• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racist white liberals...[W:338]

US Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Like Steve Colbert...have recently made racist remarks of Asians, and I think the response from Asian groups are absolutely spot on...I dont care to post the tweet, but it can be found here... Racist ‘joke’ has people calling for Comedy Central to #CancelColbert; Update: Tweet deleted | Twitchy

The reply however, was striking...

The problem isn’t that we can’t take a joke. The problem is that white comedians and their fans believe they are above reproach...
If comedians want to protest the racist name of the Redskins football team and to ban racist mascots, as the comedian’s defenders claim is his goal, there are a variety of ways to organize and to highlight this issue. But this isn’t about white liberals wanting to change the name, or their devotion to destroying settler-colonialism: It’s about their feeling entitled to make jokes about “The Other” in the name of “progress.” This does nothing to alleviate the burden of people of color; it simply perpetuates a part of the entertainment industry in which our marginalization remains profitable.

These white liberals are not mad that we pointed out racism, they are mad that they now have to consider the ways in which they may be racist.The logic of those who argue “Get Over It” is set up to privilege reckless behavior by placing the blame on the audience. But if the joke isn’t actually racist, then why have so many racist slurs been hurled at those of us promoting #CancelColbert? The outrage surrounding our criticism is about white liberals feeling entitled to engage in hate speech under the guise of “satire.” These white liberals are not mad that we pointed out racism, they are mad that they now have to consider the ways in which they may be racist.
On Stephen Colbert: Suey Park Explains Her #CancelColbert Campaign - TIME

We know many liberals support racist laws like race based preferences and affirmative action, but leftists also feel justified in using racist remarks against others IF it suits their narrative. I suspect Steve Colbert will ride out the storm, but it might make him and other liberals a little more reluctant to judge people based on skin color.

Black people can't be racist because they're a minority.

Yup, Ive heard that defense before.

You agree racism is a social construct, right?
You agree, as a social construct, the context must be social and not individual, right?
If the context is social, and not individual, then being in the minority disqualifies someone from being racist. They can be racial bigots, and individually that's just as bad. But it's not as bad socially, and that's what we're really concerned with when discussing social constructs.

This Asian didn't have one problem with what Colbert said. It's a ****ing joke. Black comedians make racist jokes. White comedians make racist jokes. ****, Asian comedians make racist jokes, especially about themselves or their own race. The outrage against Colbert was mostly express by people who failed to understand the context of the tweet. This is all much ado about nothing.

And before you start giving an uninformed rant about affirmative action please educate yourself on what it is and what it isn't.

Last edited:
We know many liberals support racist laws

Let`s talk more about that....

20000119edhan-a.gif

Now.. Who was it who pushed the civil rights bill in the US? Abolished Apartheit in South Africa? Abolished colonialism in various European countries?

like race based preferences and affirmative action,

Isn`t racism.

but leftists also feel justified in using racist remarks against others IF it suits their narrative.

No. I simply feel entitled to my right to offend others, especialy those with the stick of political correctness up their hind.

I suspect Steve Colbert will ride out the storm, but it might make him and other liberals a little more reluctant to judge people based on skin color.

Are you from Mississipi?

Like Steve Colbert...have recently made racist remarks of Asians, and I think the response from Asian groups are absolutely spot on...I dont care to post the tweet, but it can be found here... Racist ‘joke’ has people calling for Comedy Central to #CancelColbert; Update: Tweet deleted | Twitchy

The reply however, was striking...

We know many liberals support racist laws like race based preferences and affirmative action, but leftists also feel justified in using racist remarks against others IF it suits their narrative. I suspect Steve Colbert will ride out the storm, but it might make him and other liberals a little more reluctant to judge people based on skin color.

My biggest gripe with liberals is the PC BS that seems to let the "oppressed" be racist. A black woman sicks her pit bulls on a white news reporter, shouts a racial epitaph, and it's suddenly me who is a racist for pointing it out.

Imagine the outcry if this was a white woman sicking her German Shepherds on a black news reporter while calling her a nigger. Frigging Sharpton would have had a stroke.

Number of people Stephen Colbert "judged based on skin color" = zero.

Another example is Chris Christie. Ever since he's been in trouble, the HuffPo has gotten off with tying him to the Soprano stereotype. I swear every "breaking news" headline regarding the governor is Capo-this or Don-that. It's a little embarrassing, actually.

"Capo" ref second item down below the Putin headline.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

You agree racism is a social construct, right?
You agree, as a social construct, the context must be social and not individual, right?
If the context is social, and not individual, then being in the minority disqualifies someone from being racist. They can be racial bigots, and individually that's just as bad. But it's not as bad socially, and that's what we're really concerned with when discussing social constructs.

The term "racist" can mean different things to different people. Shoot, to some, Rick Perry using the term "black cloud" or a Hallmark card saying something about black holes (because it might actually be saying black hoes) is racist. We get it. You think only whites are capable of racism and it the only type worthy of criticism but not everybody agrees.

Another example is Chris Christie. Ever since he's been in trouble, the HuffPo has gotten off with tying him to the Soprano stereotype. I swear every "breaking news" headline regarding the governor is Capo-this or Don-that. It's a little embarrassing, actually.

Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post

What do you care?

The term "racist" can mean different things to different people.

Racism examined in a sociological context, as it is -in fact- a social construct, is factually and objectively superior to viewing it as an individual prejudice and thereby ignoring the accompanying social context.

Intellectually, there is no argument.

Let`s talk more about that....

20000119edhan-a.gif

Now.. Who was it who pushed the civil rights bill in the US? Abolished Apartheit in South Africa? Abolished colonialism in various European countries?

Isn`t racism.

No. I simply feel entitled to my right to offend others, especialy those with the stick of political correctness up their hind.

Are you from Mississipi?

Im sorry, but affirmative action discriminates against people based on skin color. Now, you may think its justified, or that it is social engineering solution, but that doesn't change what it is.

This Asian didn't have one problem with what Colbert said. It's a ****ing joke. Black comedians make racist jokes. White comedians make racist jokes. ****, Asian comedians make racist jokes, especially about themselves or their own race. The outrage against Colbert was mostly express by people who failed to understand the context of the tweet. This is all much ado about nothing.

And before you start giving an uninformed rant about affirmative action please educate yourself on what it is and what it isn't.

And there were many other Asians who had a problem with it. In either case, nothing justified the nasty response from Colbert supporters, can we agree on this?

My biggest gripe with liberals is the PC BS that seems to let the "oppressed" be racist. A black woman sicks her pit bulls on a white news reporter, shouts a racial epitaph, and it's suddenly me who is a racist for pointing it out.

Imagine the outcry if this was a white woman sicking her German Shepherds on a black news reporter while calling her a nigger. Frigging Sharpton would have had a stroke.

Of course this is a double standard, but the left is fine with this if it fits their narrative.

Im sorry, but affirmative action discriminates against people based on skin color. Now, you may think its justified, or that it is social engineering solution, but that doesn't change what it is.

Affirmative action is "leveling the playing filed" to fight institutional racism. It is not racist; it combats it. Intelligent people understand this.

Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post

That is unacceptable.

Of course this is a double standard, but the left is fine with this if it fits their narrative.
The Left runs from reality just like the goofball with the pit bull on her high heels runs for safety.

The Right fails to see that the entire nightmare is our doing, not that of the fat black woman.

Affirmative action is "leveling the playing filed" to fight institutional racism. It is not racist; it combats it. Intelligent people understand this.

Leveling the playing field is another way of saying you support govt based racial quotas. Its an excuse.

No, affirmative action is an attempt to discriminate against some to "assist" other ethnicities under the guise that two wrongs make a right, and that they couldn't get there otherwise.

Life does not exist in a vacuum-those college positions given to some because of skin color came at the exclusion of others who were meritorious.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why do you disagree with this?

Affirmative action is "leveling the playing filed" to fight institutional racism. It is not racist; it combats it.

Through diversity, yes. A school is enriched by diversity, ethnically, economically and otherwise.

The Left runs from reality just like the goofball with the pit bull on her high heels runs for safety.

The Right fails to see that the entire nightmare is our doing, not that of the fat black woman.

I tend to think that individuals are responsible for their actions, do you?

Back
Top Bottom