• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radio's The Woody Show's Redneck News is racist.

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Radio's The Woody Show's Redneck News featurette that's on every Friday is racist.
I wonder how it's allowed to continue?

Radio's The Woody Show's Redneck News featurette that's on every Friday is racist.

Making fun of rednecks is not racist. White people do not suffer systemic disadvantage. There is no social construct to white people's detriment. And, regardless of all that, it's not targeting all white people just a subgroup, so it's not even racially bigoted.

Stop calling everything racist. It's so snowflake and fake victim. If you absolutely must be a victim, at least pick something that exists.

Last edited:

Did you get your copy of the Alinsky book in your cereal?

Making fun of rednecks is not racist. White people do not suffer systemic disadvantage. There is no social construct to white people's detriment. And, regardless of all that, it's not targeting all white people just a subgroup, so it's not even racially bigoted.

Stop calling everything racist. It's so snowflake and fake victim. If you absolutely must be a victim, at least pick something that exists.

Guess this racism of white people is just one step to making white people second class citizens. That's how it started with the Jews and Nazi Germany. 'It's not racism even if it's racism because it's white people (and whites can't/shouldn't complain about racism).'

Besides, has there been any blacks or browns or yellows made fun of on the show? No. If blacks or browns (not so much certain yellows because they also have advantages that others don't according to progressives) were made fun of in this same fashion, progressives, like you, would be screaming racism at the top of your lungs.

So I call you a hypocrite. At least, the epitaph racism doesn't mean that much to me. It's been turned into a political insult by progressives...that and fascism. Read my signature.

Last edited:
Did you get your copy of the Alinsky book in your cereal?

You know I'm not radical liberal. I don't want to come near an Alinsky book. I'm pointing out one of the tactics of progressives is to make fun of, at least, whites' attempts to demand the same privileges as other, according to progressives, downtrodden races.

When whites attempt to gain the same privileges as, in the estimation of progressives, downtrodden races, they are retaliated against. Made to look like the bad guy. Like the counter demonstration of the Patriot Prayer rally in Portland. What's funny is the guys in the black shirts with the counter demonstrations are trying, desperately, to make everyone believe that only the right wing can be fascist.

All whites are doing is pointing out certain elements of American society are attempting to make the white race into a second class society.
Some morbid form of unconventional and informal retribution if you ask me.

Last edited:
You know I'm not radical liberal. I don't want to come near an Alinsky book.

Remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Total Recall"?

"Get ready for a surprise!!"

c344437514c773c4d4ecde726a2eb8630ebcf17a299122d8b602c0e02dff4680.jpg

Dick Armey of FreedomWorks was handing out copies of Alinsky's book to ALL his staff in the Tea Party days.
Trump's people use the Alinsky book all the time.

The reason the Left threw away the Alinsky book in the 70's is because all radicals eventually hit critical mass and one of several things happens:

1. Society ostracizes and marginalizes them and they become irrelevant - (See college campus social justice warriors)
2. They are finally invited to sit at the table and come up with focus, leadership, and ideas on how to actually GOVERN.

A primer for radicals isn't any help with that, it's only for getting attention and getting a foothold on power.
Once you HAVE the power, you better have some ideas on what to do with it!
You guys are using Alinsky's tactics and I am old enough to spot every last bit of it when I see it.

I'm pointing out one of the tactics of progressives is to make fun of, at least, whites' attempts to demand the same privileges as other, according to progressives, downtrodden races.

When whites attempt to gain the same privileges as, in the estimation of progressives, downtrodden races, they are retaliated against. Made to look like the bad guy. Like the counter demonstration of the Patriot Prayer rally in Portland. What's funny is the guys in the black shirts with the counter demonstrations are trying, desperately, to make everyone believe that only the right wing can be fascist.

All whites are doing is pointing out certain elements of American society are attempting to make the white race into a second class society.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that point because, sorry...I just don't see upper middle class white males getting made into second class citizens. What I see is a lot of people who are just sick of their ****, and they're saying so.
You might not believe it, but that's a phase, and unfortunately after a couple of centuries, we will have to go through that phase while everything settles and readjusts.

Same privileges as downtrodden races? I don't even know what that means. I don't see white people being DENIED privileges.

The demonstrations in Portland? I think we may have common ground on that but not where you might think:
I think those demonstrations are THEATER.
I am "anti fascist" but I refuse to join or support the American version of the "brand name" AntiFa group because they bear no resemblance to the REAL "antifa" groups in EU/UK back in the 30's.
They're just kids, anarchist kids who think it's cool "to fight Nazis". They don't know what it's like to actually have a WAR with Nazis that actually have official status as "the ARMY" (Third Reich) and one hopes that they never have to learn.

"Look, all we're saying is black people are bad."

Remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Total Recall"?

"Get ready for a surprise!!"

c344437514c773c4d4ecde726a2eb8630ebcf17a299122d8b602c0e02dff4680.jpg

Dick Armey of FreedomWorks was handing out copies of Alinsky's book to ALL his staff in the Tea Party days.
Trump's people use the Alinsky book all the time.

The reason the Left threw away the Alinsky book in the 70's is because all radicals eventually hit critical mass and one of several things happens:

1. Society ostracizes and marginalizes them and they become irrelevant - (See college campus social justice warriors)
2. They are finally invited to sit at the table and come up with focus, leadership, and ideas on how to actually GOVERN.

A primer for radicals isn't any help with that, it's only for getting attention and getting a foothold on power.
Once you HAVE the power, you better have some ideas on what to do with it!
You guys are using Alinsky's tactics and I am old enough to spot every last bit of it when I see it.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that point because, sorry...I just don't see upper middle class white males getting made into second class citizens. What I see is a lot of people who are just sick of their ****, and they're saying so.
You might not believe it, but that's a phase, and unfortunately after a couple of centuries, we will have to go through that phase while everything settles and readjusts.

Same privileges as downtrodden races? I don't even know what that means. I don't see white people being DENIED privileges.

The demonstrations in Portland? I think we may have common ground on that but not where you might think:
I think those demonstrations are THEATER.
I am "anti fascist" but I refuse to join or support the American version of the "brand name" AntiFa group because they bear no resemblance to the REAL "antifa" groups in EU/UK back in the 30's.
They're just kids, anarchist kids who think it's cool "to fight Nazis". They don't know what it's like to actually have a WAR with Nazis that actually have official status as "the ARMY" (Third Reich) and one hopes that they never have to learn.
To address the last of your post, the wearing of black by these anti-..whatever they are.. is significant. I think antifa is trying to emulate the black shirts of the Fasci in Mussolini's 1920's leftist government in Italy...The same brutal gov't from which Hitler borrowed so many techniques for Nazi Germany.

Antifa, ahem, and fascism are the same, IMO, making one wonder what or who antifa is really fighting against? You could read my signature for my opinion.

"Look, all we're saying is black people are bad."

That's not what we are saying. That's you imagining what whites are saying. What we are saying is racism is racism no matter the skin color or current status.
I understand much of your political ideology comes from perpetuating race (and class) warfare so this may be next to impossible for you to want to understand.

Last edited:
To address the last of your post, the wearing of black by these anti-..whatever they are.. is significant. I think antifa is trying to emulate the black shirts of the Fasci in Mussolini's 1920's leftist government in Italy...The same brutal gov't from which Hitler borrowed so many techniques for Nazi Germany.

Antifa, ahem, and fascism are the same, IMO, making one wonder what or who antifa is really fighting against? You could read my signature for my opinion.

Fascism is on the extreme right of the political spectrum, Communism is on the extreme left.
It would be more accurate to say that a lot of antifa might be Communist, or heavily influenced by the tenets of Communism.
Or would be, if they weren't more interested in being anarchists, but then again, even anarchy can be separated in Right and Left versions in many cases.

At best, some antifa behave like college campus social justice warriors, but that is explained by The Horseshoe Theory, which posits that the far Left and the far Right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, in fact eventually begin to closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe.
And that would make sense because it is easy to see how, if an extremist ideology were to go far enough, it would begin to resemble authoritarianism or totalitarianism.
There is Left wing authoritarianism and Right wing authoritarianism, so the observation that authoritarianism is blurring the Left or Right wing sensibilities together at the extreme ends is quite logical.

Campus social justice warriors are "failed liberals" because their failure is evident in that they are giving license to their own "inner" fascist, which of course is what makes them failed liberals to begin with. There's that Horseshoe Theory again :)

Historically, the Antifa trace their roots back to the ORIGINAL AntiFa of Europe, who began in the 1930's, as a backlash to Hitler's brownshirts and to the rise of fascist groups in Italy. After the collapse of Mussolini and the fall of the Third Reich, AntiFa rooted out pockets of unrepentant fascists.
The trouble is, these domestic groups here in the USA bear little or no resemblance to their forebears, if for no other reason than they have no personal historical frame of reference; they're mostly just kids who find a romantic attraction to street theater, to feel as if they are "part of something".

Fascism is on the extreme right of the political spectrum, Communism is on the extreme left.
It would be more accurate to say that a lot of antifa might be Communist, or heavily influenced by the tenets of Communism.
Or would be, if they weren't more interested in being anarchists, but then again, even anarchy can be separated in Right and Left versions in many cases.

At best, some antifa behave like college campus social justice warriors, but that is explained by The Horseshoe Theory, which posits that the far Left and the far Right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, in fact eventually begin to closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe.
And that would make sense because it is easy to see how, if an extremist ideology were to go far enough, it would begin to resemble authoritarianism or totalitarianism.
There is Left wing authoritarianism and Right wing authoritarianism, so the observation that authoritarianism is blurring the Left or Right wing sensibilities together at the extreme ends is quite logical.

Campus social justice warriors are "failed liberals" because their failure is evident in that they are giving license to their own "inner" fascist, which of course is what makes them failed liberals to begin with. There's that Horseshoe Theory again :)

Historically, the Antifa trace their roots back to the ORIGINAL AntiFa of Europe, who began in the 1930's, as a backlash to Hitler's brownshirts and to the rise of fascist groups in Italy. After the collapse of Mussolini and the fall of the Third Reich, AntiFa rooted out pockets of unrepentant fascists.
The trouble is, these domestic groups here in the USA bear little or no resemblance to their forebears, if for no other reason than they have no personal historical frame of reference; they're mostly just kids who find a romantic attraction to street theater, to feel as if they are "part of something".

The original fascists were from Mussolini's Fasci of the 1920s (that's why they're called fascists). Mussolini's government and it's blackshirts were leftist henchmen. Where did you guys get the claptrap that all fascists are on the right?

The original fascists were from Mussolini's Fasci of the 1920s (that's why they're called fascists). Mussolini's government and it's blackshirts were leftist henchmen. Where did you guys get the claptrap that all fascists are on the right?

See what I mean?

Congratulations. You successfully polluted my head with the dumbest thing I've heard this week.

Guess this racism of white people is just one step to making white people second class citizens. That's how it started with the Jews and Nazi Germany. <retardation snipped>

J...

F...

C...

:doh

See what I mean?

Oh, I get it. It's OK to be racist against races who deserve to be dehumanized.:lamo

Even though Jews are not a race, I think that's how Nazi Germany began their reign of terror. Nazi Germany dehumanized the Jews then exterminated them.

I stumbled upon this forum via google and chose this as my first thread to read.

Ha interesting at any rate. I agree we with the OP. I think the distinction should be made though that they should absolutely be allowed to say whatever they want about white people with no repercussions, if they choose to be racist that is their business and I can choose to not listen to it. That is a right everyone has and is protected by the constitution. The thing is if for instance, hypothetically you made a radio show called "the poor stupid black folks" where you made fun of uneducated low IQ blacks you would be jailed for hate speech. So obviously there is a disparity in response based on skin color, amongst other things, eg Sex, sexual orientation, even declared political affiliation.

So much like animal farm where some animals were more equal than others in America today some protected groups are more protected than others. The white and Asian ethnicity, the straight sex, and the Christian religion are not protected classes, and are therefore not equal to others. And that's the bottom line.

Also no offense to user checkerboard_strangler but the furthest possible right wing ideology is anarchy the furthest left leaning is fascism. I've never heard of this horseshoe theory before but it sounds like more evidence of historical revisionism to me. Like the myth that Democrats and Republicans "flipped".

So much like animal farm where some animals were more equal than others in America today some protected groups are more protected than others. The white and Asian ethnicity, the straight sex, and the Christian religion are not protected classes, and are therefore not equal to others. And that's the bottom line.

Laughably ignorant. Victim culture BS. Cry moar.

That's debatable. Lol.

Do you have anything else to bolster your response beyond bald assertions and mockery?

You know I'm not radical liberal. I don't want to come near an Alinsky book. I'm pointing out one of the tactics of progressives is to make fun of, at least, whites' attempts to demand the same privileges as other, according to progressives, downtrodden races.

Can you list the advantages minorities have over these downtrodden rednecks? You make it sound like they all would rather be minorities.

It's not racist... It's stereotype humor. It's non-southerners (who happen to be white) making fun of southerners... aka "rednecks".

Where I come from we call it "Comedy", not racist hate speech.

Oh, I get it. It's OK to be racist against races who deserve to be dehumanized.:lamo

Even though Jews are not a race, I think that's how Nazi Germany began their reign of terror. Nazi Germany dehumanized the Jews then exterminated them.

No, you don't get it, and I'm not getting paid enough to set you straight on your erroneous "Hitler was a liberal" weapons grade historic revisionism.

No, you don't get it, and I'm not getting paid enough to set you straight on your erroneous "Hitler was a liberal" weapons grade historic revisionism.

I'm not saying Hitler was a liberal but Hitler used many 'techniques to create compliance" that, for example, Mussolini and the communists used.

BTW, Hitler was a disciple of Mussolini. BTW, Mussolini was a leftist. Mussolini and his Fasci were the original fascists.

I get you have selected outrage and made-up political ideology.

Kids these days are so easily offended

Where do people find this stuff?

I believe it's on the radio, mainly because of the first word in the title of the thread. I could be wrong. All I know is that it isn't on my radio. My radio would never, ever play such things. My radio is moral.

Back
Top Bottom