• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Maddow uses shameless lie to trash Republicans

I can't answer why she didn't mention it, I'm not a mind reader. However, I question whether the fax was actually sent to hundreds of lawmakers because the quote was from a self-proclaimed paramilitary leader. Where is the proof that he actually sent them i.e a trusted source?

Color me skeptical.

You're skeptical because your ignorant of the facts, do not persue those facts for yourself, and are colored by your own biases which you seem to find more comfortable than the alternative. The "trusted source" was the FBI. A simple Google search finds the following:

https://lectlaw2.securesites.net/files/cur37.htm

Just in case you don't want to read it - I'll describe what it is. It's the collection of statements and FBI correspondence on the electric law library, related to Stockman from 1995.

You're skeptical because your ignorant of the facts, do not persue those facts for yourself, and are colored by your own biases which you seem to find more comfortable than the alternative. The "trusted source" was the FBI. A simple Google search finds the following:

https://lectlaw2.securesites.net/files/cur37.htm

Just in case you don't want to read it - I'll describe what it is. It's the collection of statements and FBI correspondence on the electric law library, related to Stockman from 1995.

Please explain how this relates to the idea that the fax was sent to "hundreds" of congressman. Also, if other congressmen recieved the fax, where is their testimony to the FBI?

Please explain how this relates to the idea that the fax was sent to "hundreds" of congressman. Also, if other congressmen recieved the fax, where is their testimony to the FBI?

Maddow didn't target "hundreds" of congressman, she targeted Stockman. Explain how faxes to hundreds of congressman is relevant? Let me clue you in... it not, and trying to now change the subject after getting spanked doesn't do much for credibility. You asked, you received. Now maybe you can put your skepticism aside until you get the facts.

Maddow didn't target "hundreds" of congressman, she targeted Stockman. Explain how faxes to hundreds of congressman is relevant? Let me clue you in... it not, and trying to now change the subject after getting spanked doesn't do much for credibility. You asked, you received. Now maybe you can put your skepticism aside until you get the facts.

I didn't say it was relevant, but Grim said it was. See post #72

You still haven't explained why Maddow also failed to mention that the congressman immediately contacted the FBI after receiving the fax? Kind of shoots down the theory that the congressman was a friend to militias, doesn't it?

You still haven't explained why Maddow also failed to mention that the congressman immediately contacted the FBI after receiving the fax? Kind of shoots down the theory that the congressman was a friend to militias, doesn't it?
In her Monday show Maddow made a brief reference to Stockman which misstated the time he recieved the fax.

In her Wednesday show, she apologize for making the mistake. She also replayed her March 24 report about Stockman. I invite you to watch that report again - make sure you listen at the 0:50 mark. ;)

Rachel Maddow Show

Good for her. I give her kudos for setting the record straight. That was the honest and responsible thing to do. Since she had discussed that issue on a prior show and stated that the fax was received by the congressman after, not prior to the bombing, then I take her at her word when she said it was simply a mistake, rather than a conscience effort to misrepresent the truth.

As for Newsbusters, I certainly expect them to acknowledge in some way that Maddow issued a retraction... Again, that's the only right thing to do.

And on a side note pbrauer, nearly all of the accusations leveled at Glenn Beck on similar things, are a result of a misspoken word. He does his show live, and will state a fact a dozen times correctly in a 6 month period. Then one night he might misspeak and say it wrong or differently in some way, and he's attacked ruthlessly. When he or one of his staff catches one those things, and it's of major significance, he too will make a correction on air. Quite often though, the things he misspeaks about are of little significance, and have been stated correctly many, many times prior, so he won't address them. As he has said before, he knows that the people who watch his show faithfully know the truth, and it's only the internet "gotcha" bloggers and websites like Media Matters who either don't know it was just a mistake, or know it was a mistake but use it to attack him anyway. Keep that in mind the next time you or someone else attacks Beck.

Give her a cookie.

In her Monday show Maddow made a brief reference to Stockman which misstated the time he recieved the fax.

In her Wednesday show, she apologize for making the mistake. She also replayed her March 24 report about Stockman. I invite you to watch that report again - make sure you listen at the 0:50 mark. ;)

Rachel Maddow Show

It's obvious she didn't catch the error on her own, and considering the magnitude of the mistake....SHE HAD TO MAKE THE ADMISSION. Don't make her out to be some journogod now.

It's obvious she didn't catch the error on her own, and considering the magnitude of the mistake....SHE HAD TO MAKE THE ADMISSION. Don't make her out to be some journogod now.

She had to make the admission because she got some emails? You can't be serious, her audience would have never known unless she mentioned them.

Journalists are all human and make errors, the good ones correct them.

She had to make the admission because she got some emails? You can't be serious, her audience would have never known unless she mentioned them.

It was all over the place before she made the admission on air.

Are you saying that her audience is made up of robots who never find other sources of information and accept everything she says at face value without question? You must be.

Fortunately, not everyone gets all of their information from only one or two sources whose viewpoint they agree with.

I've watched Maddow and Olbermann enough to realize that anyone who continues to watch them will become closed minded, snotty little weasels like they are.

Fortunately, not everyone gets all of their information from only one or two sources whose viewpoint they agree with.
Most that religiously watch Fox and listen to 'conservative' talk radio do exactly that.

I've watched Maddow and Olbermann enough to realize that anyone who continues to watch them will become closed minded, snotty little weasels like they are.
Everyone has an opinion...

It's not about their opinion. It's about their deceptive agenda.

Most that religiously watch Fox and listen to 'conservative' talk radio do exactly that.

Apparently you think Maddow's audience does, too. But seriously, this is a stone you might be able throw one day when you don't get 95% of your information from the "serious journalists" at Media Matters.

"Rachel Maddow uses shameless lie to trash Republicans"

How serendipitous that she should turn their own weapon against them.

Apparently you think Maddow's audience does, too. But seriously, this is a stone you might be able throw one day when you don't get 95% of your information from the "serious journalists" at Media Matters.

On Monday Oct 18 Rachel Maddow misstated the time Congressman Stockman received the fax, but the time he received it was never her point. Her point was that the congressman was so extreme that he received the fax from a militia member. There was an attempt in this thread to show the fax was sent 'hundreds' of congressmen, but it's simply not credible. If it was credible, then there must be an FBI file on them as well. In fact in the Chicago Tribune story that was researched by Newsbusters Stockman says the fax was sent by a Michigan woman named Libby Malloy.

But for the FBI he writes: "On the day of the Oklahoma City bombing someone sent our office an anonymous fax which appeared to relate to that tragedy."

I realize you don't think Media Matters are journalists. I defy you to find a story by Media Matters that calls anyone a liar. They use words like 'mistated', 'baselessly' or 'falsely'; never lie or liar. They provide as much documentation as possible which includes video, audio, extensive transcripts and links to sources.

On Monday Oct 18 Rachel Maddow misstated the time Congressman Stockman received the fax, but the time he received it was never her point. Her point was that the congressman was so extreme that he received the fax from a militia member. There was an attempt in this thread to show the fax was sent 'hundreds' of congressmen, but it's simply not credible. If it was credible, then there must be an FBI file on them as well. In fact in the Chicago Tribune story that was researched by Newsbusters Stockman says the fax was sent by a Michigan woman named Libby Malloy.

But for the FBI he writes: "On the day of the Oklahoma City bombing someone sent our office an anonymous fax which appeared to relate to that tragedy."

I realize you don't think Media Matters are journalists. I defy you to find a story by Media Matters that calls anyone a liar. They use words like 'mistated', 'baselessly' or 'falsely'; never lie or liar. They provide as much documentation as possible which includes video, audio, extensive transcripts and links to sources.

Media Matters is a propaganda machine for George Soros and the looney left.

I am almost always at a loss to understand how you think your replies to me answer what I post. I really am.

It was all over the place before she made the admission on air.

Are you saying that her audience is made up of robots who never find other sources of information and accept everything she says at face value without question?

bigstockphoto_Check_Yes_431128.jpg

LIke said earlier Jack, you have an opinion. Everyone has a right to their opinion, not the facts.
However, what Jack wrote is a fact...Media Matters is a hard leftist organization funded by George Soros. Do you deny this?

However, what Jack wrote is a fact...Media Matters is a hard leftist organization funded by George Soros. Do you deny this?
"Hard leftist" is a baseless opinion of yours. And until recently hasn't received direct funds from George Soros. The reason he is giving them funds now is because of the violent rhetoric of him and the Tides Foundation from Glenn Beck.

So, what Jack wrote about Media Matters is Bull****, devoid of any facts.

"Hard leftist" is a baseless opinion of yours. And until recently hasn't received direct funds from George Soros. The reason he is giving them funds now is because of the violent rhetoric of him and the Tides Foundation from Glenn Beck.

So, what Jack wrote about Media Matters is Bull****, devoid of any facts.

About Us | Media Matters for America
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
Sounds like they are FAR RIGHT-WING nut jobs, huh

Think Progress is a George Soros operation connected to John Podesta’s Center for American Progress. Podesta is Clinton’s former chief of staff. Media Matters for America is the brainchild of a MoveOn consultant and Podesta’s Center for American Progress. Soros is a major supporter of MoveOn.
Yup. No connection to Soros there, by golly.

Media Matter’s Treasurer, Rachel Pritzker Hunter is among the Who’s Who in the George Soros $100 million clearing house known as the Democracy Alliance (DA).

Rachel Pritzker Hunter of the Hyatt Hotel Pritzkers was a DA board member after the group was created.” (Matthew Vadum James Dellinger, Capital Research Center, Canada Free Press, Jan. 10, 2008).

Missing Rachel’s membership in Democracy Alliance, which funds groups like Media Matters is a natural with hatchet man David Brock going after anything right of center out on the hustings.
Yup... nothing to see here folks... move along.

Back
Top Bottom