• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical islam and Russia-double standards?

Dubrovnik

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Two months ago suicide bombers attacked in russian capital. Almost everyone blamed the attackers, blamed Dokku Umarov for using brainwashed women to commit these horrible attacks.

We haven't seen leftist and anti-globalist protesters waving chechen flags on the streets of european towns. I doubt many people know how chechen flag looks like.

There are some interesting issues in this situation. I remember, when israeli people were blown up, peple from ''the left'' were saying : it's ok, they deserved it.

Two years ago, China had problems with muslim Uyghur community, that ended in around 100 dead people. Again, not many people decided to boycott China like they boycott Israel.

We have ''dazed and confused'' situation. For many legftist people and even for some from the far-right , Russia, China and islamic countries are seen as ''goodies'' vs America and Israel which are ''baddies''.

Now, islam is in confrontation with Russia. Two goodies against each other.:shock:

Hypocrisy is their stock in trade. It's not been unknown for Communist Party flags to be flown at anti-BNP or National Front rallies.

One thought coming off the back of this is that Pakistan has 'banned' Facebook and Youtube - for the heinous crime of hosting material publicising the Draw Muhammad Day campaign.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0qA0QK8LsU"]YouTube- Pakistan bans YouTube, Facebook in crackdown on 'Draw Muhammad Day'[/nomedia]

Just listen to the Hitler-style ranting and the chilling baying of 'Allah Akbar' as flags are burned. No doubt some of our leftist posters, who like the idea of flag burning and rioting over things they don't like in the name of dogma, will feel a chord has been struck.

(As a matter of fact there's some good artwork done when Mo is drawn. Thinking back, I quite liked the cartoon I saw where the PR man tells him that Islam has much worse image problems than the 'bomb turban' cartoon!)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn48-igZkNY"]YouTube- May 20 -- Draw Mohammed Day: starring Mohammed[/nomedia] (Not sure I care for the canned laughter track, but the jokes are funny.)

If women are going to be arrested for as little as the teddy bear incident, I'm sure nobody will get into more trouble than they otherwise would over D. M. Day!

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how China would deal with an incident of Islamic terrorism on the scale of 9-11

I'm curious to see how China would deal with an incident of Islamic terrorism on the scale of 9-11

They would blow them to pieces, without any concern for UN sactions or human rights groups. Who are, BTW, very vocal when it comes to condemning american crimes or misdeeds.

You have to be more specific to who you are talking about other than "the left" for your statements to mean anything.

They would blow them to pieces, without any concern for UN sactions or human rights groups. Who are, BTW, very vocal when it comes to condemning american crimes or misdeeds.

Yeah, those are my thoughts pretty much. I think I actually just want to see someone do that period...if it happens to be China, bonus

Yeah, those are my thoughts pretty much. I think I actually just want to see someone do that period...if it happens to be China, bonus

You want a terrorist attack to hit China just so China can retaliate? You want innocent people to die, and if they're Chinese, it's a bonus?

I'm curious why you think it is necessary to show genocidal thoughts on a message board.

TheServantCharles

So you want people to die just because you want someone tor retaliate. You sir have become something you hate.

You want a terrorist attack to hit China just so China can retaliate? You want innocent people to die, and if they're Chinese, it's a bonus?

I'm curious why you think it is necessary to show genocidal thoughts on a message board.

Wow...yes, that's exactly what I said, please report me for genocidal thoughts, right this instant

TheServantCharles said:

Yes, that is what you said.

okay, so go report it, exactly as how you interpreted it.

No one has said anything about reporting except yourself. Similar attitudes got you reported at some other forum perhaps?

They just showed quite clearly what you said.

No one has said anything about reporting except yourself. Similar attitudes got you reported at some other forum perhaps?

They just showed quite clearly what you said.

nope, and you ever stop to think...that things can be read more than one way; just because whatever interpretation you take of something, doesn't mean it's the intended message?

Quite clearly, what I said, but how it can be interpreted to be what he said...that I see, but I don't agree with, as I wrote it and that is certainly not my intent.

Russians are not allowed to fight Islamic terrorism.

Is this a joke? Russians have been killing Chechens for 400 years under the guise of russification. The 'Chechen terrorism' today in Russia is more than deserved. Operation Lentil.

Is this a joke? Russians have been killing Chechens for 400 years under the guise of russification. The 'Chechen terrorism' today in Russia is more than deserved. Operation Lentil.

I understand. I do not disagree. Yet, it is hypocritical for Americans to say they can fight a war on terrorism, and yet, the Russians can not.

I understand. I do not disagree. Yet, it is hypocritical for Americans to say they can fight a war on terrorism, and yet, the Russians can not.

To my knowledge the U.S. doesn't have any operations even remotely comparable to those of Operation Lentil. If the Japanese were going around planting bombs in the U.S. - maybe I'd understand - even Native Americans. But to my knowledge the grudge radical Islam has against the U.S. is ideological for the most part. Not historical. At least not on the level that the one with Russia is or even the kind they should have with England and France.

To my knowledge the U.S. doesn't have any operations even remotely comparable to those of Operation Lentil. If the Japanese were going around planting bombs in the U.S. - maybe I'd understand - even Native Americans. But to my knowledge the grudge radical Islam has against the U.S. is ideological for the most part. Not historical. At least not on the level that the one with Russia is or even the kind they should have with England and France.

It is more political than it is ideological.

You hate Terrorist, and that is what you become when you want something to happen

when and where did I state I hate "Terrorist"?

So I become a "Terrorist" when I want something to happen?

In order to avoid being a "Terrorist" I must therefore want nothing to happen?

Not to mention the wide sweeping oppression in the Caucasus during the Cold War. Not to mention the invasion into Afghanistan, which was as clearly an act of imperialism as old European colonialism. Not to mention centuries of harrassing Persians/Iranians. Not to mention that they supplied Israel with the weapons that preserved them against the Arabs in 1948. For all of their blatant antagonizing and miseries placed upon Muslim people.......we are the "Great Satan." I guess that was the Russians saving Muslims in Bosnia and Kuwait.

Not to mention the wide sweeping oppression in the Caucasus during the Cold War. Not to mention the invasion into Afghanistan, which was as clearly an act of imperialism as old European colonialism. Not to mention centuries of harrassing Persians/Iranians. Not to mention that they supplied Israel with the weapons that preserved them against the Arabs in 1948. For all of their blatant antagonizing and miseries placed upon Muslim people.......we are the "Great Satan." I guess that was the Russians saving Muslims in Bosnia and Kuwait.

The Russians have never had troops stationing in Saudi Arabia, which is the main reason why Ben Laden wanted to attack the Americans.

Back
Top Bottom