• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radical environmentalist pleads guilty to arson in Western fires

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A radical ecological activist who evaded capture for a decade pleaded guilty Thursday to conspiracy and arson for her role with an extremist ecoterrorism group believed responsible for setting 20 fires that burned $40 million of property across the West from 1996 to 2001.Rebecca Jeanette Rubin, 40, a Canadian citizen, faces a federal prison term of five to 7½ years when she's sentenced in January, according to a plea agreement entered in U.S. District Court in Portland, Ore.
As part of the plea deal, Rubin, a former wildlife researcher, agreed to provide information about other members of the ecoterrorism group with which she has been connected. It's called "the Family," and according to the FBI, it was an even more extreme faction of two radical environmentalist groups, the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front.
the deal, which has been in negotiations for months, she won't be compelled to identify others involved in crimes committed by the Family — which federal authorities have branded the most wanted domestic terrorist group in the U.S.

Radical environmentalist pleads guilty to arson in Western fires - U.S. News

Who says we don't negotiate with terrorists?

the Family — which federal authorities have branded the most wanted domestic terrorist group in the U.S.

hahaha

I'm a little confused as to why an environmental group thinks setting fire to ski resorts and horse corrals is somehow in line with their goals.

Like, is there some environmentally destructive aspect of ski lifts that I'm not aware of?

I'm a little confused as to why an environmental group thinks setting fire to ski resorts and horse corrals is somehow in line with their goals.

Like, is there some environmentally destructive aspect of ski lifts that I'm not aware of?

Agreed...They are a foolish bunch...Destroying private property is going to get you hated by everyone....It's really not a political thing.

Agreed...They are a foolish bunch...Destroying private property is going to get you hated by everyone....It's really not a political thing.

I suppose I shouldn't look for a crazy person's behavior to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom