• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical Islam

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

I was flipping through the channels and landed on a Trump rally where he continuously used the term "radical Islam". I never understood what was so wrong in saying that and then it occurred to me that some might view it as calling all Islam radical. In my mind, and I think even in Trump's mind, he is not saying that, just that there are those who practice a radical form of Islam, just as there are those who practice a radical form Christianity, etc. Radical Islam just refers to the radical factions of Islam, not Islam as a whole. Thoughts?

Agree.

With so many nut job Muslims, you have to be vigilant. And they should be profiled to the nth degree.

Even if they are American Citizens?
Agree.

But with so many nut job Muslims, you have to be vigilant. And they should be profiled to the nth degree.

Probably the same reason nobody says "radical christian" terrorists, when referring to Nazis, the KKK, or the LRA.

More to the point, would you even be here asking why dont people use the term "radical christian" if the recent attack in Orlando was committed by a member of one those 3 groups?

Yes, I have a thought, or maybe a question.

I understand radical Islam. But what is a "radical Christian?" One who is really, really, really, excited about spreading the Word? :confused:

Probably the same reason nobody says "radical christian" terrorists, when referring to Nazis, the KKK, or the LRA.

More to the point, would you even be here asking why dont people use the term "radical christian" if the recent attack in Orlando was committed by a member of one those 3 groups?

Nice time to pull out that apology. Those people are dead and not from playing your word games.

Yes, I have a thought, or maybe a question.

I understand radical Islam. But what is a "radical Christian?" One who is really, really, really, excited about spreading the Word? :confused:

No...one who excerpts from the Old Testament to spread hatred.

Even if they are American Citizens?

Radical American muslims...yes! And we have plenty of them.

But then again.......we have plenty of other nut jobs who fall under another 300-400 self crusading agendas.

We need to be on guard for all of them.

Radical American muslims...yes! And we have plenty of them.

But then again.......we have plenty of other nut jobs who fall under another 300-400 self crusading agendas.

We need to be on guard for all of them.

Couldn't agree more. We need to watch all radical groups including suspected extremist Muslims (yes, even if they are citizens) up to the anti-government white guy militias and white supremeists (yes, even if they are citizens).

hmmm well Ive always thought when people say that, they mean the radical sin the group too BUT on avg that is poor wording. In general thats a common used term and most people probably assume it means the nut jobs only but it doesnt work with other words.

Radical blacks, woman etc
I guess to be clear it should be islamic radicals like i have heard christian radicals

reminds me of a Bill Burr skit about how people get in trouble all the time because of wording and you have to use the descriptor after the idenity and not before it LOL

1:50 mark

:alert WARNING VIDEO CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGE :alert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqq7O2HqTUk

But it wasn't. It was committed by a Muslim who is a bit over the top in his dislike of gays.

Time to find his associates and deport them all.

In fact our priest opened the mass with prayers for the victims.

Last edited:
Even if they are citizens?
But it wasn't. It was committed by a Muslim who is a bit over the top in his dislike of gays.

so your saying if he was a christian, you would have been fine with what he did?

Even if they are citizens?

Yes we naturalize but we don't revoke when they go rogue.

For example, we have lots of immigrant chop shops in California that steal cars and build "salvage" titles for resale, or parts for body shops. The cop bust them, they get a few weeks in jail at the most (non violent criminals get kicked out early) and they are out stealing cars and chopping them again. We should revoke their citizenship and kick the them the hell back to their home countries.

The Muslim was on the radar of the FBI. Zzzzzz. Now 50 people are dead. The FBI needs to advance the throttle and get to cracking. Keep the good ones, kick the bad ones.

We can't get out if our own way.

This one, and many others are American citizens, as in, born here. You realize that, right?
Yes we naturalize but we don't revoke when they go rogue.

For example, we have lots of immigrant chop shops in California that steal cars and build "salvage" titles for resale, or parts for body shops. The cop bust them, they get a few weeks in jail at the most (non violent criminals get kicked out early) and they are out stealing cars and chopping them again. We should revoke their citizenship and kick the them the hell back to their home countries.

The Muslim was on the radar of the FBI. Zzzzzz. Now 50 people are dead. The FBI needs to advance the throttle and get to cracking. Keep the good ones, kick the bad ones.

We can get out if our own way.

Nothing wrong with putting down Islamic radicals. The thing is, Trump must think that there are a lot more than they actually are, since he saw thousands of them celebrating the attack on the WTC.

I have no problem with vaporizing radicals who intend to kill us. But I am absolutely against painting all the Muslims with the sins of a few. The problem is the far right wingers and Trumpsters cannot see the difference. I think it is far worse for a class of Americans to lose any rights by our own hand, than anything they can do to us. But I think the Trumpsters are a step away from deporting citizens and interment camps.
Nothing wrong with putting down Islamic radicals. The thing is, Trump must think that there are a lot more than they actually are, since he saw thousands of them celebrating the attack on the WTC.

I have no problem with vaporizing radicals who intend to kill us. But I am absolutely against painting all the Muslims with the sins of a few. The problem is the far right wingers and Trumpsters cannot see the difference. I think it is far worse for a class of Americans to lose any rights by our own hand, than anything they can do to us. But I think the Trumpsters are a step away from deporting citizens and interment camps.

Exactly, and one of the goals of ISIS is to spark a war between Islam and the west. Guys like Trump are playing right into their hands.

Agree. Get 1.6 billion people and there will be a range of beliefs and actions by followers. Similar to Christianity which has 3 main divisions and 30,000 denominations many of which hate or disagree with each other. People should understand that talking about radical Islam has nothing to do with saying things about all Islam.

Exactly, and one of the goals of ISIS is to spark a war between Islam and the west. Guys like Trump are playing right into their hands.

But what exactly is it that the far right wingers and the Trumpsters want that paints all Muslims with the sins of a few? The only thing I can think of is banning all Muslims, including refugees, from entering the country. What they mean by this is not letting them in unless they are properly vetted and in the case of refugees, it is about impossible to vet them. We will be having terrorist attacks all across America on a regular basis if we let in one bad one for every one hundred good ones that come in. They just want to keep America safe and only let in the ones who can be properly vetted. There will be a bunch of Orlando's all over the country if we just let a bunch of Muslim refugees in without proper vetting.

Last edited:
What do the immigrants have to do with this? The guy who did this is just as American as me or you.
But what exactly is it that the far right wingers and the Trumpsters want that paints all Muslims with the sins of a few? The only thing I can think of is banning all Muslims, including refugees, from entering the country. What they mean by this is not letting them in unless they are properly vetted and in the case of refugees, it is about impossible to vet them. We will be having terrorist attacks all across America on a regular basis if we let in one bad one for every one hundred good ones that come in. They just want to keep America safe and only let in the ones who can be properly vetted. There will be a bunch of Orlando's all over the country if we just let Muslims in without proper vetting.

What do the immigrants have to do with this? The guy who did this is just as American as me or you.

I have to disagree that this guy was just as American as me or you. How many times have you been interviewed by the FBI on suspicion of radicalism? We need to not only watch our own suspicious citizens but we need to make sure we don't let in Muslim immigrants or refugees who feel the same as this guy. Sorry, but that is just the world we live in. If Canadians were out to get us then we should be suspicious of them, vet them well before letting them in, and, yes, maybe even build a wall up north. So far I have seen no evidence that there are any radical Canadians intent on killing us.

I don't think you understand. The guy that killed all those people last night wasn't let in, he was born here. He is an American citizen by birth. Being interviewed by the FBI for anything doesn't cost you your citizenship.
I have to disagree that this guy was just as American as me or you. How many times have you been interviewed by the FBI on suspicion of radicalism? We need to not only watch our own suspicious citizens but we need to make sure we don't let in Muslim immigrants or refugees who feel the same as this guy. Sorry, but that is just the world we live in. If Canadians were out to get us then we should be suspicious of them, vet them well before letting them in, and, yes, maybe even build a wall up north. So far I have seen no evidence that there are any radical Canadians intent on killing us.

Back
Top Bottom