• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racists & Misogynists Out in Force Because....Ghostbusters?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Nobody is worked up over who is playing the Ghostbusters. Nobody ever has been. This was just Sony's way of getting around the fact that they made a crappy movie. They can't say they made a bad movie so they can pretend the only reason people hate it is because of the casting. Nope. Crap movie. Nobody cares about the casting. With the worst reviewed trailer ever, as far as I know, this thing is going to fail, bad.

Wtf?

No wonder I believe Black people and women have it rougher than us white men.

Leslie Jones says she's in 'personal hell' after barrage of racist, abusive tweets - LA Times

How misogyny impacted 'Ghostbusters' opening weekend — and its future - LA Times

When you get this worked up over who is playing the Ghostbusters, you clearly need to get a life. Sheesh, are these guys all living in their mamma's basement?

LOL, People did not hate the Ghostbusters trailer because it was a all-female cast. People hated it because the trailers were absolute dog****, and the movie looked like crap.

Nobody is worked up over who is playing the Ghostbusters. Nobody ever has been. This was just Sony's way of getting around the fact that they made a crappy movie. They can't say they made a bad movie so they can pretend the only reason people hate it is because of the casting. Nope. Crap movie. Nobody cares about the casting. With the worst reviewed trailer ever, as far as I know, this thing is going to fail, bad.

It is more than that, it is also the blowback one gets by trying to make a big play on a fad but doing it poorly. The fad here is "up with women".

Wtf?

Leslie Jones says she's in 'personal hell' after barrage of racist, abusive tweets - LA Times

How misogyny impacted 'Ghostbusters' opening weekend — and its future - LA Times

When you get this worked up over who is playing the Ghostbusters, you clearly need to get a life. Sheesh, are these guys all living in their mamma's basement?

**** the new Ghostbusters. It was made in the 80's, made well, and there was no need to remake it. The remake, like most remakes of awesome 80's and 90's movies, is crap. It's not because it's all women, it's because it is crap. Hollywood is out of ideas and is just trying to pander things we already bought the first time around because they can't come up with any better ideas on their own.

LOL, People did not hate the Ghostbusters trailer because it was a all-female cast. People hated it because the trailers were absolute dog****, and the movie looked like crap.

The tweets and comments described in the two posted articles are not about a dog**** movie. They are a bit more...uh, personal than that.

**** the new Ghostbusters. It was made in the 80's, made well, and there was no need to remake it. The remake, like most remakes of awesome 80's and 90's movies, is crap. It's not because it's all women, it's because it is crap. Hollywood is out of ideas and is just trying to pander things we already bought the first time around because they can't come up with any better ideas on their own.
You don't think you maybe care a bit to much about the sanctity of the the original Ghostbusters movie? :roll:

Hollywood remakes flicks all the time. What's so special about this dumb movie that gets the immature males all excited over the remake, such that they tweet rants about the new stars being bitches and N-words?

The tweets described in the two articles go a bit beyond people not liking the movie. Nice head in the sand act though....Oscar Worthy.

It is more than that, it is also the blowback one gets by trying to make a big play on a fad but doing it poorly. The fad here is "up with women".

I don't want to say that Paul Feig made a sexist movie because I can't read minds and I don't know his motivations, but he is clearly part of the new Hollywood, which doesn't make good movies with good actors and good stories, they make politically-motivated films designed to cater to the regressive left. You don't go looking for the best person to fill a role regardless of skin color or gender or sexual orientation, you have to check off all of the "diversity" boxes so people don't get mad at you. People on the left don't go to see movies for entertainment anymore, they go as a political statement. That's what Feig and Sony have turned Ghostbusters into because they sure didn't make a good movie.

Wtf?

You never know who the audience is, is paying the bill nor which skin she has in it.

The tweets described in the two articles go a bit beyond people not liking the movie. Nice head in the sand act though....Oscar Worthy.

This is the Internet and I'll let you in on a little secret.... there are TROLLS on the Internet. But Sony, seeing what a horrible reaction people were having to their trailer, went through and deleted all posts critical of their trailer EXCEPT THE TROLLS so they could point to it and scream misogyny. The overwhelming majority of comments weren't trolls, they were quite clear why they hated the trailer, because it sucked.

The tweets and comments described in the two posted articles are not about a dog**** movie. They are a bit more...uh, personal than that.

Cherrypicked comments and tweets. Anybody can do that
And there is always going to be a minority of morons who say stupid **** like that, regardless of how good or bad this movie was.

If you take a look at the bigger picture, the majority of people disliked the new Ghostbusters movie because it looked terrible and was plain unfunny, not because it had a female cast, and not because Leslie Jones was black. And apparently, according to a bunch of reviewers I've watched, it was a pretty terrible movie.

Last edited:
There is always going to be a minority of morons who say stupid **** like that, regardless of how good or bad this movie was.

If you take a look at the bigger picture, the majority of people disliked the new Ghostbusters movie because it looked terrible and was plain unfunny, not because it had a female cast, and not because Leslie Jones was black. And apparently, according to a bunch of reviewers I've watched, it was a pretty terrible movie.

Well, of course it was a stupid movie---it was called Ghostbusters. The first one was as well. I guess, that's what throws me. All these supposed adults up in arms because someone remade a ****ty movie with an even ****tier one.

Wtf?

It's two different issues at play.

Sony did the misogyny thing to cover for their **** movie.
It helped rally tumblr bloggers to advertise their crappy movie to boot.
Why was Sony doing this, because the fans found out by the Sony email hack, what **** stains the movie industry is.
They attempted or were planning on suing Bill Murray, unless he cameo'd.
It's all documented, but regular people usually don't dig that much.

Leslie Jones responded to trolls, whether or not they're really racist/sexist.
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
She failed and fed them.

You don't think you maybe care a bit to much about the sanctity of the the original Ghostbusters movie? :roll:

I care about the sanctity of all the 80's and 90's treasures. They remade Red Dawn...crap. Every time they try to remake something from the 80's and 90's, it's crap. Hollywood 2016 cannot live up to Hollywood 80-90. they do not have the imagination or the balls to go out, trying new things, and making awesome movies. They're remaking Big Trouble in Little China with Duane Johnson. Now I love The Rock, I've seen almost all of his movies (almost), but I will not pay money to see his reboot. Kurt Russel already did it perfectly, there's no need for a reboot.

What's next? Roadhouse? Coming to America? Lethal Weapon? Alien?

All remakes are crap and should be boycotted. If they really want to reboot something, just re-release the original to the theaters. Modern Hollywood cannot compete with Hollywood from the 80's and 90's, and they should stop trying.

I care about the sanctity of all the 80's and 90's treasures. They remade Red Dawn...crap. Every time they try to remake something from the 80's and 90's, it's crap. Hollywood 2016 cannot live up to Hollywood 80-90. they do not have the imagination or the balls to go out, trying new things, and making awesome movies. They're remaking Big Trouble in Little China with Duane Johnson. Now I love The Rock, I've seen almost all of his movies (almost), but I will not pay money to see his reboot. Kurt Russel already did it perfectly, there's no need for a reboot.

What's next? Roadhouse? Coming to America? Lethal Weapon? Alien?

All remakes are crap and should be boycotted. If they really want to reboot something, just re-release the original to the theaters. Modern Hollywood cannot compete with Hollywood from the 80's and 90's, and they should stop trying.

Ghostbusters is a treasure? :rofl:

I don't want to say that Paul Feig made a sexist movie because I can't read minds and I don't know his motivations, but he is clearly part of the new Hollywood, which doesn't make good movies with good actors and good stories, they make politically-motivated films designed to cater to the regressive left. You don't go looking for the best person to fill a role regardless of skin color or gender or sexual orientation, you have to check off all of the "diversity" boxes so people don't get mad at you. People on the left don't go to see movies for entertainment anymore, they go as a political statement. That's what Feig and Sony have turned Ghostbusters into because they sure didn't make a good movie.

THere is some truth to that, and it is like how some of these people dont eat food because they like it, they eat it as a political statement. You have to claim to like it though. In this case both the creators and the consumers get to walk away feeling good about themselves because the politics of this movie are "right", and get to brag that they were part of it, and you can be sure that they will try to avoid admitting to the presence of suckage because that would be a buzz-kill.

It is not all lefties, but too many. THese people are super annoying to be around, AVOID.

Ghostbusters is a treasure? :rofl:

The original Ghostbusters is f'n awesome. Treasure indeed! Right up there with Caddyshack (not Caddyshack II, that movie was horrible).

Well, of course it was a stupid movie---it was called Ghostbusters. The first one was as well. I guess, that's what throws me. All these supposed adults up in arms because someone remade a ****ty movie with an even ****tier one.

You know people of all ages have interests right? And many people don't like it when classic movies are remade or rebooted, because most of the time (and especially in the case of this one) it ends up being terrible.

Wtf?

Didn't the original ghostbusters have 3 white guys,ad a black guy as the main characters? So why would die hard fans comment on there being a black person in the movie? I could be wrong but Ernie Hudson is black.

Wtf?

The movie simply looks bad. McCarthy is the fat one right? Cant stand her. Boring over the top. Not funny. Also dont lime remakes of classics unless they nail it which most dont. Red Dawn and Point Break both sucked. You dont redo Ghostbusters... make a sequel. Thomas Crown Affair might be the only remake better than the original.

The original Ghostbusters is f'n awesome. Treasure indeed! Right up there with Caddyshack (not Caddyshack II, that movie was horrible).

I guess we have different views of what makes a good 80's movie. I guess I lean more toward Apocalypse Now and Body Heat, or if I go for something less heady it would be films like Rain Man and Tootsie. Either way, if someone remade those flicks, butchered the crap out of them and featured Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, I certainly would not get all worked up over it. But, hey---I'm not exactly chasing a Pokemon either. So...

I have no idea and probably wont go see it but the critics I heard said it was pretty good. ???

Back
Top Bottom