• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.............................

Re: Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.........................

I'll bet you that at least four and possibly five or all six of the jurors were Christian. They gave one helluva sample of Christian concern for Treyvon Martin and his family. An armed man went against his instructions and pursued an unarmed teen ager(****ing punk) on Sunday evening at 7:00PM, shot and murdered him and the Christians didn't miss a bible thump while they were finding him totally and completely innocent.

You are a complete idiot. I'm an atheist, FYI, but your comment offends me still.

Re: Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.........................

Where your myopia fails you is the way you discount the so called Republican base. You may have a point if all "white men and folks over 65" actually voted in the last two presidential elections and Republicans still got beaten. Not by a long shot. While minority voters, particularly blacks, were out in greater numbers particularly in 2008, the white vote was down and many simply stayed home because they disliked both McCain and Romney because they weren't their kind of conservative Republican.

Do you honestly think that in 2016 the black vote is going to be as strong? If anything, in my view, Obama's failed Presidency is going to turn blacks off voting for years to come - if they have record unemployment among blacks and particularly black youth with a black President, what's in it for them to keep voting when the black messiah leaves the scene?

These things are cyclical and we'll see what happens in 2016 and who the candidates are. I wouldn't be so smug if I were you, but then I'm not a liberal so smug doesn't come naturally to me as it does to you. In the 2014 mid-terms, the Republicans will gain seats in both houses of congress and may retake the Senate further marginalizing the Obama Presidency moving into 2016 - after 8 years of stagnation and celebrity in the White House, I wouldn't discount a change in party there too.

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

Great post! The past two elections were unusual in many respects, IMO. While many Republicans may have indeed stayed home because they didn't like the candidates, I believe that it was more far-reaching than that. Our country has changed, and our elections seem to have become more of a popularity contest now, as opposed to the past. Plus, in 2008, people were ready for something new. Both personal charisma and race played a huge role, and minority voters were excited and eager to vote, and they turned out in record numbers. Unfortunately, qualifications for the job weren't discussed much, and we see the results today. Hillary was far more qualified than BHO on the Democrat side, but it didn't matter! McCain's age and health were big factors against him, too. Much the same played a role in 2012, since Romney didn't run a strong campaign when he should have. He always seemed to be on the defensive against personal attacks, which he should have ignored. That's politics!

Our Founders were wise to limit the Presidency to two terms, IMO. However, with the discontent I see now, I doubt BHO could win a third term now, even if it were legal, and that includes both sides of the aisle. Our $17 trillion dollar debt, growing at $10 million dollars per minute, has become a big problem, and might impact the 2016 race. Voters are sometimes fickle, though, so I could be wrong. I agree that the interest on the Dem side might wane, though, since BHO will no longer be in the picture. It should be an interesting race in 2016! :peace:

You are a complete idiot. I'm an atheist, FYI, but your comment offends me still.

If being offended bothered me I would have been gone from this place a long time ago!

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

Great post! The past two elections were unusual in many respects, IMO. While many Republicans may have indeed stayed home because they didn't like the candidates, I believe that it was more far-reaching than that. Our country has changed, and our elections seem to have become more of a popularity contest now, as opposed to the past. Plus, in 2008, people were ready for something new. Both personal charisma and race played a huge role, and minority voters were excited and eager to vote, and they turned out in record numbers. Unfortunately, qualifications for the job weren't discussed much, and we see the results today. Hillary was far more qualified than BHO on the Democrat side, but it didn't matter! McCain's age and health were big factors against him, too. Much the same played a role in 2012, since Romney didn't run a strong campaign when he should have. He always seemed to be on the defensive against personal attacks, which he should have ignored. That's politics!

Our Founders were wise to limit the Presidency to two terms, IMO. However, with the discontent I see now, I doubt BHO could win a third term now, even if it were legal, and that includes both sides of the aisle. Our $17 trillion dollar debt, growing at $10 million dollars per minute, has become a big problem, and might impact the 2016 race. Voters are sometimes fickle, though, so I could be wrong. I agree that the interest on the Dem side might wane, though, since BHO will no longer be in the picture. It should be an interesting race in 2016! :peace:

Good morning Lady P - I'm in agreement with pretty much everything you've said - I'd need a history lesson, however, about the constitution and Presidential terms of office since I thought it was after FDR that the amendment came in and I hate to say it, but I think there are enough fools in America that even after two disasterous terms Obama might get reelected simply because liberals hate admitting when they're wrong. And it should be interesting in 2016 - hopefully competitive too.

I'll bet you that at least four and possibly five or all six of the jurors were Christian. They gave one helluva sample of Christian concern for Treyvon Martin and his family. An armed man went against his instructions and pursued an unarmed teen ager(****ing punk) on Sunday evening at 7:00PM, shot and murdered him and the Christians didn't miss a bible thump while they were finding him totally and completely innocent.

If you actually had concern for the young man and not just a need to outrageously bait comment, you'd at least ensure you honored the young man by getting his name right - TRAYVON

Good morning Lady P - I'm in agreement with pretty much everything you've said - I'd need a history lesson, however, about the constitution and Presidential terms of office since I thought it was after FDR that the amendment came in and I hate to say it, but I think there are enough fools in America that even after two disasterous terms Obama might get reelected simply because liberals hate admitting when they're wrong. And it should be interesting in 2016 - hopefully competitive too.

Once again, I goofed. I wonder if I am nearing my yearly limit! :lamo: You are absolutely correct that the two-term limit was put into effect after FDR. The framers only set a 4-year term limit, not how many 4-year terms could be served! It is interesting, however, that the Democrats have introduced a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment, which would then allow a POTUS to serve for life. Why this hasn't been more discussed is a matter for conjecture, but it is interesting to contemplate what problems this could bring to America, no matter who is POTUS! :eek:

Hopefully!! Just curious.....does that involve praying?

Not to be a stickler for the minor and mundane.... but our FOUNDERS didn't limit the Presidency to two terms. While it was a "principle" adhered to by several of them, it was never limited by law until the 22nd Amendment in the mid 1900s.

Once again, I goofed. I wonder if I am nearing my yearly limit! :lamo: You are absolutely correct that the two-term limit was put into effect after FDR. The framers only set a 4-year term limit, not how many 4-year terms could be served! It is interesting, however, that the Democrats have introduced a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment, which would then allow a POTUS to serve for life. Why this hasn't been more discussed is a matter for conjecture, but it is interesting to contemplate what problems this could bring to America, no matter who is POTUS! :eek:

Oh crap.... ignore my above post
LOL......

Not to be a stickler for the minor and mundane.... but our FOUNDERS didn't limit the Presidency to two terms. While it was a "principle" adhered to by several of them, it was never limited by law until the 22nd Amendment in the mid 1900s.

I know. I goofed, and apologized in post 81. Sorry. What do you think of the move by some Dems to repeal the 22nd Amendment, making the POTUS President for life? Fortunately, it probably won't go anywhere this time either, but c'mon! Why do they keep trying stuff like this? If they hate this country that much, they really should consider moving elsewhere, IMO. :2mad:

Oh crap.... ignore my above post
LOL......

LOL. Already answered! Nice to know that somebody reads my posts, though! :thumbs:

if you want to have a honest conversation about racism we first need to start being honest about it, and we will start by being honest about who are the most racist, because your pointing in the wrong direction

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics - Rasmussen Reports™

so even blacks agee they are more racist

so lets look at some statistics to explain why some of the members of the least racist race become racist we will start with interracial crime

Interracial crime - Rochester Crime History | Examiner.com

WOW maybe thats why some in the least racist race are racist. would you think?

So maybe you need to get better informed and or start being honest your self then come back to the thread and then and only then will it be possible to have an honest discussion about racism with you

First and foremost that study is not proven because as a researcher myself, the research was based on self-reports. The problem with self-reports is those that design the questioning can gear the questions towards a destined goal. Now giving the benefit of the doubt that the participants were honest, this does not attest to any valuable truth as far as "the most racist." there are studies that show a relationship between low education and racism. If that is true then I must ask the following: "were the African-Americans that did a self-report in this study were college educated?" "Were the African-Americans lower class?" We need to examine the microcosmic relationships.

I find your assertion that all blacks.....excuse me, most blacks are racist based on one study to be flawed because for one, I'm black, and I haven't made not one racist remark to anyone on this site. Two, I'm highly educated and understand that we all are human beings when we get past our flawed sense of racial identities. Three, there are racists in most ethnic groups in the United States that base their idea of culture with nationalistic ideas. Four, as a black man the history of slavery in the United States along with subsequent issues with civil rights and an imbalance of class and socioeconomic strife has lead to an evolution of animosity within the lower class of the African-American community.

Then again with all the complex issues that may result from racist feelings quipped with animosity I'm sure its hard for you to understand therefore it is safer (and ignorant) for you to compartmentalize most blacks based off a self-report study. Yeah sure blacks are racist, I guess my ancestors decided to willfully go into slavery in West Virginia and fight for civil rights only to come out as the most racist.....

I think what bothers me when I encounter whites who claim to want an "honest discussion" is that many whites (most with good intentions) ask the wrong questions and a lot do not look at the contributing factors that are the result of degenerative behavior from within the African-American community. Before we have an honest online discussion about racism I challenge any white person here to go on Yahoo.com and read some of the comments made by (I assume whites) regarding Trayvon Martin.

"Good riddance to that thug."

"Another monkey dead"

"Trayvon deserved to die"

Then of course when you make a rational response and defense for why Martin shouldn't have to die and arguing against the stand your ground law, of course most Zimmerman supporters will thumb you down.

I guess my point is, if we are to have an honest discussion we need to leave our biases at the door, but you see, that is the problem. People have biases and racial stereotypes about a group of people and most are unwilling to listen to the other side because they base their views about that particular group on statistics and television. I'm pessimistic about having an honest discussion about race because I, as a black man have rarely met any unbiased, impartial white person who is willing to discuss the issues that plague this country. I mean, the only impartial whites I've known to have left their biased views at the door were my current college friends. As for the online community, I have no hope because people want to be right. People want to smear African-Americans as "racist" and that whites are no longer racist because slavery is over.

Rush Limbaugh is a prime example (See his views about slavery not being white peoples fault) as to why there will always be this racial divide between black and white because Limbaugh has a gullible following who continue to feed off his racist and hypocritical nonsense.

I think what bothers me when I encounter whites who claim to want an "honest discussion" is that many whites (most with good intentions) ask the wrong questions and a lot do not look at the contributing factors that are the result of degenerative behavior from within the African-American community. Before we have an honest online discussion about racism I challenge any white person here to go on Yahoo.com and read some of the comments made by (I assume whites) regarding Trayvon Martin.

"Good riddance to that thug."

"Another monkey dead"

"Trayvon deserved to die"

Then of course when you make a rational response and defense for why Martin shouldn't have to die and arguing against the stand your ground law, of course most Zimmerman supporters will thumb you down.

I guess my point is, if we are to have an honest discussion we need to leave our biases at the door, but you see, that is the problem. People have biases and racial stereotypes about a group of people and most are unwilling to listen to the other side because they base their views about that particular group on statistics and television. I'm pessimistic about having an honest discussion about race because I, as a black man have rarely met any unbiased, impartial white person who is willing to discuss the issues that plague this country. I mean, the only impartial whites I've known to have left their biased views at the door were my current college friends. As for the online community, I have no hope because people want to be right. People want to smear African-Americans as "racist" and that whites are no longer racist because slavery is over.

Rush Limbaugh is a prime example (See his views about slavery not being white peoples fault) as to why there will always be this racial divide between black and white because Limbaugh has a gullible following who continue to feed off his racist and hypocritical nonsense.

The difference you are failing to see is this....

1. White people do not accept other white people being racists. Its not acceptable.
2. It appears to be acceptable to be racist against white people amongst black people.
3. This "Honest Discussion"... at least to some..... can only be had if people accept that racism is the root of all problems in the black community. Which isn't true. Which is why white folks would prefer not to get involved in said discussions... lest they instantly become racists.
4. Black people, too, point to "statistics" and "disparities" as proof of racism, without having any proof racism is the CAUSE of the disparities.
5. If you have never met an impartial, unbiased white person..... then the bias you see is probably coming more from you than from them. (You are probably assuming bias where it does not exist)
6. Please, although Limbaugh is an idiot, it isn't Limbaugh followers that keep the divide going, its race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson and many many other lesser known names in communities across the country who can't look at a situation without using their "black eyes" rather than their "god given" ones.
7. Don't get me started on retarded racist rants from morons on the interwebz over this incident coming from the other side........ I personally don't prefer to have people threaning to "kill a cracka" because a man was found not guilty for defending himself.

How is that for an honest discussion?

The difference you are failing to see is this....

1. White people do not accept other white people being racists. Its not acceptable.
2. It appears to be acceptable to be racist against white people amongst black people.
3. This "Honest Discussion"... at least to some..... can only be had if people accept that racism is the root of all problems in the black community. Which isn't true. Which is why white folks would prefer not to get involved in said discussions... lest they instantly become racists.
4. Black people, too, point to "statistics" and "disparities" as proof of racism, without having any proof racism is the CAUSE of the disparities.
5. If you have never met an impartial, unbiased white person..... then the bias you see is probably coming more from you than from them. (You are probably assuming bias where it does not exist)
6. Please, although Limbaugh is an idiot, it isn't Limbaugh followers that keep the divide going, its race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson and many many other lesser known names in communities across the country who can't look at a situation without using their "black eyes" rather than their "god given" ones.
7. Don't get me started on retarded racist rants from morons on the interwebz over this incident coming from the other side........ I personally don't prefer to have people threaning to "kill a cracka" because a man was found not guilty for defending himself.

How is that for an honest discussion?

Like I said.......

You're not going to see my point and from the looks of it we'll just go back and forth so I'll say good day to you sir/ma'am

Like I said.......

You're not going to see my point and from the looks of it we'll just go back and forth so I'll say good day to you sir/ma'am

Your point being that he is white thus 'doesn't get it'. I think he saw that point and ignored the bias in it.

Your point being that he is white thus 'doesn't get it'. I think he saw that point and ignored the bias in it.

No he didn't. Part of the problem regarding the lack of an honest discussion is as I said before is the pre-conceived racial biases people have, and in addition, the lack of acknowledgement of ethnic experiences with racism. For example if I'm a black kid in the hood that is constantly profiled by police, living in a failing educational system and living in an impoverished condition, it would be hard for someone white who, for all intents and purpose grew up the same way with the exception of profiling, may not understand that black kid's experience (because although both may share socioeconomic disadvantages racial profiling and the experiences with it is something a poor white person wont understand).

In other words, for us to discuss race be prepared to listen to my experience.

No he didn't. Part of the problem regarding the lack of an honest discussion is as I said before is the pre-conceived racial biases people have, and in addition, the lack of acknowledgement of ethnic experiences with racism. For example if I'm a black kid in the hood that is constantly profiled by police, living in a failing educational system and living in an impoverished condition, it would be hard for someone white who, for all intents and purpose grew up the same way with the exception of profiling, may not understand that black kid's experience (because although both may share socioeconomic disadvantages racial profiling and the experiences with it is something a poor white person wont understand).

For us to discuss race, be prepared to listen to reasons why the existence you lived was the way it was.

Police don't pick random black kids in the hood to "profile". If the kid is being harassed by the police, there is probably a reason for it.

Police don't pick random black kids in the hood to "profile". If the kid is being harassed by the police, there is probably a reason for it.

Funny you mention that. I was walking home from the liquor store and was stopped and searched by a sheriff. The cop said he stopped me because of reports of vandalism. LoL yeah like a vandal is going to openly walk the street with a plastic bag with chips and soda. My clothing was regular (white T shirt blue jeans). The cop I believe stopped me because I made eye contact. Some cops think making eye contact is an aggressive gesture.

LOL. Already answered! Nice to know that somebody reads my posts, though! :thumbs:

This question just occurred to me. Do you know if anyone ever reads your posts?

:2razz:

This question just occurred to me. Do you know if anyone ever reads your posts?

:2razz:

Good morning, X Factor! :2wave:

Other than getting a response, or a like.... No. Since we can't see each other, that has to suffice. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom