• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Racial profiling

Should racial profiling be allowed in searching

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Exactly! It is already human nature to suspect those who "look like" the criminals we see in our minds and media everyday... to have it "on the books" is wrong in my opinion. I have seen to many sweet older women being harassed at airports because they are obviously arab and/or muslim.

quietrage said:
not really but i am trying to say that checking people based on anything for anything is going to fail because the minority will always fall through the cracks

you don't make sense. If by what you are saying we should just check random people and so of the majority race they can try and sneak through without being checked and BOOM

Arch Enemy said:
I love our new mentality.

Just because you look one way we're going to consider you a suspect.

I voted NO.
Maybe we should start having Racial Profiling on White People! I mean, we do terrorist attacks as well!

terrorist attacks as well?

Lilith said:
Exactly! It is already human nature to suspect those who "look like" the criminals we see in our minds and media everyday... to have it "on the books" is wrong in my opinion. I have seen to many sweet older women being harassed at airports because they are obviously arab and/or muslim.

What we are talking about checking younger males not old ladies we all have said that is stupid

CanadianGuy said:
What we are talking about checking younger males not old ladies we all have said that is stupid
I understand your previous points. I mentioned the older women only because of their culture they are truly humiliated by this. The security actually checks anyone looking "arab" or having long hair or a trenchcoat... my son gets picked for "random checks" EVERY time. :roll:

Lilith said:
I understand your previous points. I mentioned the older women only because of their culture they are truly humiliated by this. The security actually checks anyone looking "arab" or having long hair or a trenchcoat... my son gets picked for "random checks" EVERY time. :roll:

Because he is a young man wearing a trench coat? I don't want to insult your son but that is suspicious in a heat wave.

CanadianGuy said:
Because he is a young man wearing a trench coat? I don't want to insult your son but that is suspicious in a heat wave.
lol

my son would wear it if it wer hot.. but it's not.. who said anything about a heat wave? :doh

Lilith said:
lol

my son would wear it if it wer hot.. but it's not.. who said anything about a heat wave? :doh

Oh are you not from america?

CanadianGuy said:
Oh are you not from america?
Yes... I am from the Central coast of California...like it says... it's not hot here though... rarely is... you know what happens when you assume... ;)

(Now to get your thread back on track...) I think racial profiling (or any other profiling) is already in human nature and should not be "on the books."

CanadianGuy said:
Ok I am sorta confused elaborate please. I also have said before if someone is suspicious they should be checked no matter what they could have done something else wrong.

I'm a female.. and I said.. ok search all men... now get in line and STRIP... errr let me check your bag. Again.. the punchline is lost when it HAS to be explained *retreats to the basement*

To the people that said no... Would you feel comfortable getting on an airplane with 4 men dressed in Arab garb? I know I would not..........

Just because JWL was American proves nothing...........He was the exception to the rule.........

Navy Pride said:
To the people that said no... Would you feel comfortable getting on an airplane with 4 men dressed in Arab garb? I know I would not.....
I've done it. And no, it isn't comfortable. However, I don't think they should be anymore subject to search than anyone else unless they look suspicious for some other reason than being arab.

I'm not saying you shouldn't search people - and as i've stated, profiling is human nature... I just can't quite take the leap of saying you should search every arab.

Navy Pride said:
To the people that said no... Would you feel comfortable getting on an airplane with 4 men dressed in Arab garb? I know I would not..........

Just because JWL was American proves nothing...........He was the exception to the rule.........

Hey, VoR, say it ain't so. I got my eye on you. Of course if my intelligence is faulty, my apologies. But then monkeys don't lie.

Lilith said:
I've done it. And no, it isn't comfortable. However, I don't think they should be anymore subject to search than anyone else unless they look suspicious for some other reason than being arab.

I'm not saying you shouldn't search people - and as i've stated, profiling is human nature... I just can't quite take the leap of saying you should search every arab.

That is a good time to search everyone. The rest of us can just suck it up, and they can't claim "profiling". There is always another way. Just have to think of it. Massive brain, remember?

Last edited:
teacher said:
That is a good time to search everyone. The rest of us can just suck it up, and they can't claim "profiling". There is always another way. Just have to think of it. Massive brain, remember?
I agree. I mentioned it somewhere before (so many threads, so little time.) I would rather everyone be seached than blatant profiling.

I have said no,

my argument is very simple:

As an American and a supporter of freedom for any and all. I would rather be a part of the country that tried to be truely free and failed than a part of a country that gives into fear, loathing, and hatred.

thats all I have to say.

CanadianGuy said:
terrorist attacks as well?

You don't consider the KKK activities as acts of terrorism, the Neo-Nazis blowing up synagogues.. etc etc Are those not acts of terrorism? Or are our acts immune to being defined as "terrorism"?

Arch Enemy said:
You don't consider the KKK activities as acts of terrorism, the Neo-Nazis blowing up synagogues.. etc etc Are those not acts of terrorism? Or are our acts immune to being defined as "terrorism"?

Actually I do. But it has gone on for so long and they are not killing 50 people at once. They are jailed for hate crimes but it is hard to catch them.

See the reason why the KKK didn't kill 50 Black people at one time is because they knew they'd get caught. I assure you, they'd have done it in a heart beat if they could. The difference between Arabic Terrorists and American Terrorists, is that Arabic Terrorists are willing to give up their life for accomplishing their objectives, but us Americans value our lives much more.

No matter how many people are killed, it's still considered a terrorist act. Number wise it may not seem alot of killings but if you were related to a person who has been killed by a KKK member then you'd understand.

Lilith said:

Well I say if it can prevent another 9/11/01 then go for it..........I can tell you if white cauc males were the primary people committing terrorist acts then I would have no problem being racial profiled..............Its only common sense......

Navy Pride said:
Well I say if it can prevent another 9/11/01 then go for it..........I can tell you if white cauc males were the primary people committing terrorist acts then I would have no problem being racial profiled..............Its only common sense......

Yet White Cauc males DO commit terrorist acts on a daily basis. Not just in America but abroad, the reason why you don't hear about it is because it'd be impossible for there to be an article on EVERY White Cauc Terrorist attacks.

Terrorism just doesn't happen on a huge scale, it can happen on little scales.
Does the Valentine Day Massacre count to the "racial profiling" Whites?

arch, i've noticed that you're really not going to get through to navy whatever over there, he obviously has never been pulled over by the cops for being a teenager or black or whatever. he doesnt understand, because he doesnt want to

ArchyEnemy, I consider acts perpetrated by the Jews like the JDL trying to blow up and murder Republican politicians as acts of terrorism.

I consider acts like the homosexual freaks at ACTUP assaulting people for refusing to glorify the Homosexual Agenda as acts of terrorism.

I consider acts like the radcial feminist hate mongerers passing laws allowing men to be forced into indetured servitude against their will for 18 years as an act of terrorism.

I consider our gynocentric, women controlled matriarchal government passing laws allowing women to murder unborn children as an act of terrorism.

Should racial profiling be alowed when searching people in subways, train stations and Airports?

Of course it should be allowed.

If you go to a Home Depot or Lowes and you want to a find a certian type of plywood and you only had five minutes to get it which section of the store would you look for that type of plywood that you want?Would you look over in the gardening section,the paint section,the plumbing section or would you look in the lumber section of the store that has certian types of plywood that you need?

We know what ethnicity the terrorist are,so the hell waste time and money searching a 80 year old grandmother from China?

Back
Top Bottom