• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism is dead

I don't get your point. I noted that there were a lot of videos online from black people about hating white people. What does that have to do with my neighborhood or my feelings? Note that nowhere did I say that all black people or most black people feel this way, I have no idea what the percentage might be. I just said there were a lot of videos up, and there were.

How do you know that there are “a lot of videos” as you describe? What is “a lot”? Do you have any proof of that? I really doubt that it is true. I think that you are just making it up. Perhaps there are some videos like this, but the proper adjective would be “a few”, not “a lot”, given that you admit that most blacks do not feel that way. And why bring it up in the first place? It appears that you were just looking for a convenient way to disparage blacks, and that’s pretty darned close to actual racism.

who refuse to discuss the issue in a calm and reasoned manner, but instead use it as a political hammer
Oh, you mean the same way the left describes all white people as racist oppressors instead of having nuanced dialogue about race and cultural differences that divide us?

This thread has become exactly what I thought it would be and exactly what the OP intended, which is a bunch of right wingers signaling to one another that they can parrot hateful talking point lies lies about Democrats as regards “racism” as well as their buddies.Just a bunch of FOX watchers repeating the t they have been told on the vast right wing echo machine for two or three decades now. So go ahead and play your signaling game, right-wingers, All it means is that you continue to wallow in the racism to which you are so comfortable.
You have absolutely no idea watsup, Watsup...
You just follow the crowd repeating; yep! yep! yep!

How do you know that there are “a lot of videos” as you describe? What is “a lot”? Do you have any proof of that? I really doubt that it is true. I think that you are just making it up.
I don't remember how many there were, but there were enough that it surprised me that there were so many black people with that attitude. I suppose I could look through YouTube to find a bunch of these videos, but I can think of better things to do with my time. Just as I have better things to do than making things up. You are going to think of and label me and my fellow conservatives as racists no matter what I say, so what's the point?

I invite you to consider that while this Democrat narrative of calling all conservatives racist is designed to hurt right wingers, it is actually hurting black people. Part of this is clearly intentional, because they want to inflame resentment and direct that hate against Republicans. But it also results in videos like the one I talked about, and is telling black people that they are growing up in a country where half the people hate them.

Just because the media and the Democrats want to paint all conservatives as racist doesn't make it so, but looking at this thread the myth is pretty pervasive. It reminds me of that recent study where 41% of Democrats thought that if you were unvaccinated and got Covid, you had a 50% chance of having to be hospitalized (the actual number was 1.6%). But CNN, MSNBC, and the left wing media fear mongered CoVid so much that Democrats vastly overestimate the hospitalization risk. Just like the media pushes the "Republicans are racist" narrative, so there's no surprise that those who lean left overestimate the amount of racism among Conservatives.

Oh, you mean the same way the left describes all white people as racist oppressors instead of having nuanced dialogue about race and cultural differences that divide us?

That is simply not true. It’s yet another right wing falsehood talking point. Why are you afraid of a serious and thoughtful discussion of racism in America without such constant drivel?

You have absolutely no idea watsup, Watsup...
You just follow the crowd repeating; yep! yep! yep!

Psychological projection. It was you who was posting nothing but standard right wing talking points that I could hear any day of the week by listening to right wing hate radio or FOX.

I don't remember how many there were, but there were enough that it surprised me that there were so many black people with that attitude. I suppose I could look through YouTube to find a bunch of these videos, but I can think of better things to do with my time. Just as I have better things to do than making things up. You are going to think of and label me and my fellow conservatives as racists no matter what I say, so what's the point?

I invite you to consider that while this Democrat narrative of calling all conservatives racist is designed to hurt right wingers, it is actually hurting black people. Part of this is clearly intentional, because they want to inflame resentment and direct that hate against Republicans. But it also results in videos like the one I talked about, and is telling black people that they are growing up in a country where half the people hate them.

Just because the media and the Democrats want to paint all conservatives as racist doesn't make it so, but looking at this thread the myth is pretty pervasive. It reminds me of that recent study where 41% of Democrats thought that if you were unvaccinated and got Covid, you had a 50% chance of having to be hospitalized (the actual number was 1.6%). But CNN, MSNBC, and the left wing media fear mongered CoVid so much that Democrats vastly overestimate the hospitalization risk. Just like the media pushes the "Republicans are racist" narrative, so there's no surprise that those who lean left overestimate the amount of racism among Conservatives.

Nice rant about Democrats, but you still haven’t told me why you specifically went hunting for videos that you could then use to make negative remarks about blacks. Again, what was the point? And again, it’s pretty darned is close to racism to be seeking ways to be negative towards blacks as you seemed to be doing.

You do know that there are chat rooms out there that don’t have rules and moderators, right? Try visiting one sometime if you really want to see hate. It’s n-word this and n-word that and all sorts of truly hateful racist screeds. Using your standard of generalizing from the few, should we consider that such nastiness is acceptable in a certain segment of our white citizens? Should I then concentrate on that like you are concentrating on a FEW (not a “lot of”) videos? Do you also seek out whites making hateful comments about blacks, or only blacks making hateful comments about whites?

Nice rant about Democrats, but you still haven’t told me why you specifically went hunting for videos that you could then use to make negative remarks about blacks. Again, what was the point? And again, it’s pretty darned is close to racism to be seeking ways to be negative towards blacks as you seemed to be doing.
I was not seeking ways to be negative towards blacks. It was 2020, there was a lot of racial news that year, and I was watching related videos. I was surprised to see a lot of hateful remarks about white people coming from black people, I was not looking for it or expecting it. I'm sure there are white people hating on black people, but those kind of videos tend to get taken down, I would imagine. My intent was not to be negative toward black people, it was just an eye opener that so many felt that way. As I said before, if I was a minority I would probably be resentful too, especially if I had the left wing media beating into my head every day what a racist country I lived in.

I, like most conservatives, bear no ill will toward black people whatsoever, we wish them well. You can believe that or not. And since you've already called me a liar, I'm guessing it will be the latter.

How many socks?

All the socks.

I was surprised to see a lot of hateful remarks about white people coming from black people, I was not looking for it or expecting it.
TRAGEDY.

Some yell "Racist" at every turn but white racism against blacks is now mostly a thing of the past.

Of course, there are a percentage point or two who still believe that crap but
what percentage of white conservatives want Clarance Thomas removed from the Court.

White liberals hate Thomas but I wouldn't say it was because they hated blacks.

Conservative blacks have gained full support from white and black conservatives.

Most people, black, white, and Hispanic, vote on the issues, not the color of a man's skin.
(Some folks haven't studied enough to vote rationally, but I don't see race as a major factor anymore.)

White conservatives strongly support a big black man in Georgia. (While black liberals hate him.)

White conservatives routinely quote Dr. Martin Luther King while black and white liberals hate Dr. King's quote asking us to "Judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin.

Ok, so racism is not dead but white racism against blacks is on it's last legs.

te conservative
Recent history has shown you couldn't be more wrong and theres nothing to suggest your claims has any logical or intellectual merit to it.
Around early 2000s i would have guessed that maybe 10% or so of the country was racist . well i was wrong and naive . . . . over the last decade or so and especially the last 6 years its probably more like 25%

and its funny you mention "white conservatives"
when i talk to white conservatives in real life and share my views ALL of them think I'm underestimating and they guess at least 33% of the country or more is racist.

Even more telling is when a person (race doesnt matter) cries about how THEY are pushing an agenda or THEY are ramming it down our throats etc etc and how how that person USED to be an alley but they are not now

well that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard in my life because it only means that person was racist the whole time LMAO
no matter how many assholes i meat that are a certain race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc guess what . . it will never phase me into judging a group because im not a bigot, nor will it stop me from being an ally to my fellow human beings

that very

I was not seeking ways to be negative towards blacks. It was 2020, there was a lot of racial news that year, and I was watching related videos. I was surprised to see a lot of hateful remarks about white people coming from black people, I was not looking for it or expecting it. I'm sure there are white people hating on black people, but those kind of videos tend to get taken down, I would imagine. My intent was not to be negative toward black people, it was just an eye opener that so many felt that way. As I said before, if I was a minority I would probably be resentful too, especially if I had the left wing media beating into my head every day what a racist country I lived in.

I, like most conservatives, bear no ill will toward black people whatsoever, we wish them well. You can believe that or not. And since you've already called me a liar, I'm guessing it will be the latter.
It's not hard to find that on right-wing sites.

I don't get your point. I noted that there were a lot of videos online from black people about hating white people. What does that have to do with my neighborhood or my feelings? Note that nowhere did I say that all black people or most black people feel this way, I have no idea what the percentage might be. I just said there were a lot of videos up, and there were.
OK, I believe you. There are a lot of videos showing black people hating white people.
And the police should be more attuned to those people, regardless of color, who make angry, deadly threats.

Back
Top Bottom