• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Racists tend to be Pro-Bush?

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
OK this might offend some people but I'm trying my best not to generalize all that support Bush. I am finding that a good number of people who are for Bush are very racist. Sometimes when I debate with people in certain chatgroups and even video games, these people who are pro-bush will make some stupid racial comment that is mostly unintelligable. My Uncle and his family are very conservative and all very prejudiced. My mother still keeps in touch with them though my Dad refuses to ever talk to them. I go over there as little as possible. Everytime I do, they say so much stupid ****, making jokes about "milk duds" and ranting about "scum that washed up on our shores." and of course they are avid fans of Bush and also I am their direct opposite politically and I often can't help but debate with them about politics. I usually get my points across but, alas, I'm outnumbered. So anyways, I'm wondering why is this? Do you think that its just their close minded attitude or something else?

I voted for Bush, and I think the people that you describe need to learn how to be more respectful. However, just because you can point to people who happened to be racist and support Bush, it doesn't prove that any of Bush's actual policies are wrong. I've found plenty of liberals with racist attitudes.

Bush has been distancing himself from this kind of attitude. He makes it clear that he respects Islam and Muslims while prosecuting the war of terror. He's supported initiatives to allow more Mexicans to work in the US. He supports school choice which could end up putting more low-income minority families into mostly-white schools that fare better. Ask your family how they forgive Bush for doing these things given their attitude.

FinnMacCool said:
OK this might offend some people but I'm trying my best not to generalize all that support Bush. I am finding that a good number of people who are for Bush are very racist. Sometimes when I debate with people in certain chatgroups and even video games, these people who are pro-bush will make some stupid racial comment that is mostly unintelligable. My Uncle and his family are very conservative and all very prejudiced. My mother still keeps in touch with them though my Dad refuses to ever talk to them. I go over there as little as possible. Everytime I do, they say so much stupid ****, making jokes about "milk duds" and ranting about "scum that washed up on our shores." and of course they are avid fans of Bush and also I am their direct opposite politically and I often can't help but debate with them about politics. I usually get my points across but, alas, I'm outnumbered. So anyways, I'm wondering why is this? Do you think that its just their close minded attitude or something else?

Let's talk about the racist Democrats....shall we?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44019

MiamiFlorida said:

Hahah look who brought good ole Joseph Farah into this conversation. He doesn't hold any value, for he himself is a racist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Farah said:
His website advocates the killing of Arab Muslims and Christians and the unconditional support for Israel. His articles also include criticisms of Roman Catholics and Anglicans.

Joseph Farah has often advocated the killing of Muslims and Asians and the invasion of Asian countries, including Nuclear attack on Asian Cities. His controversial articles appear on his G2 Bulletin newsletter. Farah also an evangelical Christian, also has given extensive financial support to groups that bring to light persecution of Christians in Asian countries. This is sometimes contrary to the call he makes for the Nuclear destruction of Asian cities that also contain christian populations. Most recent articles have been attacks on Cindy Sheehan, Anti-war Protestor and notably Hillary Clinton. He also calls for the destruction of Mecca and Medina, and advocates for Nazi Concentration camps to kill Muslims in America

Your source is hereby null of any importance.

Arch Enemy said:
Hahah look who brought good ole Joseph Farah into this conversation. He doesn't hold any value, for he himself is a racist...

Your source is hereby null of any importance.

I'll take you at your word. Now, how about debating some of the points he made?

I sure will win I return.. I've gotta go get a hair cut right now.

My family thinks I'm a hippie.. who just so happens to be in a metal band...:rofl

Connecticutter said:
I voted for Bush, and I think the people that you describe need to learn how to be more respectful. However, just because you can point to people who happened to be racist and support Bush, it doesn't prove that any of Bush's actual policies are wrong. I've found plenty of liberals with racist attitudes.

Bush has been distancing himself from this kind of attitude. He makes it clear that he respects Islam and Muslims while prosecuting the war of terror. He's supported initiatives to allow more Mexicans to work in the US. He supports school choice which could end up putting more low-income minority families into mostly-white schools that fare better. Ask your family how they forgive Bush for doing these things given their attitude.

I think Bush understand what hes doing on this issue also... and I think he learned from his father. Didn't the '92 Republican Convention that re-nominated George HW Bush get a little on the racist side? If I recall correctly there was gay/black bashing??? Or something along those lines...

However, I am also a Bush supporter, but I do see alot of Conservatives (not necessarily Republicans though...) who can be a bit racist. My father, grandparents, and some aunt and uncles. I just think they see the whole tolerance thing as sort of "nit-picky." Its all too complicated, and I think the racism can be contribute to them despising political correctiveness.... But, perhaps I'm wrong..

KevinWan said:
I think Bush understand what hes doing on this issue also... and I think he learned from his father. Didn't the '92 Republican Convention that re-nominated George HW Bush get a little on the racist side? If I recall correctly there was gay/black bashing??? Or something along those lines...

However, I am also a Bush supporter, but I do see alot of Conservatives (not necessarily Republicans though...) who can be a bit racist. My father, grandparents, and some aunt and uncles. I just think they see the whole tolerance thing as sort of "nit-picky." Its all too complicated, and I think the racism can be contribute to them despising political correctiveness.... But, perhaps I'm wrong..

Franklin Roosevelt headed up and implemented one of the most horrible
racist policies of the 20th Century: the Japanese Internment Camps
during World War II. Roosevelt unilaterally and knowingly enacted
Japanese Internment through the use of presidential Executive Orders
9066 and 9102 during the early years of the war. These orders
single-handedly led to the imprisonment of an estimated 120,000 law
abiding Americans of Japanese ancestry, the overwhelming majority of
them natural born second and third generation American citizens.
Countless innocents lost their property, fortunes, and, in the case of
an unfortunate few, even their lives as a result of Roosevelt's
internment camps, camps that have been accurately described as America's
concentration camps.

Tell me anout Robert Byrd....William Fullbright (Clinton's mentor)..Smathers, Long, Thurmond...George Wallace, Lester Maddox...etc...

Do you remember that 40% of Democrats voted against the Civil Rights Acts vs 20% of Republicans?

Wouldn't you call Al Sharpton a racist?

No group has a monopoly on prejudice.

FinnMacCool said:

I've seen some pretty racist people on both sides of the spectrum. There is definitely a lot of anti-gay Bush supporters though. At the same time, there's a lot of the same stuff coming from people who voted for Kerry, and I'm seeing about the same amount of people on both sides that are racist in general.

I think the Republican party really needs to drop that anti-gay crap.

I resent that comment about close-minded attitude, I voted for Bush, but I'm not necessarily conservative on every issue. In fact, It seemed to me that there's a close-mindedness concerning a lot of liberals, where they take the given democratic candidates words like they are the word of god. I won't call it close-minded sorry, just gullible.

I voted for Bush because I thought Kerry was a weak candidate who would try as hard as he can to do nothing about everything (and he couldn't make up a decision about anything). Sure, people say he was an "intellectual" (look at his grades in college http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...ortray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student?mode=PF). And because his voting record showed him as being extremely anti-gun. Speaking of Anti-Gun, a lot of anti-gun legislation on cheap firearms is aimed right at minorities to prevent them from being armed. The first such bans were created right after the end of slavery, and were invented in the south. Some of the original older documents specifically recommend this purpose. If you look at the anti-gun chains on the internet, you can also pretty easily see the message they are projecting, that "A gun in the hands of a woman is a disaster" (In otherwords, they are saying that women shouldn't be allowed guns to further their anti-gun agenda) That seems to be against the Democrats general "Pro-equality" stance they supposedly try to maintain.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
You want us to accept your source as creditable when in the very same article he wrote:

A source doesn't have to credible for arguments to be valid.

I don't consider John Kerry a credible source.....yet, I will not invalidate all of his views just because he's John Kerry.

Debate the message....the messenger is unimportant.

Stupid Article by a Racist said:
When Senate Democrats successfully blocked three of President Bush's nominees for federal appeals-court judgeships in a 40-hour debate initiated by Republicans, Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., told reporters that he would continue to oppose any "Neanderthal that is nominated by the president for any federal court."

Ok, so Edward Kennedy thinks less of these 3 nominees... doesn't mean they're racist. If I call someone a "Neanderthal", no matter what the race is, it's not considered racist.. it'd be like me calling James Brown a "hobbit", I'd probably get the "Frown" but it's not being racist.

Kennedy had demonstrated his utter contempt for women in the past – for instance, by leaving a drowning woman and the scene of an accident. But it seems to me Kennedy was speaking in racist code language here. Could "Neanderthal" be the new "N" word he and his colleagues use to discuss minorities who are disloyal to their Democratic Party patrons and others who leave the "progressive plantation

Uhh.. Being sexist is totally different from being racist. Yes it's a bad thing, but it doesn't have anything to do with the topic of that article.
Neanderthal, the new "N" word? Hahah! There's no evidence that shows that Neanderthals were of colored. Calling someone a Neanderthal might hurt their self-esteem but it doesn't show any kind of racism.. hell, I'd love to be called a Neanderthal.

In one communication to Sen. Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, Estrada was singled out as "especially dangerous" because "he is Latino."

Notice the "TO", that means Sen. Durbin didn't say that Estrada was especially dangerous because he's latino. It means the DURBIN RECIEVED a memo saying that, from someone else..

So we're calling the Democratic Party as "racist" because of ONE PERSON and a MEMO? I don't have a soft-spot for the Democratic party, but that doesn't mean they're racist people.

Let us not forget that Bush doesn't speak in-front of the NAACP during his campaigns.. they somehow get over schedueled.

Arch Enemy said:
Ok, so Edward Kennedy thinks less of these 3 nominees... doesn't mean they're racist. If I call someone a "Neanderthal", no matter what the race is, it's not considered racist.. it'd be like me calling James Brown a "hobbit", I'd probably get the "Frown" but it's not being racist.

Uhh.. Being sexist is totally different from being racist. Yes it's a bad thing, but it doesn't have anything to do with the topic of that article.
Neanderthal, the new "N" word? Hahah! There's no evidence that shows that Neanderthals were of colored. Calling someone a Neanderthal might hurt their self-esteem but it doesn't show any kind of racism.. hell, I'd love to be called a Neanderthal.

Notice the "TO", that means Sen. Durbin didn't say that Estrada was especially dangerous because he's latino. It means the DURBIN RECIEVED a memo saying that, from someone else..

So we're calling the Democratic Party as "racist" because of ONE PERSON and a MEMO? I don't have a soft-spot for the Democratic party, but that doesn't mean they're racist people.

Let us not forget that Bush doesn't speak in-front of the NAACP during his campaigns.. they somehow get over schedueled.

I agree, I certainly don't think the Democratic party or the Republican party is all that racist...

When it comes to Bush and the NAACP... I believe he doesn't attend because when he once attended the member booed him, and didn't even give him a chance to speak. I could be wrong on that, however, I do know that the NAACP isn't all that fair... its almost ALWAYS a free-endorsement for the dems. Of course, this isn't ALL that wrong, considering blacks are heavily Democratic. But they seem to always push the Republicans aside and side with the dems...

But you shouldn't run from where you lack the support, you should go there to show them "you'll do whatever you can to win their support". Remember you don't achieve ANYTHING unless you meet some misfortunes.

Arch Enemy said:
But you shouldn't run from where you lack the support, you should go there to show them "you'll do whatever you can to win their support". Remember you don't achieve ANYTHING unless you meet some misfortunes.

Well obviously the President achieved something by not going... He did, afterall, WIN the re-election...

Just for the sake of debate (I know I'm gonna get egged here):

Speaking in the most general terms, white racist groups do tend to be more Republican or Libertarian and are generally condemned or disavowed by both groups. Certainly their support is not curried by GOP candidates or featured in campaigns.

Speaking in the most general terms, black racist groups tend to support Democrats and are rarely criticized, much less ignored or condemned.

I wonder which is more harmful? The racism that is overt, blatant, out there in the open for all to see? Or the racism that is wrapped in social welfare programs, victimization, and condescension all for the sake of generating voting blocks?

MiamiFlorida said:

Thats probably in the top ten stupidest thing I've ever read.

As for the NAACP, there as almost as racist as the KKK. Try being white and signing up or getting information from one of their booths. they basically treat you like pond scum. Not to mention going to high school and dealing with African American students who seem to want to take years of oppression out on me... sorry mates, i don't owe you s***.

Both sides are racist. Not everyone from those sides, but some are. The difference is how forward they are about it.

galenrox said:
I think it's a mistaken coorilation, I think it's less that most Bush supporters are racist, and moreso most white racists support Bush.
Then again non-white racists don't have too much to support here.

The Bush-supporter "racist" makes racial slurs from time to time and tends to steriotype and make too many generalizations. However, when it comes time to hiring an employee, I bet this good Republican would want to hire the best person for the job regardless of race. All in all, they are more insensitive than anything else.

Then there are the hard-core racists. Several white supremicists have posted on this board in the past few weeks. If you've noticed, they hate Bush more than liberals do.

AlbqOwl said:
Just for the sake of debate (I know I'm gonna get egged here):

Speaking in the most general terms, white racist groups do tend to be more Republican or Libertarian and are generally condemned or disavowed by both groups. Certainly their support is not curried by GOP candidates or featured in campaigns.

Speaking in the most general terms, black racist groups tend to support Democrats and are rarely criticized, much less ignored or condemned.

I wonder which is more harmful? The racism that is overt, blatant, out there in the open for all to see? Or the racism that is wrapped in social welfare programs, victimization, and condescension all for the sake of generating voting blocks?

Dude...you got the goods....

I'd rather be called "cracker white-meat honkey" to my face than to have them wait until I leave....

Minorities should feel the same way...

It's not BillyJoBob with the fresh tobacky stains on his shirt when he says, "What weese gotta do is get rid of them thar neegars" that minorities should worry about...

It's the ones that show up in a suit and tie and hide behind "safespeak"...

That is what the NAACPECPWDTLU does...

Keepstar1331 said:

As for the NAACP, there as almost as racist as the KKK. Try being white and signing up or getting information from one of their booths. they basically treat you like pond scum. Not to mention going to high school and dealing with African American students who seem to want to take years of oppression out on me... sorry mates, i don't owe you s***.

Both sides are racist. Not everyone from those sides, but some are. The difference is how forward they are about it.

Well, I can't answer for the person who wrote the piece because frankly I don't know who he is.

But having said that...... exactly.....what is it about that piece that qualifies it as one of the "ten stupidest" things you've ever read?

Keepstar1331 said:

Um I go to School with a majority of Blacks (yes I refuse to call them African Americans, unless they'll call me "Irish, Scottish, British, Viking-American") I don't have a problem with them at all, they do their "gang" thing and I'll do mine and we don't have problems. Yes, every once in a while theres a big gang fight, but other then that we're pretty much Neutral. I used to have a lot of Black friends but many of them are currently in jail, either that or have totally lost contact with the White world.

oi!

MiamiFlorida said:
Well, I can't answer for the person who wrote the piece because frankly I don't know who he is.

But having said that...... exactly.....what is it about that piece that qualifies it as one of the "ten stupidest" things you've ever read?

I believe Hypocritical pieces as such should be considered in the "top 10 stupidest" articles. It's like Hitler writing an article about "Why we shouldn't hate the Jewish Community" or Stalin writing "Why we should abolish Labor Camps".. it's pretty pathetic and stupid.. that's just my opinion.

Arch Enemy said:
I believe Hypocritical pieces as such should be considered in the "top 10 stupidest" articles. It's like Hitler writing an article about "Why we shouldn't hate the Jewish Community" or Stalin writing "Why we should abolish Labor Camps".. it's pretty pathetic and stupid.. that's just my opinion.

I think comparing this guy to Hitler is a little far-fetched.....and it still doesn't answer the question.

Let's forget who wrote the piece and debate each point on its merits or lack thereof.

I had made a friend with someone who was in a gang. I had started out by just tutoring him, but he was a really nice guy so we started hanging out. then somehow i got drug into this whole gang battle going on. My friend actually got punched once in the hallway just for sticking up for this kid to a member of another gang (right before the school cop got a knife pulled on him). Not to mention the fact that everyday at lunch i had to deal with the same group of African American girls who would push me aside and walk to the front of the lunch line, then threaten to beat me up if i said anything back. Sorry i like the way my face looks right now... I would not consider myself racist, one of my mentors in life was a African American teacher, but some of the stereotypes are true.

As for the article? His facts were just off. That was not racism but sexism. There were Neanderthals, unless years of biology have been wasted on me. And not that i adore durbin at all, but he impled he had written that note. Which he hadn't. I'm sure politcs get lots of racist/sexist/politically incorrect notes. That has nothing to do with his own views. I'm sure there were alternative motives for voting down those candidates.

Keepstar1331 said:
I had made a friend with someone who was in a gang. I had started out by just tutoring him, but he was a really nice guy so we started hanging out. then somehow i got drug into this whole gang battle going on. My friend actually got punched once in the hallway just for sticking up for this kid to a member of another gang (right before the school cop got a knife pulled on him). Not to mention the fact that everyday at lunch i had to deal with the same group of African American girls who would push me aside and walk to the front of the lunch line, then threaten to beat me up if i said anything back. Sorry i like the way my face looks right now... I would not consider myself racist, one of my mentors in life was a African American teacher, but some of the stereotypes are true.

As for the article? His facts were just off. That was not racism but sexism. There were Neanderthals, unless years of biology have been wasted on me. And not that i adore durbin at all, but he impled he had written that note. Which he hadn't. I'm sure politcs get lots of racist/sexist/politically incorrect notes. That has nothing to do with his own views. I'm sure there were alternative motives for voting down those candidates.

The article wasn't about Neanderthals...it was about Democrats.

Since you seem to keep avoiding the question, let's start again:

" many of the leading Democratic politicians in America are racist to the core."

Debate, please

On Affirmative Action: "It's a self-empowerment plan to keep minority votes on the new Democratic Party plantation by offering them special race privileges."

Debate, please

"It is rooted in a visceral feeling that minorities really aren't capable of achieving on their own."

Debate, please

"When Senate Democrats successfully blocked three of President Bush's nominees for federal appeals-court judgeships in a 40-hour debate initiated by Republicans, Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., told reporters that he would continue to oppose any "Neanderthal that is nominated by the president for any federal court."

Debate, please

"Kennedy was referring to men and woman like Miguel Estrada, a Hispanic, Texas Supreme Court Justice Priscilla Owen, a woman, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carolyn Kuhl, a woman, and California Supreme Court Justice Janice Rogers Brown, a black woman."

"Kennedy had demonstrated his utter contempt for women in the past – for instance, by leaving a drowning woman and the scene of an accident. But it seems to me Kennedy was speaking in racist code language here. Could "Neanderthal" be the new "N" word he and his colleagues use to discuss minorities who are disloyal to their Democratic Party patrons and others who leave the "progressive plantation"?"

Debate, please

"In one communication to Sen. Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, Estrada was singled out as "especially dangerous" because "he is Latino."

"It seems to me this memo and Kennedy's racist exhortations were proof positive that the Democratic Party has nothing but contempt for minorities who can think for themselves, who are ruled by their own consciences and who fail to pledge allegiance to the so-called "progressive" political agenda."

Debate, please

"What the Democrats like Durbin and Kennedy have managed to do is to immunize themselves against racism charges by currying favor with those hand-picked minorities who pledge absolute loyalty to their party."

Debate, please

So I don't get in hot water with the Moderators:

Source:
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE[/B]_ID=44019

Back
Top Bottom