• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Race

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Does your race hold you back? Or do people just use it as another "victim" card? By that I mean an excuse as to why they fail.

As long as folks listen to Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others it will be. When people realize that no matter where they start, they can, if they really try, do anything in this country. I mean really, look who this country elected and reelected to the Presidency; a never done anything but talk real smart and say the right thing Progressive who has done everything he can to "fundamentally" change this country.

Does your race hold you back? Or do people just use it as another "victim" card? By that I mean an excuse as to why they fail.

Our sucky school models in inner-city neighborhoods hold people back. With an education, all things are possible in this country -- even if you're green.

Well, I HAVE had minorities promoted over me who were at least debatably less qualified and/or junior to me, due to affirmative action... but I usually don't make a fuss over it. Instead I just fume and grumble in private. :)

I'm an Anglo-Saxon White Male...so no. Being white and male is probably about as good of a genetic leg up as you can get in this world.

To clarify: I am not saying white people are actually better, just that we have an easier time in life.

Blacks depend on this governement to give them what they need to survive then call it racsist when they lose they welfare check at the race track. As long as this nation agrees to apologize to a race of people that constantly demand apologies for their own short comings and inadequacies then we will remain in a perpetual pitfall. No one can argue to fact that they complain more of being mistreated than they do bragging about their achievements and strides toward a better life. As long one woman feels free to have several offspring while having no means to support them and give them a home where they can live without fear of being murdered on a daily basis blacks will die by their own hands. The outrageous crime statistis in Chicago support to the letter what I write here. Living in poverty and having children with no father and income and education should be called second degree murder. There is NO SOLUTION to this way of living.

As long as folks listen to Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others it will be. When people realize that no matter where they start, they can, if they really try, do anything in this country. I mean really, look who this country elected and reelected to the Presidency; a never done anything but talk real smart and say the right thing Progressive who has done everything he can to "fundamentally" change this country.

Yes ... it's POSSIBLE, but it's much easier for a white person than it is for a black person ...

I mean technically in the USSR it was possible for soemone to get voted into office without the backing of the communist party, that doesn't mean that in practice the country wasn't run by the communist party.

Possibility doesn't change institutional power.

Instead of saying "is this just an excuse," why not look at the actual institutional differences and internal racism that may or may not have an effect.

Blacks depend on this governement to give them what they need to survive then call it racsist when they lose they welfare check at the race track.
:lamo :2rofll:

But not to stoop to stereotype. Oh ****. :rofl

Our sucky school models in inner-city neighborhoods hold people back. With an education, all things are possible in this country -- even if you're green.

Meh, it's a bit of the two-way: We tie school funding into local taxes so poor areas have schools that are often underfunded and lack opportunities of more affluent ones, and African Americans have a general distrust of civil authority (understandably so), institutions, and a generational lack of education within their communities

For instance, the achievement gap between black and white students doesn't simply dissipate when we correct for things like parental education and income, and African american parents generally don't engage into things like reading to their children. The only time we really see a closing of the achievement gap is when we look at AA children who are adopted into white families.

Last edited:

Much of what holds them back is their own culture. Give me some obedient students, decade old textbooks and a chalkboard and I can sufficiently teach any math course. If the parents aren't required to guide their kids then let me turn school into a boot camp.

Someday hopefully,white,protestant males of northern European ancestry like myself can catch a break.

Back
Top Bottom