• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radicals and radicalization cells in Western countries.

[]D e e v e s

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Aaron Yoon released by Mauritania | National Post

Any doubt that there are agents and cells that are working on converting the weak minded to Islam, (as story-link)and sending them off to trouble spots like Syria?

Shouldn't any citizen that serves another country or terrorist group lose their citizenship?

I certainly think so. I would also expect our governments to be monitoring suspected individuals tat are radicalizing our young people.

Any doubt that there are agents and cells that are working on converting the weak minded to Islam, (as story-link)and sending them off to trouble spots like Syria?

Shouldn't any citizen that serves another country or terrorist group lose their citizenship?

I certainly think so. I would also expect our governments to be monitoring suspected individuals tat are radicalizing our young people.

Almost certainly we have extremists here. With specific reference to Islamists, Muslim extremism transcends any border, and I have no doubt we have some frolicking around here taking advantage of our free and democratic society while plotting to destroy it.

Yet there are certainly those in denial with accusations of perceived 'Islamophobe" should the suggestion be mounted.
I cannot understand why when facts are in context, the apologists scream that all Muslims are being accused. Certainly there is free speech warranting and granting the right to use words like Islam or Muslim in context, in factual recounting, without being considered or denigrated as Islamophobe.
It seems P.C. has been extended to these 'I' and "M" as well as 'the "N" word.
When will this sanitizing of free speech stop. When will the apologizing for the factual usage of Islam or Muslim be reigned in by the media that seems to want to use euphemisms or vague references rather than telling us what is often patently obvious?

Not much. What's your point?

Nope.

Canada does. As a result, at least one innocent Canadian citizen wound up getting deported by the US to Syria, where he was tortured. Maher Arar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not to say that "the Canadian government should do nothing," more "be careful what you ask for."

Not much. What's your point?

Point being that many are in denial and others choose to attack the messengers.
But then you would of course know that.

Nope.

Good to know. I value citizenship for those that leave their baggage behind and are not just taking advantage of citizenship when convenient.

Canada does. As a result, at least one innocent Canadian citizen wound up getting deported by the US to Syria, where he was tortured. Maher Arar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not to say that "the Canadian government should do nothing," more "be careful what you ask for."

More, vet immigrants and refugees thoroughly. But certainly judgment should be justice, not knee jerk reaction.

Last edited:
I don't know the specifics of Canada's law enforcement actions, or public opinions. But yes, you don't want to target an entire community because of the actions of a small group within that community.

I seriously doubt that revoking citizenship for a dedicated terrorist will be much of a deterrent. There's also plenty of ways to foster native-born terrorists -- we are, after all, in the age of the Internet.

It may be convenient to blame immigrants, but that doesn't mean that cracking down on immigrants will truly solve any such issues.

I don't know the specifics of Canada's law enforcement actions, or public opinions. But yes, you don't want to target an entire community because of the actions of a small group within that community.

I seriously doubt that revoking citizenship for a dedicated terrorist will be much of a deterrent. There's also plenty of ways to foster native-born terrorists -- we are, after all, in the age of the Internet.

It may be convenient to blame immigrants, but that doesn't mean that cracking down on immigrants will truly solve any such issues.

Here we do not see the Muslim community as the issue as it is the Muslim community that tells our law enforcement about all planned plots. Though part of the issue is radical imams which should be deported immediately.

There is a Jihad camp very close to where I live actually. Been on national news several times.

There is a Jihad camp very close to where I live actually. Been on national news several times.
If you mean "Muslims in America" and "Hannity," they're suing the Christian Action Network for libel.

And that's exactly the kind of overheated inflammatory rhetoric that the terrorists actually want Westerners to engage in. Chapeau!

Doubt if you will, but they would have no rights as a citizen on return, wounded,on welfare or be able to sponsor others. They deserve no claim to citizenship or its benefits.

I'm certainly not blaming immigrants. I don't see why you focused on that. I'm referring to a citizen that leaves and fights, potentially against Canada or other NATO allies, then expects to be considered yet a Canuck. In such circumstance they should be denied re entry as a citizen.

If you mean "Muslims in America" and "Hannity," they're suing the Christian Action Network for libel.

And that's exactly the kind of overheated inflammatory rhetoric that the terrorists actually want Westerners to engage in. Chapeau!

I'm sure they are suing for "libel" they want you to think it is a lie.

No doubt. And I bet there are those, likely very few,in local mosques with agenda to radicalize those with minds that can be influenced. A recent published interview revealed a convert was now convinced the after life was "better anyhow." In other words, become a martyr.
Democracy lends itself to such activity while those states with theocracies or militancy rule monitor and crack down on at the first sign. Close the news(media) or the proselytizing...etc.

Back
Top Bottom