• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rahm Emanuel Pays Property Taxes After Inquiry

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
Rahm Emanuel Pays Property Taxes After Inquiry - WBBM 780 - Chicago's #1 source for local news, traffic and weather

Strange how so many of these democrats fail to remember to pay their taxes or fail to pay them on time?

One wonders if being a democrat means this disease is catching.

Quote(Steve Miller Reporting
CHICAGO (WBBM) -- White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was three months behind on his property tax payments until Newsradio 780 brought it to his attention.. SEE THE TAX BILL FROM TREASURER'S WEBSITE

Rahm Emanuel and his wife accumulated a $445.56 penalty for the payment delay on their four-bedroom Ravenswood home. On March 2, when property taxes were due, Emanuel owed about $7400.

The White House responded to Newsradio 780's inquiry and issued this statement, "Rahm Emanuel has owned his home in Chicago for 11 years and has always paid his obligations promptly. He never received this particular bill, but today, the moment it was brought to his attention, he paid it in-full immediately."

Of course he did!

Link
Rahm Emanuel Pays Property Taxes After Inquiry - WBBM 780 - Chicago's #1 source for local news, traffic and weather

Strange how so many of these democrats fail to remember to pay their taxes or fail to pay them on time?

One wonders if being a democrat means this disease is catching.

Quote(Steve Miller Reporting
CHICAGO (WBBM) -- White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was three months behind on his property tax payments until Newsradio 780 brought it to his attention.. SEE THE TAX BILL FROM TREASURER'S WEBSITE

Rahm Emanuel and his wife accumulated a $445.56 penalty for the payment delay on their four-bedroom Ravenswood home. On March 2, when property taxes were due, Emanuel owed about $7400.

The White House responded to Newsradio 780's inquiry and issued this statement, "Rahm Emanuel has owned his home in Chicago for 11 years and has always paid his obligations promptly. He never received this particular bill, but today, the moment it was brought to his attention, he paid it in-full immediately."

Of course he did!

I'm gonna give this one a /Pass. **** happens, it wasn't much, and he paid it without balking. Ten bucks says he wrote the check and forgot to mail it.

Funny how so many Democrats seem to 'er you did say forget?'.
Don't you think?
No need to respond.

Funny how so many Democrats seem to 'er you did say forget?'.
Don't you think?
No need to respond.

They're all for taxing, they're just not for paying.

They're all for taxing, they're just not for paying.

Conveniently ignoring all the times where he paid on-time and in full. Didn't pay once? OMG IT MUST BE DELIBERATE TAX EVASION ARREST THAT MAN!!!

What, you never forgot to pay a bill?

Edit: ****! Speaking of bills! :rofl:

The guy paid his taxes on time every year that he lived in IL. Now that he lives in DC, he was three months late. I think we can safely say it's more of a "oh **** my bad" than a "muahahah my master plan to defraud IL out of $7400 will never be detected!"

The guy paid his taxes on time every year that he lived in IL. Now that he lives in DC, he was three months late. I think we can safely say it's more of a "oh **** my bad" than a "muahahah my master plan to defraud IL out of $7400 will never be detected!"

That's what I said. Stealin my opinions!!! damn you!

That's what I said. Stealin my opinions!!! damn you!

You right wingers always stick together...

Actually, I am probably more upset about this than you two. If you got a job in the government, you have to make sure you get these things done right. You simply do not want to give your opposition the ammunition. It probably was not intentional, but it was stupid.

So, let me get this straight... Someone brings an outstanding tax bill (3 Mos.) to the WH Chief of Staff's attention, he pays it + penalties immediately.

Good golly, Miss Molly... you far-righties are really scraping.

Be sure to let us know if thank you notes for birthday presents come late...

Big ****ing Deal.

/thread.

Back
Top Bottom