• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Dolezal resigns as NAACP leader amid racial identity controversy

Yet Obama deplores his White side.

She should've claimed she was blind.

It's a shame that in 2015, we have people still insisting that race is something more than just social programming.

She should throw her hat into the ring, as a GOP contender.

I change from a White Irishman into a Hispanic laborer every summer.

This has all been done before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me

So race is social construct and not a scientific one...

There is no way to prove someone is of some race because there is no official rule on what determines someone is of one race or not...If someone would like to draft one...Please stand up, and bring out the color reals and genetic tests.

Sociology is the worst of all liberal arts... they claim to be a science... and they f*** up the one thing they are good for.... Group studies are great for what they study about.... ambiguous/undefined groups.... NOT INDIVIDUALS

What a peculiar claim.

Rachel Dolezal's high school artwork used African imagery, and she applied to historically black Howard University. Her parents think the university assumed she was black.

wig·ger

/ˈwiɡər/

noun
USinformal

noun: wigger; plural noun: wiggers

a white person who tries to emulate or acquire cultural behaviour and tastes attributed to African-Americans.

When your children get a job, you don't sabotage them by challenging their qualifications publicly.

If the only way to get that job was to lie, then shame on the liar and the organization with a racial requirement.

you're blaming the parents?

:lamo

She thought NAACP stood for National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian Posers.

It's funny because many black Americans that were fair enough passed for white and no one was the wiser... so long as their past didn't catch up with them.

Goes to show you just how arbitrary race actually is.

The strangest part of this is, these days, it's not really strange at all.

from your first line, yes

"When your children get a job, you don't sabotage them by challenging their qualifications publicly."

Do you disagree with the statement?

What I have learned from this: apparently there are some on the right who want to turn this into a thing about transgendered individuals, a group for whom they have an irrational hatred. Obviously not all, but clearly some.

Why must we take two completely different things and mash them into one?

Whoever is doing that is nutz. This story has far too much meat on its own to get transgenders involved in this. Distractions are dumb. Focus on the story.

Did you know this clown sued Howard University for discrimination because she was white? Seriously.

She's a Special kind of nuts. I think she may even post here, though I'm not sure who it is, but given the special kind of nuts we attract here it wouldn't shock me at all.

She's a Special kind of nuts. I think she may even post here, though I'm not sure who it is, but given the special kind of nuts we attract here it wouldn't shock me at all.

You may have been facetious when you said this, but I've actually come across freaky people like her on interwebz message boards, including this one.

This isn't necessarily about right and left. After being exposed, Dolezal said she still thinks she's black, so one question is whether ethnicity is a state of mind. I don't wish to get into the trans-thing either, but I can see why people might see a similiarity between ethnicity and gender identity.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…