• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism will live forever.

3step

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The absurd of this “protest” you can see in the video below. Seems like these guys don’t fear civil war. Obama says the “protesters” will be calmed by forces. Everything will be regulated of course. But racism will live forever. Racism has no color of skin, racism is colored blood red.

Stupidity will live forever too.

The absurd of this “protest” you can see in the video below. Seems like these guys don’t fear civil war. Obama says the “protesters” will be calmed by forces. Everything will be regulated of course. But racism will live forever. Racism has no color of skin, racism is colored blood red.

As long as there is money and power to be derived from blaming societal failures on it, accusations of racism will indeed last forever

As long as there is money and power to be derived from blaming societal failures on it, accusations of racism will indeed last forever

Even if there were no money and power to be derived from such blame, as long as people are arrogant, there will be racism and there will be LEGITIMATE accusations of racism to be made.

Even if there were no money and power to be derived from such blame, as long as people are arrogant, there will be racism and there will be LEGITIMATE accusations of racism to be made.

The world will never be rid of close minded fools, that's for sure. But the industry surrounding claims of it trumps the total number of fools by a very wide margin.

I'm just going to continue not giving a **** about anybody's "race" and continue to scowl at those that identify themselves as anything other than the human race when it comes to being serious...

The world will never be rid of close minded fools, that's for sure. But the industry surrounding claims of it trumps the total number of fools by a very wide margin.

I don't know about that last statement. Furthermore, I would say that there would be no such industry if there were not such close minded fools.

I don't know about that last statement. Furthermore, I would say that there would be no such industry if there were not such close minded fools.

I agree with your last statement, but likely not for the same reason.

I agree with your last statement, but likely not for the same reason.

Let me put it like this, there would be no so called "industry of racist claims" if there were not close minded fools who are actually racist.

Let me put it like this, there would be no so called "industry of racist claims" if there were not close minded fools who are actually racist.

There is more money and more power to be obtained by inventing racists, than there is by dealing with those who actually are.

There is more money and more power to be obtained by inventing racists, than there is by dealing with those who actually are.

I don't know about that, and I really don't think you can establish that as a fact. Furthermore, the fact that racism is real and does exist means that one should not automatically dismiss claims of racism as mere fantasy. They should be examined on a case by case basis for their merit.

From my perspective the US is obsessed with race. I suspect it's because race is a big industry. consider the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the top whores of race, and all the NGO race pimps around.

The US even elected a president because he was black. That healed nothing

From my perspective the US is obsessed with race. I suspect it's because race is a big industry. consider the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the top whores of race, and all the NGO race pimps around.

Obama is black like I'm canadian, lol.

You wanna vote for a BLACK guy for president? I suggest Jay Z.

I don't know about that, and I really don't think you can establish that as a fact. Furthermore, the fact that racism is real and does exist means that one should not automatically dismiss claims of racism as mere fantasy. They should be examined on a case by case basis for their merit.

Of course I can establish that as fact. We're in an era where the word has been cheapened to allow it's use in a multitude of accusations.

I agree FL. It's an industry, and a very profitable one at that. It creates fortunes for the race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson, it infuses political power among those who must foster it to remain so positioned, and it lowers the cost of obtaining votes so the politicians who count on maintaining the idea of it can fill their pockets.

Imagine the brilliance of a political campaign plan where the money needed to buy votes is actually provided by all the taxpayers. Given the Presidents empty promises, and the Mayor of Baltimore trolling for illegals to come live there, should anyone really believe any of their empty promises to the members of the Black communities in Baltimore? It's all about affixing blame for something they have actually created themselves.

OK. Here's your chance to shine. Do it.

What do you mean exactly by that?

I don't need to do it. It's all around us. If I don't like the Presidents policies, I'm accused of being racist. If I state we should hold people in Black communities more accountable for their actions, I'm accused of being a racist. The list has grown exponentially over the last 6 years.

Let's not play a game here MildSteel.

If you can't see the industry that promotes the idea of racism, there is really no point in going on.

I agree FL. It's an industry, and a very profitable one at that. It creates fortunes for the race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson, it infuses political power among those who must foster it to remain so positioned, and it lowers the cost of obtaining votes so the politicians who count on maintaining the idea of it can fill their pockets.

Imagine the brilliance of a political campaign plan where the money needed to buy votes is actually provided by all the taxpayers. Given the Presidents empty promises, and the Mayor of Baltimore trolling for illegals to come live there, should anyone really believe any of their empty promises to the members of the Black communities in Baltimore? It's all about affixing blame for something they have actually created themselves.

I don't need to.

Here there are no more corporate donations, only private and limited to a certain amount. Unions have to have their members make donations, they cannot simply throw out a mass amount. Individuals are limited to a certain amount, I think $3,000 a year.

Parties receive a tax subsidy of $1.15 for every vote they obtained in the last election to fund elections. Spending is heavily regulated. We are moving there in provincial elections as well.

But then the system is different here. Individual members of Parliament have little power, they mostly vote along party lines like barking seals which eliminates the impact of lobbyists, who are also highly regulated.

We have the same race issue on a much smaller scale. Natives face great internal corruption, armies of poverty pimps. A few years ago a grass roots movement arose to give control back to native band members way from the internal politics. In a few weeks the first national movement for reform had turned into a just another dumop beating protest over ****ing whales.

I don't need to.

Here there are no more corporate donations, only private and limited to a certain amount. Unions have to have their members make donations, they cannot simply throw out a mass amount. Individuals are limited to a certain amount, I think $3,000 a year.

Parties receive a tax subsidy of $1.15 for every vote they obtained in the last election to fund elections. Spending is heavily regulated. We are moving there in provincial elections as well.

But then the system is different here. Individual members of Parliament have little power, they mostly vote along party lines like barking seals which eliminates the impact of lobbyists, who are also highly regulated.

We have the same race issue on a much smaller scale. Natives face great internal corruption, armies of poverty pimps. A few years ago a grass roots movement arose to give control back to native band members way from the internal politics. In a few weeks the first national movement for reform had turned into a just another dumop beating protest over ****ing whales.

Well, I guess you don't need to imagine it. You know exactly what it is.

We're getting there in the stumbling way of Canadians.

I guess for us, it's hard to stumble when we're already sprawled on the ground. Our method is to open the flood gates. I'm not necessarily opposed to such an approach, as long as the flood is available to all to contribute to. It certainly keeps t-shirt printers in the green.

I guess for us, it's hard to stumble when we're already sprawled on the ground. Our method is to open the flood gates. I'm not necessarily opposed to such an approach, as long as the flood is available to all to contribute to. It certainly keeps t-shirt printers in the green.

While I see the US system compromised with the donations factor, the truth is we as societies are becoming more siloed, isolated. It takes more and costs more to get a message through to urban voters especially.

I see the problem in lobbying. If you set decent contribution limits, everyone is on the same plain, but lobbyists can change that. That's where politicians like Harryu Reid go from middle class to wealthy.

While I see the US system compromised with the donations factor, the truth is we as societies are becoming more siloed, isolated. It takes more and costs more to get a message through to urban voters especially.

I see the problem in lobbying. If you set decent contribution limits, everyone is on the same plain, but lobbyists can change that. That's where politicians like Harryu Reid go from middle class to wealthy.

Agreed. It's a messed up system. I have lots of stories about influence peddling from lobbyists. In the same vein, they also represent an opportunity for everyday citizens to provide a collective voice on issues of concern. Not sure how to square that need with today's results.

In my fiefdom, I would require complete disclosure of all contributions, public access to appointment calendars of elected officials, and total disclosure of who has actually drafted legislation brought before committees for consideration.

Agreed. It's a messed up system. I have lots of stories about influence peddling from lobbyists. In the same vein, they also represent an opportunity for everyday citizens to provide a collective voice on issues of concern. Not sure how to square that need with today's results.

In my fiefdom, I would require complete disclosure of all contributions, public access to appointment calendars of elected officials, and total disclosure of who has actually drafted legislation brought before committees for consideration.

I do believe that has been the objective of democracy since the Magna Carta.

And if it were merely collective voice of citizens fine, but the profit motive has to be gone. These guys are getting rich of the interests of those who can afford the big donations.

I do believe that has been the objective of democracy since the Magna Carta.

And if it were merely collective voice of citizens fine, but the profit motive has to be gone. These guys are getting rich of the interests of those who can afford the big donations.

Yes it does. How to do that remains the holy grail.

That is why I lean towards full disclosure of a legislators activity. I'm sure there would be ways to work around some of those things I've suggested, but at least there is a chance to identify those who appear to be prostituting their position for monetary gain. It would be up to voters after that to decide if it should continue.

It's always been a mystery to me why voters don't question the massive wealth these people leave office with, considering their annual salary.

Back
Top Bottom