• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Race Relations" and "Race war"

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This post is inspired by somethign I read last night that about 99.9% of people were making fun of. It was a thread that opened up based on the false statement of "Now that we are at the start of race wars" The vast majority of posters just laughed at this nonsense and most said thats where they stopped reading and rightly so. LOL

Anyway Race Relations in this country are better than they have ever been in the couple decades i've been on this planet and they are better than they have ever been in the history of the nation.

in REALITY, NORMAL, EVERYDAY people have less issues with race than ever before. Its amazing and inspiring really.
Actually equal rights and protecting the rights of others along the issues of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc is better than its ever been before and thats also amazing.

Normal everyday people mostly dont care at all about that stuff, far more than when i was younger and vastly less than before my time, thats a fact. Its all hype and fluff.

But in a way that is also the issue.

Because equal rights is spreading, and spreading fast on many matters its driving the nutters in sane. Issues like race, gender, sexual orientation and religion etc are less volatile than they have ever been and the nutters are losing their minds.

Only the people that always had a problem with that stuff still do and now its even a bigger issue because they know they are losing.
Its only the nutters losing their minds NOT normal everyday people.

The secondary issue is the MEDIA and how they cover it, hype it and spin it and unfortunately thats how our media is today . . . ratings and sensationalism

The third "fluffer" are nutters from other arguments joining the lunacy, nutters on gun issues, nutters on equal rights (sexual orientation issues), nutters on immigration, nutters against obama, partisan nutters in general and nutters against muslims all spin this issue and try to make them relate. see the shooting of the night club. Was it about gay hate, muslim hate of gays, letting muslims into the country, a gun issue, an obama and divisive issue etc etc So many had their own little nonsensical spin on it. Same with the shooting in texas, its race, its the cops, its about guns, its about lefties, its about righties, its about divisive obama, its about a police state etc etc Watching this circus is hilarious and sad at the same time. Watching those get so emotional and spiral nonsensically out of control, sadly there will probably be at least one poster here that does it.

The fourth fluffer are the people that actually find themselves buying into the hype and spreading it based on one angle or another. I know sometimes thats hard, we have probably all been victim to hype on one issue or another but that's what it is, hype.

so between the nutters, the media, the people that buy their false narrative and hype it SEEMS like there is some issue that is manufactured to appear much larger that it is. Its hyped to seem like its NEW and BIGGER but the reality is its smaller and better than ever on avg. :shrug:

Good luck to the minority living in or giving life to the hype. Ill be living in reality where race relations and other relations (gender, religion, sexual orientation etc) are the best they have ever been in my lifetime and in the history of the country.

Stick together people and don't buy the hype. Block it out and do what you can to prove the nutters and those who buy it wrong. If not, unfortunately you are part of the problem and helping the hyperbole.

This post is inspired by somethign I read last night that about 99.9% of people were making fun of. It was a thread that opened up based on the false statement of "Now that we are at the start of race wars" The vast majority of posters just laughed at this nonsense and most said thats where they stopped reading and rightly so. LOL

Anyway Race Relations in this country are better than they have ever been in the couple decades i've been on this planet and they are better than they have ever been in the history of the nation.

in REALITY, NORMAL, EVERYDAY people have less issues with race than ever before. Its amazing and inspiring really.
Actually equal rights and protecting the rights of others along the issues of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc is better than its ever been before and thats also amazing.

Normal everyday people mostly dont care at all about that stuff, far more than when i was younger and vastly less than before my time, thats a fact. Its all hype and fluff.

But in a way that is also the issue.

Because equal rights is spreading, and spreading fast on many matters its driving the nutters in sane. Issues like race, gender, sexual orientation and religion etc are less volatile than they have ever been and the nutters are losing their minds.

Only the people that always had a problem with that stuff still do and now its even a bigger issue because they know they are losing.
Its only the nutters losing their minds NOT normal everyday people.

The secondary issue is the MEDIA and how they cover it, hype it and spin it and unfortunately thats how our media is today . . . ratings and sensationalism

The third "fluffer" are nutters from other arguments joining the lunacy, nutters on gun issues, nutters on equal rights (sexual orientation issues), nutters on immigration, nutters against obama, partisan nutters in general and nutters against muslims all spin this issue and try to make them relate. see the shooting of the night club. Was it about gay hate, muslim hate of gays, letting muslims into the country, a gun issue, an obama and divisive issue etc etc So many had their own little nonsensical spin on it. Same with the shooting in texas, its race, its the cops, its about guns, its about lefties, its about righties, its about divisive obama, its about a police state etc etc Watching this circus is hilarious and sad at the same time. Watching those get so emotional and spiral nonsensically out of control, sadly there will probably be at least one poster here that does it.

The fourth fluffer are the people that actually find themselves buying into the hype and spreading it based on one angle or another. I know sometimes thats hard, we have probably all been victim to hype on one issue or another but that's what it is, hype.

so between the nutters, the media, the people that buy their false narrative and hype it SEEMS like there is some issue that is manufactured to appear much larger that it is. Its hyped to seem like its NEW and BIGGER but the reality is its smaller and better than ever on avg. :shrug:

Good luck to the minority living in or giving life to the hype. Ill be living in reality where race relations and other relations (gender, religion, sexual orientation etc) are the best they have ever been in my lifetime and in the history of the country.

Stick together people and don't buy the hype. Block it out and do what you can to prove the nutters and those who buy it wrong. If not, unfortunately you are part of the problem and helping the hyperbole.

Exactly. There is no race war going on. Like I said before, that's just Charles Manson-esque BS.

If I ever see any of my friends, Black, White, Filipino get messed with by some bigots............It will be the day they wish they were not born.

I have zero freaking tolerance for people like that.

Last edited:
If I ever see any of my friends, Black, White, Filipino get messed with by some bigots............It will be the day they wish they were not born.

While I believe totally in tolerance and probably to an extent quite unusual, I find the idea of of equal for nutters to use the OP's favorite word. People are not equal and they do not have equal rights, because they are different. It is a euphemism and points us in a very dangerous direction as we see, when two bigots can destroy a baker for not baking them their special cake.

While I believe totally in tolerance and probably to an extent quite unusual, I find the idea of of equal for nutters to use the OP's favorite word. People are not equal and they do not have equal rights, because they are different. It is a euphemism and points us in a very dangerous direction as we see, when two bigots can destroy a baker for not baking them their special cake.

good thing that based on this topic that factually doesnt happen in america :)
(thank you for a PERFECT example of dishonesty, Hype and Fluff, AWESOME)

Exactly. There is no race war going on. Like I said before, that's just Charles Manson-esque BS.

100% correct!
its also fantasy and propaganda that driven by those that would love one or easily believe the hype and fluff.

and thats just it, the majority of people are like you nowadays, its not the opposite of that. Its just the nutters get the attention and they are the squeaky wheel.

and thats just it, the majority of people are like you nowadays, its not the opposite of that. Its just the nutters get the attention and they are the squeaky wheel.

The majority of people have always been like that. Virtually everywhere in the world. Being in the group called "friends" or "family" trumps any other group membership.

The majority of people have always been like that. Virtually everywhere in the world. Being in the group called "friends" or "family" trumps any other group membership.

no not always, because the difference is many more people now than in history or even when i was younger didnt allow "others" based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc to be in the group of friends or family

that has changed a good bit in my lifetime and is better than its ever been.

no not always, because the difference is many more people now than in history or even when i was younger didnt allow "others" based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc to be in the group of friends or family

I'm betting the pendulum swings both ways, but I have to agree.

What you say is true. However it is slightly Americancentric (if that's a word).

There are many parts of the world where tribalism is alive and well. Members of tribe A just do not like members of tribe B and have all kinds of reasons to show why the other tribe is just not to be trusted. Being born into that tribe means you are inherently deficient as a human being.

The fact is the more we know, and intermingle, with one another, the less problems we have with the 'other'. In America, the exposure to others has been going on for years. The longer this happens and the more we have relationships with each other the less incidents of bigotry we will see.

America is on the right road. It is a long road, keep on truckin.

I'm betting the pendulum swings both ways, but I have to agree.

oh there are many things that are "roller coaster" and "pendulum", I agree. Thats a valid point for many things in general.

But race relations wont be one of them and history proves that. While its sad how long it took, i think it was around 2005 when 75+% of the country was ok with interracial marriage compared too 1965 when 75% were against it.

Now I agree there may be slow downs or even pauses at worse a 1-2% dip but it will never justify people saying things are moving backwards or the worse they have been. thats nonsensical. (not saying YOU suggested that just saying in general)

1.)What you say is true. However it is slightly Americancentric (if that's a word).
2.)There are many parts of the world where tribalism is alive and well. Members of tribe A just do not like members of tribe B and have all kinds of reasons to show why the other tribe is just not to be trusted. Being born into that tribe means you are inherently deficient as a human being.
3.) The fact is the more we know, and intermingle, with one another, the less problems we have with the 'other'. In America, the exposure to others has been going on for years. The longer this happens and the more we have relationships with each other the less incidents of bigotry we will see.
4.)America is on the right road.
5.)It is a long road, keep on truckin.

1.) correct that's why i said in my country
2.) yes other parts of the world may be different and tribalism is not racism, it CAN be but they are not equal.
3.) agreed, the more exposure the more education and the less ignorance and free.
4.) I agree here too, the only thing a little frustrating is that again for america, i think we are behind on some of these issue. We should be the example IMO and we are not.
5.) thanks we will!

oh there are many things that are "roller coaster" and "pendulum", I agree. Thats a valid point for many things in general.

But race relations wont be one of them and history proves that. While its sad how long it took, i think it was around 2005 when 75+% of the country was ok with interracial marriage compared too 1965 when 75% were against it.

Now I agree there may be slow downs or even pauses at worse a 1-2% dip but it will never justify people saying things are moving backwards or the worse they have been. thats nonsensical. (not saying YOU suggested that just saying in general)

I admire your optimism.

I admire your optimism.

thanks but im just going on trends history and evidence.
If i see somethign sound that suggest otherwise, trust me, ill be one of the first to acknowledge it.

good thing that based on this topic that factually doesnt happen in america :)
(thank you for a PERFECT example of dishonesty, Hype and Fluff, AWESOME)

That's what they always say.

That's what they always say.

Translation: you have ZERO facts to back up your false claims, fluff and hype LMAO
Thats what I though :2wave:

:popcorn2:

Translation: you have ZERO facts to back up your false claims, fluff and hype LMAO
Thats what I though :2wave:

You seem to use that accusation as a last resort in so widely, when there is nothing to say nor has been said, that one gets the feeling that it might be a problem with your code.

You seem to use that accusation as a last resort in so widely, when there is nothing to say nor has been said, that one gets the feeling that it might be a problem with your code.

Translation: you have yet to present ONE single fact that proves your failed claim LMAO
Please do so in your next post, thanks!

Found this, its great advice to those who are lost out there

love.jpg

Pretty sure that was rhetorical hyperbole. Kind of like the accusations we've all seen about a supposed R-team "war on women." LOL

From just two explicitly race-related incidents in your country in the past 13 months (Charlestown and Dallas) there've been 14 deaths, I believe? Some people in the BLM movement would declare that there've been literally scores if not hundreds of deaths related to race each year. A number of people hurled scorn and ridicule due to a single off-handed comment in a non-partisan and otherwise thought-provoking OP. I wonder how many of those same people have passed without comment, or even themselves used or cheered the hyper-partisan "war on women" rhetoric?

Is that how social progress and tolerance works, in your view? Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a nutter?

I'm about as 'progressive' as they come, and yet I have conservative Christian relatives who I love and respect. I am able to recognise and accept that different people have had different educations, life experiences and value systems. Intolerant people like you - or at least, like you are coming across in this post - give liberals and progressives a bad name.

Why are you ignoring the biggest and most obvious players in all this? Something like 90% of African American voters support the D-team, don't they? Vastly more than any other ethnic group, anyways. Is that because black people are just inherently different from other American citizens, do you suppose?

Or are there some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support; and if so, is it not clearly and obviously the case that the D-team has a vested interest in perpetuating those circumstances or perspectives?

And yet in that other thread you've mentioned it seemed evident that posters were forced to go back over twenty years to find an example (LA riots) comparable to all the unrest since the Fergusson riots and growth of the Black Lives Matter movement.

If you think that there are 'nutters' upset at how fast things are changing - which is certainly true - are you also willing to acknowledge that there are other nutters upset to find that there weren't dramatic visible improvements within the first few years of having a black President?

Presumably you will agree that the pace of social change will never suit everyone's ideal; and presumably you will also agree that those who want it to progress faster can be just as vitriolic and even violent as those who wish it were slower?

Last edited:
Why are you ignoring the biggest and most obvious players in all this? Something like 90% of African American voters support the D-team, don't they? Vastly more than any other ethnic group, anyways. Is that because black people are just inherently different from other American citizens, do you suppose?

Or are there some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support; and if so, is it not clearly and obviously the case that the D-team has a vested interest in perpetuating those circumstances or perspectives?

To answer that last question affirmatively requires a belief that the overwhelming majority of black people are too stupid to accurately determine their own best interests.

To answer that last question affirmatively requires a belief that the overwhelming majority of black people are too stupid to accurately determine their own best interests.

You didn't answer the first part of the question (or the question before it): Is it because black people are just inherently different from other American citizens? Or are there some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support?

If there are some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support, please explain why you believe that political strategists would not see an advantage to perpetuating them?

All it requires is a belief that political strategists think their rhetoric and machinations work - and that is an indisputable fact.

It's not like we're talking about a 55 or 60% preference for the D-team here. It's an overwhelming preference. And if that preference is not caused by skin pigmentation (which, let's face it, is absurd on the face of it), it must be caused by other circumstances.

If those circumstances were removed, we'd expect African American support for the D-team to eventually move a lot closer to the norms of other groups.

Therefore Democrat strategists have a huge vested interest in maintaining those circumstances or perspectives as long as possible (whatever they may be), for as long as they can keep pretending that the slow rate of progress isn't really their fault.

Why would the African American community fall for such a ploy? Why would working class Republicans fall for far right-wing/Tea Party rhetoric? I guess you've outlined your theory above?

You didn't answer the first part of the question (or the question before it): Is it because black people are just inherently different from other American citizens? Or are there some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support?

If there are some socio-economic circumstances or political perspectives which motivate that level of support, please explain why you believe that political strategists would not see an advantage to perpetuating them?

It's because blacks have been treated differently. And as I've already answered, there is no advantage for Dems to perpetuate that treatment unless one thinks that black people are too stupid to determine their own best interests (a point you haven't addressed)

Back
Top Bottom