• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism is dead

You don't have to justify your actions to anyone. Nor should you feel compelled to do so.

Just like your ability to respond to someone, ignore them, start your own conversation, etc., you are not beholden to anyone or anything except the basic rules of the Forum.

Strangely, what just happened which prompted my response is emblematic of the problems I tried to explain to you in my earlier post. This idea that one must always adhere to dogmatic views, must comply with limits on who you talk to and what you can say, or how you choose to peacefully express thanks, appreciation, or other consideration on pain of being "outcast" is the problem.

So I say "LIKE" whom you wish, dispute or agree with people on a case by case basis as YOU so choose, and do not fear peer pressure. This is an anonymous Forum, and you just be you! :)

Captain, I salute you. :) That's a very nice post, I see your point, and I sincerely thank you!

You don't have to justify your actions to anyone. Nor should you feel compelled to do so.

Just like your ability to respond to someone, ignore them, start your own conversation, etc., you are not beholden to anyone or anything except the basic rules of the Forum.

Strangely, what just happened which prompted my response is emblematic of the problems I tried to explain to you in my earlier post. This idea that one must always adhere to dogmatic views, must comply with limits on who you talk to and what you can say, or how you choose to peacefully express thanks, appreciation, or other consideration or you can be "outcast" is the problem.

So I say "LIKE" whom you wish, dispute or agree with people on a case by case basis as YOU so choose, and do not fear peer pressure. This is an anonymous Forum, and you just be you!
:)
You are having an argument that no one is having. Nothing I posted to Emily suggested that she "must always" do anything. Your interpretation of my posts, however, exists only in your listening. You may want to check that.

You're going to get alot of pushback on this one.
You're right, because leftists will be highly upset that their narrative is contradicted - their narrative that there are white supremacists lurking behind every door plotting to put down the black man. That would destroy the boogeyman that they've spent so much time creating. I've seen a lot of video blogs and such since the race riots of 2020. And I was honestly surprised at how much hate there is toward white people from a lot of black people. I mean, there is a LOT of hate out there. The thing about blogs from black people hating white people is social media won't take those videos down.

Now I'm not trying to be judgemental on those black people. If I was a minority it's entirely possible I would resent white people too, just because of the history and because it makes a convenient target for anything that wouldn't be going right in my life. Especially if I had one political party telling me how racist all the white people are against me, and especially how much those evil racist conservatives really, really hate me.

But the OP is right that white people don't spend a lot of time hating on POC. Leftists will say this is part of their "white privilege". Well, maybe so. But the solution isn't for white people to start hating more on POC, or to start groveling at their feet, that would be pandering and supplicating. Most people straight up just treat black people like normal people, or at the very least aim to. Or at least they did, until everyone decided to shove identity politics up the nation's keister.

You're right, because leftists will be highly upset that their narrative is contradicted - their narrative that there are white supremacists lurking behind every door plotting to put down the black man. That would destroy the boogeyman that they've spent so much time creating. I've seen a lot of video blogs and such since the race riots of 2020. And I was honestly surprised at how much hate there is toward white people from a lot of black people. I mean, there is a LOT of hate out there. The thing about blogs from black people hating white people is social media won't take those videos down.

Now I'm not trying to be judgemental on those black people. If I was a minority it's entirely possible I would resent white people too, just because of the history and because it makes a convenient target for anything that wouldn't be going right in my life. Especially if I had one political party telling me how racist all the white people are against me, and especially how much those evil racist conservatives really, really hate me.

But the OP is right that white people don't spend a lot of time hating on POC. Leftists will say this is part of their "white privilege". Well, maybe so. But the solution isn't for white people to start hating more on POC, or to start groveling at their feet, that would be pandering and supplicating. Most people straight up just treat black people like normal people, or at the very least aim to. Or at least they did, until everyone decided to shove identity politics up the nation's keister.
Great post. Welcome to the board.

Reflechissez, I guess my problem is that I am so "middle-of-the-road" when politics are concerned. I'll take one position, then somebody will make a post that I agree with, so I'll change my opinion slightly, then somebody else will say something that will pull me the other way. I know that's not a good thing on a board that was created for political debates, and I should stick to my guns, but I want to be honest at the same time. I sincerely apologize for being so confusing, and I do thank you for calling that to my attention. I'll kind of sit back and think about things more before stating my position. Thanks again.
Debate forums, not just this one but many others, do not always have to be completely polarizing on just two sides. There are many discussions where debators meet in the middle on some topics and I think that is great. "Like" whatever you want, or you can post and tell someone you usually disagree with that they made a valid point or that you agree with them.

White conservatives routinely quote Dr. Martin Luther King while black and white liberals hate Dr. King's quote asking us to "Judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin.

Ok, so racism is not dead but white racism against blacks is on it's last legs.
Whatchoo mean "asking us to "Judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin."
Who is "us"? You mean all of us regardless of skin color?
I think MLK's statement is good advice to anyone and everyone who has reservations about knowing and trusting someone knew. Color doesn't mean much if you are dealing with someone 'one on one'.

So says a WHITE “conservative”. What would the great majority if blacks have to say about your claim? Have you ever actually asked a black person to honestly give you feedback as to whether he or she considers racism to be “a thing of the past”? Or do you only ask fellow white conservatives?
Constantly! Year after year of Dem Party & MSM nonstop bombardment of accusations of hate, racism, systemic racism, institutional racism, discrimination, inequality, white supremacists, racist cops, police brutality, etc-etc-etc-to infinity via every source of information in western civilization !

When all you see, hear, and read are never-ending reports and accusations of evil white racists and poverty stricken minorities; people begin to believe it, even though they never actually witness it!

Because when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail and when people are constantly bombarded with accusations of hate & racism they begin to believe every white is a racist and every minority is a victim!

America has bought into a Big Fat Lie which will eventually culminate in a bloody race war that will be the fault of Progressive Radicals that now control the Democrat Party, the MSM, the public school system and the universities!

I grew up in that same era and was subject to race discrimination.
Today? While there is a small fraction of the White population that still exhibit old school racism, they are not the problem.
The problem is being caused by the so-called "anti-Racists" who IMO are simply creating not only MORE racial discrimination, but they are also part and parcel of the ideological group seeking to divide people by sex, sexuality, gender "expression," you name it, they want to identify it as an oppressed group deserving not only equality but preferential treatment.
Hence things like the "Hierarchy of Oppression," 3rd-Wave Feminism, deconstruction of the sexes via Transgenderism, and so on.
All pointing to "White People," but most specifically "White Males" as the current "out-group" underserving of the slightest consideration, or respect.
If your poor relatives who grew up in the 60's are feeling "hopeless," IMO they have been made so by all the above and more.
As a white male, who do you think is intolerable of transgender people, or any "other" people???
-peace

1649915398059.png

Interesting observations, forn

You wrote:
I mean, there is a LOT of hate out there. The thing about blogs from black people hating white people is social media won't take those videos down.

One thing I realized after reading your post is that I would not want to live in your neighborhood or city. If I felt the way you did about black people hating white people, I would have moved a long time ago.

Before all this identity politics/woke nonsense came to the forefront of progressive politics, and prior to the race card becoming their #1 political strategy a decade or so ago, the country was steadily moving in the right direction when it came to race relations and elimination bigotry in our society just as it had been since the end of the 1960's. If that wasn't destructive enough, in the last 5 years or so they decided to create an all new generation of anti-white racists that quite frankly, our country may never be able to recover from.
weak and untrue...
you are afraid...
-peace

Reflechissez, I guess my problem is that I am so "middle-of-the-road" when politics are concerned. I'll take one position, then somebody will make a post that I agree with, so I'll change my opinion slightly, then somebody else will say something that will pull me the other way. I know that's not a good thing on a board that was created for political debates, and I should stick to my guns, but I want to be honest at the same time. I sincerely apologize for being so confusing, and I do thank you for calling that to my attention. I'll kind of sit back and think about things more before stating my position. Thanks again.
It seems to me you're being a moderate who doesn't much like the extremes on either end. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that.
Sincerely,
Another moderate

Strong and absolutely true
Afraid for the future of our country if this identity politics bullshit doesn't end, absolutely.
We're headed in the opposite direction of peace as long as this woke nonsense continues.
That is a very good post Grim... Thank you...
What does "WOKE" mean???

That is a very good post Grim...
What does "WOKE" mean???
It's a term the social justice, identity politics, race hustling crowd labeled themselves a few years back. It's short for "woken up".

What you need to remember is a "Woke" person is someone who judges people based on their group identity, rather than judging them as an individual. They are hell bent dividing American society by race, gender and sexual preference, and identity politics is the tool they use to achieve this.

Some yell "Racist" at every turn but white racism against blacks is now mostly a thing of the past.

Of course, there are a percentage point or two who still believe that crap but
what percentage of white conservatives want Clarance Thomas removed from the Court.

White liberals hate Thomas but I wouldn't say it was because they hated blacks.

Conservative blacks have gained full support from white and black conservatives.

Most people, black, white, and Hispanic, vote on the issues, not the color of a man's skin.
(Some folks haven't studied enough to vote rationally, but I don't see race as a major factor anymore.)

White conservatives strongly support a big black man in Georgia. (While black liberals hate him.)

White conservatives routinely quote Dr. Martin Luther King while black and white liberals hate Dr. King's quote asking us to "Judge a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin.

te conservative
If you truly believe white racism against others is dead, well then there is little chance that reality will convince you differently. White racism is alive and kicking, it lives and breathes is many a man and woman. And not just in the US but in many countries.he

But the reality is that 7 in 10 African Americans have personally had instances of racism/discrimination.

Like a woman blaming that a black kid had touched her butt, going on a tirade against the kid. Or the 2 teens who fought in a shopping center, both guilty of fighting, white kid place on a seat but the black kid gets handcuffed immediately.

Or the white grandmother who was driving her black grandson to work after church, before getting pulled over and the 18 year old black man handcuffed because they thought he was robbing the white woman.

And other races and differently colored people get the same treatment. White racism is alive and kicking, it may be less socially acceptable than before, but it still exists pure and simple.

Some yell "Racist" at every turn but white racism against blacks is now mostly a thing of the past.

Of course, there are a percentage point or two who still believe that crap but
what percentage of white conservatives want Clarance Thomas removed from the Court.

White liberals hate Thomas but I wouldn't say it was because they hated blacks.

Conservative blacks have gained full support from white and black conservatives.

Most people, black, white, and Hispanic, vote on the issues, not the color of a man's skin.
(Some folks haven't studied enough to vote rationally, but I don't see race as a major factor anymore.)

White conservatives strongly support a big black man in Georgia. (While black liberals hate him.)

te conservative
'Racism' should have died when DNA was identified. I t is now certain that our species, Homo Sapiens is not divided into distinct races. We consist of a vast number of gene pools ALL of which overlap with many others.

It's a term the social justice, identity politics, race hustling crowd labeled themselves a few years back. It's short for "woken up".
Where did you get this from???
What you need to remember is a "Woke" person is someone who judges people based on their group identity, rather than judging them as an individual.
Interesting...
They are hell bent dividing American society by race, gender and sexual preference, and identity politics is the tool they use to achieve this.
Can they be stopped???

Is President Biden woke???
Is President Trump woke???

Here is an example of a grossly ignorant use of the word "race". There are no "races".

(As it happens Japanese and Koreans are quite closely genetically related, in other words the most common gene pools in each country frequently overlap).

'Racism' should have died when DNA was identified. I t is now certain that our species, Homo Sapiens is not divided into distinct races. We consist of a vast number of gene pools ALL of which overlap with many others.
Race is a European social and economic construct...
-Peace

On November 4, 2021, CBS News tweeted an article asking the question,
“How young is too young to teach kids about race?”
The tweet started an open debate around who this question really applies to.

Some, particularly Black and Brown people,
made the argument that the only group of children who need to be taught about race is white kids.

Why? Black and Brown children are taught race through their lived experiences with not being White.

The only group of children who can grow up not being reminded of the color of their skin is White kids.

CBS asked, “How young is too young to teach kids about race ...​

https://medium.com › perceive-more › cbs-asked-how-...

Last edited:

Most politics are identity politics. The rich play identity politics, workers, republicans, etc.

Just reinstate section 5 of the voting rights act and work to end police brutality then quit trying to destroy the capital.

It aint just leftists who are ****ing sick and tired of you people. We’re going to do something about it soon and yes we are coming after your pig shit way of life too.

Right wing talking points and outright lies. *YAWN*

Back
Top Bottom