry, but the suspect needed to be stopped.

Are you suggesting that if the suspect was white that the consumer would have just allowed the store clerk to be killed or kidnapped?

Police: Armed robber killed by armed customer - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

If we really want to cut down on the violent gun culture we really need to send a message to people like this trying to take the law into their own hands and stop glorifying them. Who knows who this person could have hit trying to be like an action hero movie doing this.

It's frightening to think conceal carry permit holders are always wondering around with the possibility of having an OK-Corral style shootout. I bet the perpetrator was a person of color, too. This gun nut probably wouldn't be so eager to shoot a white guy.

what you are saying is you identify with the armed robber and you are upset he got what was coming to him. I remember when some mope's attorney asked me if I would have shot the asshole who mugged me if he was white. And I said, I did not choose the color of the assholes who tried to mug me nor the color of the guy who broke my nose.

I am glad this guy whacked an armed robber. someone who brings a gun to rob others has demonstrated that he doesn't care about either the lives or property of others. I can say GOOD RIDDANCE and I wish MORE armed robbers were shot down by their intended victims. You trying to make this into a racist matter is pathetic as trying to excuse the perpetrator (aka the dead scum bag)

You're such an asshole for trying to bastardize a law abiding citizen for defending himself. Would it have been more noble for you if this guy threw a ****ing ninja star instead of using a firearm?

You're such an asshole for trying to bastardize a law abiding citizen for defending himself. Would it have been more noble for you if this guy threw a ****ing ninja star instead of using a firearm?

That would be so ****ing badass.

What the actual ****? Why are you PO'ed about THIS?

This was in self-defense. Jesus Christ, can people not defend themselves with firearms anymore?

So basically he killed someone that threatened to kill someone else?

Yeah, I have no problem with this.

Yeah, why the **** would anyone have a problem with this? It makes no sense to me how the OP takes issue with this.

Well, let's see here...how many snowflake liberal character traits have you displayed here.

1. Characterizing self-defense as "violent gun culture".

2. Congratulating a person's actions that saved a life as "glorifying them".

3. A person makes a well-aimed shot and you are concerned about who he "could have hit".

4. Being frightened by law-abiding citizens.

5. Playing the race card.

Not bad. But I can't help wondering if that store clerk would disagree with you.

Well, this is coming from the guy who tried to say that the Lion King is racist. :shrug:

Is this also the same guy that said math is for nerds.

I whooped his ass in that thread.

You thus joined a club on this forum with a few hundred members. based on his posting history, he actually is upset that an armed violent criminal was shot down by a good citizen with good aim

Your racist comment noted., "This gun nut probably wouldn't be so eager to shoot a white guy"

Seems to me a better message to the people who want to rob a business and take hostages is you don't know who all is armed.

Your generalization of concealed weapons permit people is laughable. It is know there was a armed citizen at the U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords shooting and decided not to engage. So your premise of "are always wondering around with the possibility of having an OK-Corral style shootout" is so wrong.

Your focus on the shooter who stopped the robber and kidnapper. What is your thoughts on the person who robbed the place and took a hostage?

We need more citizens like the one who took out the robbery suspect. Saved the cost of a trial.:mrgreen:

You thus joined a club on this forum with a few hundred members. based on his posting history, he actually is upset that an armed violent criminal was shot down by a good citizen with good aim

So is this just what Atlanta here does? Post a bunch of troll threads to piss people off?

So is this just what this guy does? Post a bunch of troll threads to piss people off?

Appears so and he left after the OP rather than stick around to defend the silly and racist nonsense he posted

Appears so and he left after the OP rather than stick around to defend the silly and racist nonsense he posted

Weird. He usually tends to argue for his moronic position for at least a little while. But maybe he's too busy crying right now.

A man carrying an evidently legal gun, shoots a knife wielding crook that had threatened to KILL the woman clerk, and you have a problem with that? Would you have felt better if the crook had actually slit the throat of the lady clerk and killed her as he threatened to do?

Also, how is it glorifying the guy that saved the woman's life to simply recognize that he did in fact save the woman's life? His name wasn't mentioned, nor was he pictured, nor has anyone done anything else to glorify the guy, so, I don't see it.

Then you ask who else he may have hit by firing the weapon. Sounds like he demonstrated what I call common sense and very reasonable "Gun Control."

WTF does race have to do with anything? You're assuming a hell of a lot. They could have both been of the same race, up to and including Native America. Why?

What about this gets you so upset? That the crook got shot? Do you feel that crooks should be allowed to do as they wish, which in this case included threatening murder, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, and just being an asshole. Now, being an asshole is not illegal, thank goodness for me and 99% of the people I've ever met. But, if a guy threatens murder, kidnaps a person, and assaults them, they have to understand that making choices like that will have consequences that they might find unhealthy for themselves, as this guy found out.

Seriously though, do you really sympathize with the crook here?

A man carrying an evidently legal gun, shoots a knife wielding crook that had threatened to KILL the woman clerk, and you have a problem with that? Would you have felt better if the crook had actually slit the throat of the lady clerk and killed her as he threatened to do?

Also, how is it glorifying the guy that saved the woman's life to simply recognize that he did in fact save the woman's life? His name wasn't mentioned, nor was he pictured, nor has anyone done anything else to glorify the guy, so, I don't see it.

Then you ask who else he may have hit by firing the weapon. Sounds like he demonstrated what I call common sense and very reasonable "Gun Control."

WTF does race have to do with anything? You're assuming a hell of a lot. They could have both been of the same race, up to and including Native America. Why?

What about this gets you so upset? That the crook got shot? Do you feel that crooks should be allowed to do as they wish, which in this case included threatening murder, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, and just being an asshole. Now, being an asshole is not illegal, thank goodness for me and 99% of the people I've ever met. But, if a guy threatens murder, kidnaps a person, and assaults them, they have to understand that making choices like that will have consequences that they might find unhealthy for themselves, as this guy found out.

Seriously though, do you really sympathize with the crook here?

Hey B, you need to stop being rational. The AtlantaAdonis clearly has little to no understanding of what that is.

This one ended nicely. Great, I get it.

But we don't live in an action movie, folks. More often than not some wannabe Clint Eastwood is going to maim or kill innocent people.

Do you guys really want to glorify citizen justice? You're going to have every Bubba and Jim Bob bringing their guns everywhere we go, and it won't just be robbers that will be safe, it'll be everyone.

Back
Top Bottom