• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Racism Steming From Katrina

Canuck said:
http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/Hurricane_katrina.htm

the slurs and disgracefull behaviour
I would have to look back in time to 1960's ,to have seen this much anti negro sentiment in America

has there been this little progress !

This is a vey small minority of people. DO NOT consider this to be the basis of american belief! I garentee in canada, germany, France, and other countries, there is also racism and it is not looked upon by the general basis for analysis! Wake up and open your eyes, PLEASE! Understand what you are saying before you say it!

Just because we hate our poor doesn't mean we are racist! And why do we hate them? Because we are embarrassed by their presence. Because we are too cheap to pay the taxes to support our schools and our teachers so we can have less poor. Because we would rather have cheap products made overseas and sold in Walmart rather than have enough jobs here in this country to reduce the number of unemployed so we can have less poor.
As long as the damn poor stay in their shanties out of sight, we feel good about ourselves. But these hurricanes have flushed them out like so many cockroaches, and we can't just call an exterminator like we would if they really were just bugs. This is a wake up call, people. Pay the poor to abort their babies! Give the poor men a bag of dope if he will accept a free vasectomy! Give the poor women a free makeover if they will have their tubes tied! Rich people unite! The poor are coming! The poor are coming!
(where is the Paul Revere smilie?)
Damn, I am eloquent for this early in the morning.....

Canuck said:

I would have to look back in time to 1960's ,to have seen this much anti negro sentiment in America

There will always be a small outspoken group ready and willing to spread hate. Although outspoken, do not forget they are the minority. It is sad that this many years later we are still having to deal with this type of ignorance. People like the ones in this article make me sick.

getinvolved said:
There will always be a small outspoken group ready and willing to spread hate. Although outspoken, do not forget they are the minority. It is sad that this many years later we are still having to deal with this type of ignorance. People like the ones in this article make me sick.
Agreed...

It's like saying Rev. Jesse Jackson represents all religion or Pete Rose represents all ex-baseball players...:roll:

UtahBill said:
Rich people unite! The poor are coming! The poor are coming!
Not a problem. The rich people have private security forces and bullets are cheap.

AK_Conservative said:
This is a vey small minority of people. DO NOT consider this to be the basis of american belief! I garentee in canada, germany, France, and other countries, there is also racism and it is not looked upon by the general basis for analysis! Wake up and open your eyes, PLEASE! Understand what you are saying before you say it!

please dont condone it with me I hate racists

America has always had a strong racist following

UtahBill said:
Just because we hate our poor doesn't mean we are racist! And why do we hate them? Because we are embarrassed by their presence. Because we are too cheap to pay the taxes to support our schools and our teachers so we can have less poor. Because we would rather have cheap products made overseas and sold in Walmart rather than have enough jobs here in this country to reduce the number of unemployed so we can have less poor.
As long as the damn poor stay in their shanties out of sight, we feel good about ourselves. But these hurricanes have flushed them out like so many cockroaches, and we can't just call an exterminator like we would if they really were just bugs. This is a wake up call, people. Pay the poor to abort their babies! Give the poor men a bag of dope if he will accept a free vasectomy! Give the poor women a free makeover if they will have their tubes tied! Rich people unite! The poor are coming! The poor are coming!

The American Govt. prefers to allow chinese goods by the ton to be sold while factories lie idlt ?

American cornerstone companies like GM and FORD struggle on the brink of colapse Whiles imports dump their vehicles and carry away the cash ?

The infrastructure lays eroded while the biggest part of your budget is put to military uses ?

The poor are indeed coming they are what is known as the middle class now
and they are becoming poor fast
Canada as well
Canada follows American policy we can only change america to effect change here

Canuck said:
please dont condone it with me I hate racists

America has always had a strong racist following

Dont condone what with you? That canada has racist individuals as well? At this current date, America is not heavily racist, but yes there are a few bad apples among us! Dont generalize americ aas being racist.. its foolish!

Canuck said:
The American Govt. prefers to allow chinese goods by the ton to be sold while factories lie idlt ?

American cornerstone companies like GM and FORD struggle on the brink of colapse Whiles imports dump their vehicles and carry away the cash ?

The infrastructure lays eroded while the biggest part of your budget is put to military uses ?

The poor are indeed coming they are what is known as the middle class now
and they are becoming poor fast
Canada as well
Canada follows American policy we can only change america to effect change here

What the hell are you talking about the poor is becomming middle class? What does Ford and GM have to do with racism?

Yes a lot of money is put into military, mainly becuase we need the power to defend ourselves and win! Wasnt it Publius that said to have any chance of winning a war, your military has to be equilant or better to the opponent to have any chance? This suggests to be able to defend ourselves, we need the strongest military! Look at canada, do you think they would be able to support themselves militarily if they got invaded? Absolutely not, America would have to allie its forces with canada! Withut america, canada is a very vulnerable state! Why do you think it depends on us so much? If you want change in your country, bring it upon your government, not ours! Canada is not america. america does not run canada, its your problem, not ours!

If Katrina is bringing out racism, then the people who are proving that they are racist is the liberal media. Not the conservatives.

The media reported many things that were not true about Katrina. For example, the rapes and the murders. Those things did not happen. All the media had was rumors. But what did they do? They reported those "rumors" as if they were true. They had no facts to back up anything. But they reported it anyway. And do you know why? Because the media wanted those things to be true.

The libs are starting to show us that they are the ones that are actually racist.

UtahBill said:
Just because we hate our poor doesn't mean we are racist!

So you hate the poor but you're not racist about it?

And why do we hate them? Because we are embarrassed by their presence.

Why are you embarrassed by their presence?

Because we are too cheap to pay the taxes to support our schools and our teachers so we can have less poor.

You don't pay taxes?

Because we would rather have cheap products made overseas and sold in Walmart rather than have enough jobs here in this country to reduce the number of unemployed so we can have less poor.

You can certainly choose to pay for more expensive American made products, why don't you?

As long as the damn poor stay in their shanties out of sight, we feel good about ourselves.

Why does it make you feel glad?

But these hurricanes have flushed them out like so many cockroaches, and we can't just call an exterminator like we would if they really were just bugs.

I know this is really a metphor, so what did you really do?

This is a wake up call, people.

You asleep

Pay the poor to abort their babies!

That's what you want to do?

Give the poor men a bag of dope if he will accept a free vasectomy!

Hmmm might land you in jail.

Give the poor women a free makeover if they will have their tubes tied!

So you think they are that intellectully challenged to fall for your ploy.

Rich people unite! The poor are coming! The poor are coming!

This is an example of eloquence. If I thought that way I certainly wouldn't advertise it.

Stinger said:
So you hate the poor but you're not racist about it?
Why are you embarrassed by their presence?
You don't pay taxes?
You can certainly choose to pay for more expensive American made products, why don't you?
Why does it make you feel glad?
I know this is really a metphor, so what did you really do?

So you think they are that intellectully challenged to fall for your ploy.

This is an example of eloquence. If I thought that way I certainly wouldn't advertise it.

IT is called sarcasm. Do you really think that I think that way, or are you being sarcastic as well?:shock:

getinvolved said:

it is always that few that wisk the rest of us away on fanatical jouney against our wishes and against our logic

be it hitler or who ever the people look the other way dont want to know or get involved
it can happen in America as well as any other place

UtahBill said:
IT is called sarcasm. Do you really think that I think that way, or are you being sarcastic as well?:shock:

"We" is inclusive, "they" would have excluded you. But I miss the sarcasim, who were you talking about?

Stinger said:
"We" is inclusive, "they" would have excluded you. But I miss the sarcasim, who were you talking about?
I used "we" which means all of us, or at least almost all of us. I usually vote Republican on national offices/issues, and democrat on local offices/issues.
I am not opposed to paying higher taxes if the funds are applied to the betterment of our nations social ills. Going to the flippin' moon is not high on my agenda, but Bush is talking about it. He hasn't properly funded what few social agenda items he started already, so I don't see him, or any conservative republican making any progress with new ones.
On the other hand, the Dems might properly fund social agenda items, but their priorities are skewed. Education should come first, real education, effective education, required attendance until 18 education, not feel good give Johnny and Joanie a lower standard so they can have higher grades but still be stupid education. Once we have a nation of thinkers, we can make progress. Until then, it is business as usual. :(

It seems just a little tit for tat. Hell Jackson, sharpton, farikkan are all screaming hatefull racist. Yet nobody bitches when any of those three stand there in the 1500 dollar suit and call everybody racist... Get over it.

By the way.. Maybe they should learn to have a little free speech in canada before ya become to concernd with us. Better watch what ya say or they will haul your canadain ass of to the pokey....:2razz:

Why not rant about your own Nothern Alliance racist group headquartered in Canada?

UtahBill said:
I used "we" which means all of us, or at least almost all of us. I usually vote Republican on national offices/issues, and democrat on local offices/issues.

Yes I vote independent myself.

I am not opposed to paying higher taxes if the funds are applied to the betterment of our nations social ills.

While at the same time hugh amounts are wasted and funds going to do such things in fact create more of the same?
Going to the flippin' moon is not high on my agenda, but Bush is talking about it.

It wasn't on mine either until I read that it is high on the Chinese agenda, they have targeted a base on the moon as a very high priority.

He hasn't properly funded what few social agenda items he started already,

Such as what? Spending on income assistance to the poor is through the roof under his budgets, the NCLB funds are not being spent by the states as it is, medical spending on the poor us up, what are you claiming is not being funded?

On the other hand, the Dems might properly fund social agenda items, but their priorities are skewed. Education should come first, real education, effective education, required attendance until 18 education, not feel good give Johnny and Joanie a lower standard so they can have higher grades but still be stupid education.

The federal government is not the major funding source for education. We spent plenty on education, about $10,000 a year per student. Funding is NOT the problem with education. THAT is the problem with Democrat solutions, they just want more money without and idea how to spend it or why they need it.

Once we have a nation of thinkers, we can make progress. Until then, it is business as usual. :(

Well "as usual" is pretty darn good. But if everyone is a thinker then how are you going to get your car fixed, or your new washing machine built or the lumber for your new house or a new car built? We place far too much importance on "higher education" and not enough on educating people who have no business in college on things they could do quite well and make a good living at it.

Canuck said:

This is the leading excerpt from the link you posted.

Racists Blame Jews, Seek to Help Whites Only in Hurricane's Aftermath
Posted: September 9, 2005

White supremacists continue to use the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and to promote their racist agenda and hateful worldview.

Who are these unidentified persons? If they cannot be named, why bother to print the article?

Is it akin to the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" which also seems to be anonymous?

UtahBill said:
Just because we hate our poor doesn't mean we are racist!
Despite the fact that we have spent trillions of tax and charitable dollars in the failed effort to eradicate poverty, it exists because it is a lifestyle enjoyed by millions who refuse to give it up.

Yes, there are exceptions; the aged, the disabled. However, these represent only a small fraction of the group collectively known as "our poor". The mass of "our poor" are content with their lot in life. Were this not the case, they would take advantage of the myriad opportunities to improve their circumstances.

And why do we hate them?
If they were hated, they would be left to fend for themselves instead of being treated to a standard of living which is the envy of the middle class in many nations.
Because we are embarrassed by their presence.
We are not embarrassed. We understand and accept that people cannot be forced to do something they do not wish to do.
Because we are too cheap to pay the taxes to support our schools and our teachers so we can have less poor.
The national per capita average spent on K-12 kids is in excess of $10,000. This is more than the tuition at many, many colleges.

The problem is not money. The problem is differing levels of respect for education, of motivation, and of ambition.. Slums and segregated schools have produced outstanding leaders; the finest schools have produced failures. However, since it's not politically correct to point to personal deficiencies, the complaint is always about money. That's simply a cop out.

If a person wants to learn, nothing can prevent it. It a person doesn't want to learn, nothing will make it happen.
Because we would rather have cheap products made overseas and sold in Walmart rather than have enough jobs here in this country to reduce the number of unemployed so we can have less poor.
WalMart and many other employers which can offer jobs to millions of unskilled, uneducated, unmotivated, unambitious persons should be praised rather than denigrated. Where else can these folks work? The smartest among them, realizing that education is the only way up the economic ladder, don't moan and complain. They enroll in the evening programs offered by community colleges to gain the knowledge they need to get them into better opportunities for more money and opportunity.

In the meantime, at least they have a paycheck and a vision of a better life.
From all I've read, there is some confusion. It is you who hates "our poor".
Not eloquent; ludicrous, and all its synonyms..

Fantasea said:
UtahBill said:
Despite the fact that we have spent trillions of tax and charitable dollars in the failed effort to eradicate poverty, it exists because it is a lifestyle enjoyed by millions who refuse to give it up.

Yes, there are exceptions; the aged, the disabled. However, these represent only a small fraction of the group collectively known as "our poor". The mass of "our poor" are content with their lot in life. Were this not the case, they would take advantage of the myriad opportunities to improve their circumstances.

Our poor don't have to go without basic nessessities. The folks on the left want to make it sound like they are. To be poor in this country is to only have 2 televisions, and the hard choices are not either eat today or pay the electric bill. More like Whether to pay the cable bill or do without that new pair of shoes you don't need.

Fantasea said:
If they were hated, they would be left to fend for themselves instead of being treated to a standard of living which is the envy of the middle class in many nations. We are not embarrassed. We understand and accept that people cannot be forced to do something they do not wish to do. The national per capita average spent on K-12 kids is in excess of $10,000. This is more than the tuition at many, many colleges.

The problem is not money. The problem is differing levels of respect for education, of motivation, and of ambition.. Slums and segregated schools have produced outstanding leaders; the finest schools have produced failures. However, since it's not politically correct to point to personal deficiencies, the complaint is always about money. That's simply a cop out.

The real problem is a lack of discipline and respect in the home for these children. When you don't have a father and your mother is not fit to be a mother, you tend to have kids left twisting in the wind and governing their own actions. Not good. It's a terrible cycle that started in the '60s with welfare and has ruined a lot of lives and is putting us farther down the ladder of educational standards as compared to the rest of the world.

This country still has the best and the brightest. It's just sad that so many of them have been imported. One day, the best will decide to stay home, as many already are. We are facing the end of this country as the leader in education and technology for the world. I wish I knew how to stop the bleeding.

Fantasea said:
If a person wants to learn, nothing can prevent it. It a person doesn't want to learn, nothing will make it happen. WalMart and many other employers which can offer jobs to millions of unskilled, uneducated, unmotivated, unambitious persons should be praised rather than denigrated. Where else can these folks work? The smartest among them, realizing that education is the only way up the economic ladder, don't moan and complain. They enroll in the evening programs offered by community colleges to gain the knowledge they need to get them into better opportunities for more money and opportunity.

In the meantime, at least they have a paycheck and a vision of a better life. From all I've read, there is some confusion. It is you who hates "our poor". Not eloquent; ludicrous, and all its synonyms..
As a distributor having to spend a good amount of time in a Walmart, I know exactly the people you mean. Hey, I'm even engaged to a Walmart asst mgr, whom happens to be taking your advice and going to night school to try for a job in banking. People just get caught up in a dead-end job like that and are quite content to make nothing better of themselves. It can be sad, but I don't believe many of them would have much opportunity elsewhere with their education level. (Note: I said "education level", not "intelligence level".)

hiker said:
Fantasea said:
Our poor don't have to go without basic nessessities. The folks on the left want to make it sound like they are. To be poor in this country is to only have 2 televisions, and the hard choices are not either eat today or pay the electric bill. More like Whether to pay the cable bill or do without that new pair of shoes you don't need.

The real problem is a lack of discipline and respect in the home for these children. When you don't have a father and your mother is not fit to be a mother, you tend to have kids left twisting in the wind and governing their own actions. Not good. It's a terrible cycle that started in the '60s with welfare and has ruined a lot of lives and is putting us farther down the ladder of educational standards as compared to the rest of the world.

This country still has the best and the brightest. It's just sad that so many of them have been imported. One day, the best will decide to stay home, as many already are. We are facing the end of this country as the leader in education and technology for the world. I wish I knew how to stop the bleeding.

As a distributor having to spend a good amount of time in a Walmart, I know exactly the people you mean. Hey, I'm even engaged to a Walmart asst mgr, whom happens to be taking your advice and going to night school to try for a job in banking. People just get caught up in a dead-end job like that and are quite content to make nothing better of themselves. It can be sad, but I don't believe many of them would have much opportunity elsewhere with their education level. (Note: I said "education level", not "intelligence level".)

yeah it is sad
that so many Americans are poor and that the Middle class even is being
pushed down to poverty levels
what will be left is not going to be a pretty sight
places like Boston,washinton,Cleveland etc... look like bombed out cities

Canuck said:
hiker said:
yeah it is sad
that so many Americans are poor and that the Middle class even is being
pushed down to poverty levels
what will be left is not going to be a pretty sight
places like Boston,washinton,Cleveland etc... look like bombed out cities
Can it be denied in good conscience that we're reaping what the Great Society social programs have sown.

I think many of you have a deep misconception of 'poor'. There are some in positions that you say, but to say they are all like that is a stereotype, kind of like saying America is racist b/c we only see the extreme people.

America is not at all racist, it is recovering from racial mores that were considered tradition. That doesn't just disappear, but to say that America is racist is..... dumb. If America was racist, I shouldn't be in college.

Back
Top Bottom