• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.............................

Re: Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.........................

I wonder just what the statistics would look like regarding prison populations, criminal actions, criminal victims, earned incomes, whatever is used to compare blacks and whites would look like if we just took race out of the equation completely and compared like populations:
high school dropouts compared to high school dropouts,
Kids born out of wedlock to Kids born out of wedlock,
Fatherless, jobless, discipline-less teens to Fatherless, jobless, discipline-less
middle class youth raised in two parent families to middle class youth raised in two parent families,

I'd be willing to bet that the real causes of what is perceived as difference between races could be identified.

Re: Racism In America Will Become A Part Of The Conversation.........................

So you have missed all the people talking for years, holding rallies for years, and all that about how black people have to stop killing each other? Your ignorance does not make that not exist.

Rev. Jesse Jackson rallies to stop black-on-black carnage
Black men rally against Philadelphia crime - USATODAY.com
NAACP rallies against black-on-black crime - Topix

How much progress has resulted since these 2007 "stop shooting each other" campaigns?

OK, let's talk a bit about those example links in terms of issues, recommended actions and results obtained:

1st example - Issue = black homicides by blacks. Action = "we" need gun control, job creation, eduaction improvement, relief from overcrowding and control of drugs. Result = more hot air blown.

error for Jackson not to also attack one of the root causes of black-on-black homicides that black leaders usually duck: the broader problem of black criminal behavior that makes so many black neighborhoods unsafe.

2nd example - Issue = black youth crime. Action = 10,000 volunteers to ???. Result = more hot air blown.

Organizers had originally talked of deploying volunteers to patrol the streets, but they suggested Sunday that some would help out established community groups such as youth organizations.

The exact number of volunteers who signed up was not immediately known.

3rd example - non-existant link to "full story" but the comments below were quite interesting. ;)

What a bunch of Racist, of course what else would you expect from the national association for the " Advancemement of Colored People ". Why not rally against "Black Crime" period. Which is by far most of what I see everyday on the local news. I guess it's like "Sista Soulja" said, it's o.k. if you commit crime against White People.

................when Fox News and Rush Limbaugh start watching MSNBC. They should look into a mirror if they would like to see real racism.

One, just one, specific example of Rush Limbaugh being a racist. There are literally thousands of hours of recorded audio, shouldn't be too hard to find a specific example. I'll be waiting.

I wonder just what the statistics would look like regarding prison populations, criminal actions, criminal victims, earned incomes, whatever is used to compare blacks and whites would look like if we just took race out of the equation completely and compared like populations:
Fatherless, jobless, discipline-less teens to Fatherless, jobless, discipline-less
middle class youth raised in two parent families to middle class youth raised in two parent families,

I'd be willing to bet that the real causes of what is perceived as difference between races could be identified.

The black woman whose husband was beating her and when she drew a gun and fired a warning shot over his head was enough to convince me.....they sent her up for 20 years and the bullet was dug out of the wall. It didn't even hit him.

Black....one set of rules
White...another

................when Fox News and Rush Limbaugh start watching MSNBC. They should look into a mirror if they would like to see real racism.

You can always tell when liberals in America are behind in the polls and having trouble getting their social engineering agenda through congress because they inundate us with claims of racism everywhere. Consistent, yet hopelessly pathetic.

Black....one set of rules
White...another

Simplistic thinking (or intentional dishonesty) that does not account for each case on it's own facts.

I don't think race in and of itself is a factor in crime.. but there are cultural differences that tend to be "racial". Gang activity is highly associated with crime and a black person is much more likely to be in a gang than whites. Demographics

Also, black poor are much more likely to live in urban areas. Many white poor live in rural areas where crime is typically very low. BLACK POVERTY SPREADS IN 50 BIGGEST U.S. CITIES - New York Times

Look at rates of birth out of wedlock, single mothers, rates of marriage, rates of employment, rate of full time employment, and average educational level of blacks vs. whites and you'll see that blacks have more of everything that predisposes people to crime.

What does this mean? It doesn't mean that being black causes you to be more likely to commit a crime, it means being black CORRELATES with likelihood to commit crimes. Its a marker, not a cause.

Last edited:

I don't think race in and of itself is a factor in crime.. but there are cultural differences that tend to be "racial". Gang activity is highly associated with crime and a black person is much more likely to be in a gang than whites. Demographics

Also, black poor are much more likely to live in urban areas. Many white poor live in rural areas where crime is typically very low. BLACK POVERTY SPREADS IN 50 BIGGEST U.S. CITIES - New York Times

Look at rates of birth out of wedlock, single mothers, rates of marriage, rates of employment, rate of full time employment, and average educational level of blacks vs. whites and you'll see that blacks have more of everything that predisposes people to crime.

What does this mean? It doesn't mean that being black causes you to be more likely to commit a crime, it means being black CORRELATES with likelihood to commit crimes.

Yes, it correlates.
However, being in a gang, being illegitimate, lacking any adult giving your life direction as a youth, all of that correlates even more closely regardless of race.

You can always tell when liberals in America are behind in the polls and having trouble getting their social engineering agenda through congress because they inundate us with claims of racism everywhere. Consistent, yet hopelessly pathetic.

Good evening, CJ. :2wave:

Do you suppose that Liberals ever consider that it isn't racism that is the issue, but rather that a large percentage of Americans really don't like their Social Engineering Agenda? :failpail:

Do you suppose that Liberals ever consider that it isn't racism that is the issue, but rather that a large percentage of Americans really don't like their Social Engineering Agenda? :failpail:

Good evening Lady P.

Liberals? Consider they might be wrong? Have you been into the wacky weed today?

That would certainly explain the results of our elections...oh wait, no it doesn't. In fact that is kinda stupid. Did you know that most liberal programs poll quite well in fact?

How much progress has resulted since these 2007 "stop shooting each other" campaigns?

OK, let's talk a bit about those example links in terms of issues, recommended actions and results obtained:

1st example - Issue = black homicides by blacks. Action = "we" need gun control, job creation, eduaction improvement, relief from overcrowding and control of drugs. Result = more hot air blown.

2nd example - Issue = black youth crime. Action = 10,000 volunteers to ???. Result = more hot air blown.

3rd example - non-existant link to "full story" but the comments below were quite interesting. ;)

So instead of actually adressing the point, you are going to try and argue that because they have not solved a very hard problem, that doesn't count?

Social enginerring is 80% of the tax code too. The republicants are every bit as much for social engineering as the demorats are - they are both now the parties of big gov't, they just have different ways of using big gov't for social engineering.

So instead of actually adressing the point, you are going to try and argue that because they have not solved a very hard problem, that doesn't count?

Not at all, I am simply pointing out that problems not fixable by getting gov't cash tossed at them are not their cup of tea.

Not at all, I am simply pointing out that problems not fixable by getting gov't cash tossed at them are not their cup of tea.

Which is just diverting from the point and not what they where trying to do. Well done!

That would certainly explain the results of our elections...oh wait, no it doesn't. In fact that is kinda stupid. Did you know that most liberal programs poll quite well in fact?

Greetings, Redress. :2wave:

What do you consider liberal programs, and which of those poll quite well? I am asking because I haven't seen the results of any polling done on that subject. :peace: Would those fall under a Social Engineering Agenda?

ROTFLMAO!!

Republicans have lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections and they are so thick that they don't get it. With assholes making comments like they aren't concerned about 47% of the electorate and red states continuing to thump their bibles and vote against their own interest they more than likely will never win another one. The only two demographics Romney won was white men and folks over 65. Since whites will become a minority in America in a few more years and folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than those under thirty it might be a good idea for them to modify their support for corporations and the wealthy.

When those, like Obama, stop and honestly reflect a bit. Out of the literally millions of people that Obama has encountered, he "vividly recalls" about 3 or 4 incidents that he perceived as racial discrimination. Even with his exposure to such "massive" racial discrimination Obama is, none the less, now POTUS - causing me to take his alligator tears with a grain of salt. While we all agree that some racism/racial discrimination surely exists, it is not nearly as rampant and pervasive as the race hustling, poverty pimps try to make it out to be.

Based on his behavior over the Trayvon Martin death, I've decided that Barack Obama is a racist in every political sense. His baiting during speeches leaves no doubt what his motives and social justice intentions are. He has no intention whatsoever to reduce racism or try to heal the racial divide. In fact he along with Sharpton, Jackson and that ilk want it worse. Riots and social unrest are the community organizer's tools to his goal of social justice in America. Yup, I use to have a slightly more moderate view of Obama; I thought he was just being stupid about his economic policies, but now I believe he just wants to do as much damage as possible. Chaos is a tool for change, and stir emotions. He could have been Trayvon 35 years ago? That lying sack of **** was never in that position. He has lived a privileged life, not like Trayvon Martin. Did Martin go to a private college prep school considering Columbia before he was killed. Hell no. Did any of Trayvon's parents attend Harvard? And he's been an activist from the beginning. He's not letting any racial crisis go to waste, and racism isn't involved he'll make sure it becomes part of the problem.

Last edited:

what i think is that any time a cop wannabe, neighborhood watch guy who has already called a youngster he doesn't even know names, then go against professional instructions and follow a teen ager who was visiting his dad until a confrontation began then because he couldn't stand the idea of getting an old fashioned ass kicking he shot him through the heart and lungs......something is very wrong if he is turned loose. He murdered an unarmed teen ager. What about the rights of others....not just white christians?...which coincidently were the requirements in days of old when a southerner wanted to join the ku klux klan.

w. T. F.
Do christians
have
to
do
with
this?

Greetings, Redress. :2wave:

What do you consider liberal programs, and which of those poll quite well? I am asking because I haven't seen the results of any polling done on that subject. :peace: Would those fall under a Social Engineering Agenda?

We can start with a big one like social security, which is a very liberal program. Would you like me to go on?

ROTFLMAO!!

Republicans have lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections and they are so thick that they don't get it. With assholes making comments like they aren't concerned about 47% of the electorate and red states continuing to thump their bibles and vote against their own interest they more than likely will never win another one. The only two demographics Romney won was white men and folks over 65. Since whites will become a minority in America in a few more years and folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than those under thirty it might be a good idea for them to modify their support for corporations and the wealthy.

Where your myopia fails you is the way you discount the so called Republican base. You may have a point if all "white men and folks over 65" actually voted in the last two presidential elections and Republicans still got beaten. Not by a long shot. While minority voters, particularly blacks, were out in greater numbers particularly in 2008, the white vote was down and many simply stayed home because they disliked both McCain and Romney because they weren't their kind of conservative Republican.

Do you honestly think that in 2016 the black vote is going to be as strong? If anything, in my view, Obama's failed Presidency is going to turn blacks off voting for years to come - if they have record unemployment among blacks and particularly black youth with a black President, what's in it for them to keep voting when the black messiah leaves the scene?

These things are cyclical and we'll see what happens in 2016 and who the candidates are. I wouldn't be so smug if I were you, but then I'm not a liberal so smug doesn't come naturally to me as it does to you. In the 2014 mid-terms, the Republicans will gain seats in both houses of congress and may retake the Senate further marginalizing the Obama Presidency moving into 2016 - after 8 years of stagnation and celebrity in the White House, I wouldn't discount a change in party there too.

w. T. F.
Do christians
have
to
do
with
this?

I'll bet you that at least four and possibly five or all six of the jurors were Christian. They gave one helluva sample of Christian concern for Treyvon Martin and his family. An armed man went against his instructions and pursued an unarmed teen ager(****ing punk) on Sunday evening at 7:00PM, shot and murdered him and the Christians didn't miss a bible thump while they were finding him totally and completely innocent.

I'll bet you that at least four and possibly five or all six of the jurors were Christian. They gave one helluva sample of Christian concern for Treyvon Martin and his family. An armed man went against his instructions and pursued an unarmed teen ager(****ing punk) on Sunday evening at 7:00PM, shot and murdered him and the Christians didn't miss a bible thump while they were finding him totally and completely innocent.

It was their job to consider the law, not to give concern for the family of the deceased and send a man to prison out of that concern even though he acted within the law.

You have yet to prove anything how this has to do with Christians... just blathering on sounding like your posts belong in the Conspiracy Theory thread.

What's wrong with wanting to be a cop?
What's wrong with being part of a neighborhood watch program?
Was told by the "professional" to let him know what he was doing then later informed by the same "professional" he "didn't need" to follow him.
Confrontation began. Most honest people now feel Martin started the fight.
Receiving "an old fashion ass kicking" is not an idea.
Jury said he's not guilty after hearing every bit of evidence presented by the State.
What about the rights of others? White Christians included? Crime Stats say blacks commit crimes against whites at eight times the rate as white against black. You have any outrage on that? I didn't think so.

We all know it's not smart to bring a knife to a gunfight. From what you say I guess bringing Skittles and ice tea is smarter. If you think Zimmerman wasn't at least guilty of manslaughter you are a racist.

If you think Zimmerman wasn't at least guilty of manslaughter you are a racist.
ROFL

This is signature worthy **** right here.......

Back
Top Bottom