• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical Feminists Walking Away From The Democrats

Just like what you just did?

Projected gaslighting.

So why are women getting sick of being too womanly/manly? Walking away from what made them be?

Pretty much, that's the point - "both parties to gravitate towards a fairly similar narrow band of policies..." In addition to that artificial right-skewing of politics, there's also the pollution paradox; filthy or otherwise negatively-impactful industries/companies most at risk of regulation curtailing their business model are most incentivized to spend money on politics if permitted, so politics becomes most skewed towards the worst kinds of business interests.

There is no "pollution paradox". Big corporations buying off politicians is just rational behavior. Both groups have something the other wants, so they trade and make deals. It is not a paradox, it is the reason why the progressive regulatory state is such a failure. The more regulatory power the government has, the bigger the market for political favors becomes, which means more corruption, reduced economic growth, and lower living standards for Americans.

Is that why all this 'CRT' nonsense was ignored and sidelined by conservatives? Why no-one ever says "They want to take your guns so they can control you"? Why there was never a 'national emergency' declared over pretty stock-standard rates of undocumented immigration? Why "defund the police" was such an insignificant blip in public consciousness? Why no-one believes that all white people are racist?

Radicalism might alienate the fence-sitters and 'independents,' and it's true that often long-time/establishment members of a party will lag behind or even distance themselves from the radical progressives/regressives/nationalists etc. But there's plenty of evidence that American political rhtetoric frequently - constantly even - tends towards hyperbolic shrillness on those various wedge issues, in some cases even to the point of affecting actual legislation (eg. bathroom laws or anti-'CRT' laws).

I think I misunderstood what you wrote before, but I agree an issue like teaching kids CRT energizes the Republican base. I was pointing out that progressive leftism also alienates normal Democratic voters. Some evidence is the recent failure of progressive propositions that couldn't enough votes even in California.

Just like what you just did?

Projected gaslighting.

So why are women getting sick of being too womanly/manly? Walking away from what made them be?
Do you understand why 'traditional' gender roles existed in most societies, and why biological differences not directly related to reproduction (eg. size and strength) exist?

Understand that, and you'll understand the trends which have been underway this past century or two.

If you're referring to his post where he says that I think they are going to vote republican, there's just one problem with that... He was wrong as I made clear on post #12 and post #18.

I'm speaking of post #5:

I'm sorry to be the one to inform you of this, but it's democratic voters who are making the switch to republican, not the other way around.

When it comes to those feminists, how can you blame them? The democrats have claimed to support women and women's rights, but are perfectly content to allow men to compete against women and destroy them in athletic competition. That isn't supporting women, it's degrading them.

Stop lying. I was a Republican since 1980 and I no longer support them thanks to Trump exposing their corruption. I will vote for Democrats now.

Stop lying. I was a Republican since 1980 and I no longer support them thanks to Trump exposing their corruption. I will vote for Democrats now.
Supporting the democrats definitely suits the person you've become. Only a leftist, democrat supporter would believe for a second that my statement was implying that nobody in the United States has switched from republican to democrat... While rational, unindoctrinated and common sense people understand perfectly It was comparing the overall numbers.

Supporting the democrats definitely suits the person you've become. Only a leftist, democrat supporter would believe for a second that my statement was implying that nobody in the United States has switched from republican to democrat... While rational, unindoctrinated and common sense people understand perfectly It was comparing the overall numbers.
I think most people in the world are quite shocked that there are any Republicans left after four years of Trump, the catastrophic denial/downplaying/lying response to Covid and the still-ongoing efforts to overthrow American democracy. As I suggested earlier, the two party system seems to inherently promote radicalism in certain areas for both parties, but in the case of Trumpism that radicalism became mainstream to a shocking extent.

There have been many people who have walked away from Dems AND Rep. Not breaking news.

3 women ???? Wow sooo many .........

The OP wants to ensure that we stay current. First it's 3 people, then there's 4. Could be a catastrophe.
What was interesting to me is that they said they felt 'politically homeless' so maybe they will just stay home as it didn't sound like an advantage for either party nor did they say they switched to independent

In politics, as of today, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat or an independent?

Party Affiliation as of Feb 2022

26% Republican
29% Democrats
42% Independents

Independents as of Feb 2022

Lean towards GOP 43%
Lean towards Dem 47%

In the beginning of March, she said she was a never-Trumper Republican. I doubt that was true either...

Seeing is believing, and everyone has seen this whether they are honest enough to admit it or not.

Your right. At the very least, everyone does know exactly how Republicans think. That's the problem with them. How they think.

In the beginning of March, she said she was a never-Trumper Republican. I doubt that was true either...
She in fact used to be a republican supporter and what I would call a moderate conservative. She was polite, level headed, civilized, was grounded in common sense and we were friends on this boards. Evidently Trump broke her because she has become more unreasonable and vitriolic then I ever imagined was possible and in no way resembles the person I used to know.

There have been many people who have walked away from Dems AND Rep. Not breaking news.

3 women ???? Wow sooo many .........
It isn't that they walked away from democrats, or how many in the video walked away from democrats, it's why those women walked away from democrats that should be concerning to the left.

True feminists (not the political feminists who only defend women when it's politically convenient) can not see the democrats support for biological men competing in women's sports, their support for them using women's locker rooms, and their supporting men being sent to women's prisons, as anything but a complete and total betrayal to them and all women. Feminists fought long and hard in the 60's, 70's and 80's for things like the establishment of women's sports in public schools and universities, and for legislation that would not only further protect the safety of women, but impose harsher sentences on men who committed sexual offenses as both punishment, and as a deterrent.

As I'm sure you know, democrats for a very long time have received more votes from women than republican have, but I think come the midterms and in the 2024 election that follows, we're going to see a pronounced shift in that demographic... Especially from mothers who are not going to be too keen on their daughters being forced to share locker rooms and restrooms with boys and grown men. I could be wrong about this, but common sense tells me I'm not.

Look, what was stupid was democrats capitulating to the trans movement and allowing men to call themselves women and shit all over women's accomplishments.

Do you think it’s kind of strange that Trump could usher in a movement of the republican party which no longer believed we should be fiscally conservative - and nobody cared? So he basically betrayed what I think I remember being your biggest issue for about a decade. Did you care?

Nah. you enlisted for the Trump Maga army day one. It’s amusing that you try to portray yourself as having some kind of consistent belief system other than “Libs are bad.” You don’t I’ve been here for 15 years and you don’t. Now an argument you could make would be only alt-right / far right Republican loyalists are that shamelessly hypocritical and I would give that one a think.

I wondered if radical feminists would stand up for women, or put politics first, and at least for this group of feminists, I have my answer.

As far as I'm concerned, this is another example of the left eating their own.

How come you do not mention this "fact" about the Republican Party?

More Than 100,000 Republicans Left the Party Since January, Registration Data Shows: Report

I too (as far as I am concerned), have this as an example of the right deserting their own.

She in fact used to be a republican supporter and what I would call a moderate conservative. She was polite, level headed, civilized, was grounded in common sense and we were friends on this boards. Evidently Trump broke her because she has become more unreasonable and vitriolic then I ever imagined was possible and in no way resembles the person I used to know.

Wow @trixare4kids. Your self-ownage once again was epic. Stop the idiotic posts and you won't look dumb.

@Grim17 I also called out liberals when I was a Republican. Constantly. That was "polite" but when I do it to you it's not?

I'm the same person you used to know. What you don't like now is that I call out the Trump supporters like I called out Obama supporters. You used to love it.

People pushing this 'gender is fluid' shit need to be hunted down and summarily executed on site.

Start with state college's

Whoa!! You think you're some kind of .... what, exactly?

I wondered if radical feminists would stand up for women, or put politics first, and at least for this group of feminists, I have my answer.

As far as I'm concerned, this is another example of the left eating their own.

Wow like 3 of them......

People pushing this 'gender is fluid' shit need to be hunted down and summarily executed on site.

Start with state college's

Very interesting how the righties on this thread didn't call this post out. Perhaps he said the quiet part out loud?

Back
Top Bottom