• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Race Perspective...It is all Black and White!

Diving Mullah

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Ten charts show how the U.S. has changed for the better since MLK’s speech

By Brad Plumer, Published: August 28 at 4:12 pmE-mail the writer

Earlier today, to mark the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, we posted a series of charts showing that the economic gap between whites and blacks hasn’t really narrowed over the last 50 years. In some cases — like the wealth gap — it’s actually widened.
Yet by other metrics, there has been a striking amount of racial progress in the United States since 1963. That’s worth noting too:

clip_image0021.jpg

VotingRightsAct.png

Screen-Shot-2013-08-28-at-3.00.08-PM.jpg

more at

Ten charts show how the U.S. has changed for the better since MLK

So Back Then I am sure they were critics that said MLK is playing Race Card or he is causing a rift between black and white! Or the more we talk about it the worst it gets....

So my question...when we talk about it then and things got better now...why shouldn't we talk about it now and to things keep improving?

Diving Mullah

Last edited:
We've (blacks and whites) have come so far, but people would rather focus on the negatives!

Talking about it and politicizing it are two different things.

When those on the left including Obama and Clinton want to stop using the race issue for Political Capital then I suspect we can start a " Conversation".

We've (blacks and whites) have come so far, but people would rather focus on the negatives!

In order to progress to civility one must acknowledge the problem and continually acknowledge it and improve the condition until that problem no longer exists.

Cue the "more you know" theme music.

When those on the left including Obama and Clinton want to stop using the race issue for Political Capital then I suspect we can start a " Conversation".

Care to explain how Obama is using the race issue?

The moment 'race' was conceptualised, it was political. It could be nothing other. Regardless, there's never any point at which dialogue should be suspended.

Back
Top Bottom