• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racist, or not racist... You be the judge[W:79]

See Post #1

• Yes, that makes Mr. Smith racist.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here's the scenario:

With no substantiation, Mr. Smith who is of race "x", says that racial bias motivated/influenced the actions of Mr. Johnson, who is of race "z".

Question: Does that make Mr. Smith and/or what he said, racist?

a) Yes, that makes what Mr. Smith said racist.
b) Yes, that makes Mr. Smith racist.
c) Yes, that makes both Mr. Smith and what he said Racist.
d) No, that does not make Mr. Smith or what he said racist.

Re: Racist, or not racist... You be the judge

not enough information.

Here's the scenario:

With no substantiation, Mr. Smith who is of race "x", says that racial bias motivated/influenced the actions of Mr. Johnson, who is of race "z".

It makes Trump an azz and reinforces the perception he is unfit to walk my dog let alone occupy the White House.

Last edited:

It makes Trump as azz and reinforces the perception he is unfit to walk my dog let alone occupy the White House.

Phew, I thought I was the only one who saw this as Grim17's effort to defend Trump's latest racist comment.

It makes Trump as azz and reinforces the perception he is unfit to walk my dog let alone occupy the White House.

The question is generic, and applies to no specific instance.

At the least, determining if that statement is racist needs no more information, since the particular race of each is irrelevant.

Here's the scenario:

Don't care if it is racism, it is stupid. I try to avoid calling people racist though.

Phew, I thought I was the only one who saw this as Grim17's effort to defend Trump's latest racist comment.

Trump is a kook in my book, and I do not support or endorse him.

It's a generic question that thus far, nobody who has replied has bothered to answer.

There is only one reason why a person would not answer that question, and that would be because they embrace a definition of racism that applies differently based on the political ideology of the person who said it.

Honest person - Answers the question.
Political motivated person - Won't answer the question.

Here's the scenario:

I agree not enough information. I would need to know what prompted Smith's statement. It might or might not be a racist statement depending on the context.

Don't care if it is racism, it is stupid. I try to avoid calling people racist though.

You don't have to care if it's racism, to voice your opinion.

I agree not enough information. I would need to know what prompted Smith's statement. It might or might not be a racist statement depending on the context.

Actually, no you wouldn't.

The dictionary is very clear on what constitutes racism. All you need to do is determine if any of those definitions fit.

In the scenario I created, neither person has proclaimed to be a racist, they are just 2 random people. I agree that determining if MR. Smith is a racist would be quite impossible in my view, but the same isn't true of his statement.

The question is generic, and applies to no specific instance.

Yea right. No specific instance.

At the least, determining if that statement is racist needs no more information, since the particular race of each is irrelevant.

I didn't say he was racist nor did I request additional information. I don't even think Trump is a racist. He's an opportunist with an egotistical, paranoid disposition that allows him to say any stupid shiit that pops into his orange head.

I didn't say he was racist nor did I request additional information. I don't even think Trump is a racist. He's an opportunist with an egotistical, paranoid disposition that allows him to say any stupid shiit that pops into his orange head.

As I said, this is a generic question.

Do you believe the question is racist? If so, check answer 1... If you think the question is not racist, then check answer 4.

Do you believe the question is racist? If so, check answer 1... If you think the question is not racist, then check answer 4.

What box do I check if I think Trump is a prima donna?

No that does not necessarily make someone a racist. The R word is thrown about way too easily these days.

You don't have to care if it's racism, to voice your opinion.

You miss my point. Whether it is racist or not is irrelevant. The comment is stupid because it makes assumptions based on race. Racist, racial, bigoted, take your pick, but which it is does not change how stupid the comment is.

No, unless if Mr Johnson is not white and Mr Smith is white. Then any criticism of Mr. Johnson's actions must be racism because only white folks can be racist. BTW, who decides if the criticism is unsubstantiated? ;)

Here's the scenario:

Of course not.
Racism means you believe one race is superior (or inferior) to another or to all others.
Why is this even a problem? Merriam-Webster is online and everyone knows how to spell Google.

Trump is a kook in my book, and I do not support or endorse him.

It's a generic question that thus far, nobody who has replied has bothered to answer.

There is only one reason why a person would not answer that question, and that would be because they embrace a definition of racism that applies differently based on the political ideology of the person who said it.

Honest person - Answers the question.
Political motivated person - Won't answer the questio
n.

No information- just a one liner, and an honest person cannot answer. No info. Did I mention that already, no info. Really, what a waste of bandwidth.
How much thought did you put into this?
Never mind.

I don't think he is a racist either, so thanks for at least being honest about it. He does say things that a typical politician wouldn't. An opportunist, yes but so is his rival - HROD who is about as fake as they come.

No that does not necessarily make someone a racist. The R word is thrown about way too easily these days.

Then check the 4th answer in the poll.

You miss my point. Whether it is racist or not is irrelevant. The comment is stupid because it makes assumptions based on race. Racist, racial, bigoted, take your pick, but which it is does not change how stupid the comment is.

I agree 100% that making such a comment with no evidence what so ever to substantiate it, is among other things, stupid.

That aside, my question is, does such a comment qualify as "racist"?

I agree 100% that making such a comment with no evidence what so ever to substantiate it, is among other things, stupid.

That aside, my question is, does such a comment qualify as "racist"?

And my answer is that it does not matter in any way.

Back
Top Bottom