• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racist Crowd boos L.A. police chief

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I only wish ICE was there checking immigration status for illegal mexicans. What a bunch of F-ing RACISTS! America needs to do something VERY VERY soon or this **** is going to get out of hand. Send this punta terrorist / invaders back to mexico!!!

100908-LAPoliceBeck-829p.grid-6x2.jpg

Jae C. Hong / AP
A man yells as he listens to Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck during a community meeting Wednesday night in Los Angeles.

LOS ANGELES — An angry crowd greeted Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck with boos, whistles and chants of "Justicia!" Wednesday night at a community meeting intended to calm residents after police fatally shot a man they said brandished a knife.
A crowd of more than 300 packed a school in the Westlake neighborhood where an officer shot Manuel Jamines, 37, to death Sunday after he allegedly lunged toward the officer with a switchblade.
The crowd jeered Beck when he defended officers by reading a witness's account of how Jamines threatened her.

Beck said the witness, a neighborhood resident who was not named, told three bicycle officers that a man with blood on his hands tried to stab her and a pregnant woman next to her.
As the woman ran away, she heard the three officers telling the suspect to drop the knife, then she heard three or four shots, turned around and saw Jamines on the sidewalk, Beck said.
"She referred to the officers as her angels who had descended from heaven to save her life and that of the pregnant lady," Beck said.
The crowd exploded when they heard the witness's account. One man in the audience called out that the story sounded like it was made up in Hollywood.

CONTINUED http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39068223/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

It amuses me when scumbag sympathizers think cops should not use lethal force to stop violent criminals and suspects.

Why are they racist?

they probably are, not because of this incident, but they probably are. most ignorant people are. they are just a bunch of ignorant fools. two witnesses said the guy threatened them with a knife a knife. the cops told the guy to drop the knife. the guy did not drop the knife. the cops shot him. he got what he deserved. if these jotos don't like it, then to hell with them and they can go back to mexico and see if the mexican cops treat them better.

Why are they racist?

Because they are defending the criminal and blaming the cops, discounting the witnesses, based solely on the individuals race maybe?

they probably are, not because of this incident, but they probably are. most ignorant people are. they are just a bunch of ignorant fools. two witnesses said the guy threatened them with a knife a knife. the cops told the guy to drop the knife. the guy did not drop the knife. the cops shot him. he got what he deserved. if these jotos don't like it, then to hell with them and they can go back to mexico and see if the mexican cops treat them better.

remember your depiction of racists for the future.

Good ****ing lord...why cant we all just get along?

Why does there have to be this kneejerk defense of an OBVIOUS racially motivated response to a criminal act stopped by police?

I mean...seriously...all you kneejerk liberals...do YOU have something that indicates the police did NOT act repsonsibly? That the little thug did NOT threaten the witnesses? that the police did NOT order him to put down the weapon? If so>..PLEASE enlighten us. Otherwise...

Un ****ing believable.

Because they are defending the criminal and blaming the cops, discounting the witnesses, based solely on the individuals race maybe?

I think its mostly just a scumbag sympathizer and scumbag cop hating attitude. LA is full of scumbags and scumbag sympathizers. Remember the LA riots? Pieces of human garbage used a beating of a criminal who was resisting arrest as an excuse to riot,assault innocent people and vandalize and loot the property of innocent people. Los Angeles is a is giant a garbage dump of human filth.

Last edited:
I think its mostly just a scumbag sympathizer and scumbag cop hating attitude. LA is full of scumbags and scumbag sympathizers. Remember the LA riots? Pieces of human garbage used a beating of a criminal who was resisting arrest as an excuse to riot,assault innocent people and vandalize and loot the property of innocent people. Los Angeles is a is giant a garbage dump of human filth.

Well..theres a reason I escaped from California and frankly...they have created the ****hole...they can swim in it. You know...I can TRULY understand mexicans escaping from that toilet of a country. Hell...truth be told...I'd do it myself in a heartbeat...legally if i could, by any means necessary if I had to to provide for my family. Im not without empathy. What I CANNOT fathom is escaping there and turning the place the escaped TO into the same kind of toilet.

remember your depiction of racists for the future.

what??? is that some kind of lame attempt at a sly, off-handed insult or insinuation?

Wait.... where does it say that?

All ears waiting for YOUR explanation...since you and apparently every other kneejerk liberal that has bothered to post on this has some evidence that the little thug did NOT threaten the victims/witnesses and did NOT defy police orders to drop a deadly weapon. I mean...come on big guy...man up...show us YOUR reasoning and rationale.

Why does there have to be this kneejerk defense of an OBVIOUS racially motivated response...

Hang on, are you seriously claiming that blaming a cop, and defending a criminal = racist in of itself?

Are you perverting the definition of racist like I think you are?

Hang on, are you seriously claiming that blaming a cop, and defending a criminal = racist in of itself?

Nice try. I am stating that BLINDLY defending the criminal and BLINDLY attacking the cop is motivated by SOMETHING. And Im waiting to hear some sort of evidence to refute the witnesses account. Still waiting to hear yours or any other persons reasoning and rationale. All I can say is it suddenly became very very quiet.

blaming a cop because he is white and the victim is mexican is, in and of itself racist behavior. blaming a cop because he is a cop and the victim is mexican is, in and of itself racist. calling the cops racist because they kill some thug is, in and of itself, racist.

preverting the definition of "racist" is what people do when they imply, state or insinuate that you can't be racist if you are not white.

Good ****ing lord...why cant we all just get along?

Why does there have to be this kneejerk defense of an OBVIOUS racially motivated response to a criminal act stopped by police?

I mean...seriously...all you kneejerk liberals...do YOU have something that indicates the police did NOT act repsonsibly? That the little thug did NOT threaten the witnesses? that the police did NOT order him to put down the weapon? If so>..PLEASE enlighten us. Otherwise...

Un ****ing believable.

i don't think the cops were racist. but tell me why the crowd is racist?

because they are complaining that the only reason the cops shot the guy is because he is mexican. accusing someone else of racist behavior without proof is racist

Well lets see...I know you cant judge a book by its cover...but every face LOOKED pretty hispanic...and since all I have is 4 different news story accounts all i have is the police account, the eyewitness acount, and the crowds response of "thats bull****". So they are either objecting because the thug that got shot was also hispanic or there is some other hidden reason and motivation and I am WAITING to hear it. STILL.

Viva La Razaaaaaaaaaa! Reconquista Californiaaaaaaaaaaaa!

el gringo policia es muy racist

All ears waiting for YOUR explanation...since you and apparently every other kneejerk liberal that has bothered to post on this has some evidence that the little thug did NOT threaten the victims/witnesses and did NOT defy police orders to drop a deadly weapon. I mean...come on big guy...man up...show us YOUR reasoning and rationale.

I was wondering if they were being racist against a white police officer, chillax. Also since when did I join anyones side? Im taking my lean off so people like you dont poop yourselves over it anymore.

Well lets see...I know you cant judge a book by its cover...but every face LOOKED pretty hispanic...and since all I have is 4 different news story accounts all i have is the police account, the eyewitness acount, and the crowds response of "thats bull****". So they are either objecting because the thug that got shot was also hispanic or there is some other hidden reason and motivation and I am WAITING to hear it. STILL.

No, youre right. Theyre racist cause theyre all hispanic. Makes perfect sense.

It amuses me when scumbag sympathizers think cops should not use lethal force to stop violent criminals and suspects.

OK first of all, the guy was not a violent criminal or suspect. He was walking along the street on Sunday morning, a worker on his way to his job. The "knife" was a tool he used in his job (think putty knife) and he didn't understand the police officers who were looking for an actual violent suspect. Several witnesses said the man raised his hands over his head in surrender, but he didn't drop the "knife". At that point, the officers fired two shots, killing him.

By the way, he was legal. Also, the pregnant lady and the other lady...no one seems to be able to find either. KTLA has been following the story very closely and reporting on it every night.

Also, between the time it happened and Tuesday...suddenly this knife appeared (which is not a switchblade, by the way) as evidence while several witnesses state emphatically that there was no switchblade/weapon. Only a laborer's tools.

The police in LA have a proven record of shooting first and asking questions later. They also have a proven record of planting evidence, using unnecessary force, and all manner of corruption.

Now you can mouthfoam about "scumbag sympathizers" as if that kind of rhetoric is going to lend substance to your uninformed ranting, but the fact is, there's a lot of pissed off people in LA right now and they kinda have every right to be until some very serious questions are answered.

Ummm...that "little thug" was in his 40's and had never had any kind of record. So funny how you guys keep fleshing this story out with a bunch of colorful embellishments but very little in the way of facts and substance.

OK first of all, the guy was not a violent criminal or suspect. He was walking along the street on Sunday morning, a worker on his way to his job. The "knife" was a tool he used in his job (think putty knife) and he didn't understand the police officers who were looking for an actual violent suspect. Several witnesses said the man raised his hands over his head in surrender, but he didn't drop the "knife". At that point, the officers fired two shots, killing him.

By the way, he was legal. Also, the pregnant lady and the other lady...no one seems to be able to find either. KTLA has been following the story very closely and reporting on it every night.

Also, between the time it happened and Tuesday...suddenly this knife appeared (which is not a switchblade, by the way) as evidence while several witnesses state emphatically that there was no switchblade/weapon. Only a laborer's tools.

The police in LA have a proven record of shooting first and asking questions later. They also have a proven record of planting evidence, using unnecessary force, and all manner of corruption.

Now you can mouthfoam about "scumbag sympathizers" as if that kind of rhetoric is going to lend substance to your uninformed ranting, but the fact is, there's a lot of pissed off people in LA right now and they kinda have every right to be until some very serious questions are answered.

so he was "legal", but didn't speak english? but didn't understand them when they said drop the knife??? so how did he know to raise his hands? rasied his hands but didn't drop the knife? I don't buy it, I have been in many different countries, many different cultures and one thing they all have in common: when someone points a gun at you, your hands go up and you drop whatever you are holding...unless it is a child. Unless, of course, you are planning on doing something stupid like trying to attack the guy with the gun.

tired of everyone always getting the benefit of the doubt...except for the cops.

Back
Top Bottom