• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RACE CARD FAIL: CNN analyst accused radio host David Webb of 'white privilege.' Webb is Black

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Then, in the "When in a hole, stop digging" category, she accused her staff of not "preparing her properly" for not including her host's skin color.

Yeah...because that's what's "important"...right?

More blatant RACISM from the RACE-OBSESSED LEFT....

CNN analyst Areva Martin accused radio host David Webb of 'white privilege.' Webb is black

During a guest radio appearance, a CNN legal analyst said the show's host, who is black, has benefited from "white privilege."

According to a clip posted to Twitter, Webb details his rise in the media, saying he always saw his qualifications as a more important issue than his color.

"Well, David, that’s a whole 'nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have the privilege of," said Martin.

When Webb asks how he benefits, Martin said it's "by virtue of being a white male."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-black-radio-host-white-privilege/2590841002/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

race card stop it.jpg

Then, in the "When in a hole, stop digging" category, she accused her staff of not "preparing her properly" for not including her host's skin color.

CNN analyst Areva Martin accused radio host David Webb of 'white privilege.' Webb is black

During a guest radio appearance, a CNN legal analyst said the show's host, who is black, has benefited from "white privilege."

According to a clip posted to Twitter, Webb details his rise in the media, saying he always saw his qualifications as a more important issue than his color.

"Well, David, that’s a whole 'nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have the privilege of," said Martin.

When Webb asks how he benefits, Martin said it's "by virtue of being a white male."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-black-radio-host-white-privilege/2590841002/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 67248075

these liberals are such twits. how "intellectual" of him.

View attachment 67248075

Another stupid leftist liberal seditious commie CNN analyst reveals the innate racism ingrained in the typical leftist liberal psyche.

Re: CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Priviledge

The made up term has been abused from it's inception.

Embarrassing gaff no doubt. If people abuse the term white privilege it will lose all meaning.

It doesn't have any meaning, to begin with.

This is another example of Leftist racism.

A popular, successful talk show host? Well, he MUST be white. Right?

This isn't racism it's conservativism or foxism. The assumption here is that if any Fox News analyst would be arguing against things like Affirmative Action or in support of Donald Trump then there is almost no way that person is African American. That is a fairly logical conclusion actually because if you're African American you'd have to be a complete moron to be doing any of those things.

So, in this case, she was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was white because at least in that case his thinking could easily be biased by his upbringing. Unfortunately for her, it turns out that this Webb guy is just a massive idiot.

This isn't racism it's conservativism or foxism. The assumption here is that if any Fox News analyst would be arguing against things like Affirmative Action or in support of Donald Trump then there is almost no way that person is African American. That is a fairly logical conclusion actually because if you're African American you'd have to be a complete moron to be doing any of those things.

So, in this case, she was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was white because at least in that case his thinking could easily be biased by his upbringing. Unfortunately for her, it turns out that this Webb guy is just a massive idiot.

Well if anyone has a personal and intimate understanding of what makes someone a complete moron and massive idiot it is you. There is no excuse for this except laziness or trying to advance a false narrative regardless of the facts.

Jabberwocky.

There is no excuse for this except laziness

Certainly, it's a mistake, and she should be embarrassed by it, but comparing it to actual racism is insulting. This was an honest mistake and given the reality that 90% of African Americans have supported Democrats for over 40 years now it's not a super difficult mistake to make.

Another stupid leftist liberal seditious commie CNN analyst reveals the innate racism ingrained in the typical leftist liberal psyche.

It would seem.

Certainly, it's a mistake, and she should be embarrassed by it, but comparing it to actual racism is insulting. This was an honest mistake and given the reality that 90% of African Americans have supported Democrats for over 40 years now it's not a super difficult mistake to make.

I would say the bolded is a fair statement. However it does fit the new broader use of racism we seem thrown around these forums. If it was a Fox personality whom had made a similar honest mistake, based on your postings at this site, I doubt you would be as forgiving and you would be one of the top four people who would eagerly apply racism.

Moderator's Warning:
Same topic, same source, same forum. Threads merged.

View attachment 67248075

Now wonder CNN is in the ratings cellar.

I just came across an article on this. Now that is a hilarious fail.

OP had to occlude it with his own sorry failures. But whoever that CNN analyst is.....all I got is :lamo

Last edited:

1. People can reasonably hold views you consider unreasonable based on their identity. To be honest, I really don't see much of a difference between making a negative stereotyped assumption about a black person's character because they're black, and assuming that any black person who doesn't agree with certain things is a "massive idiot". They're both saying skin color leads to X. In one case it's skin color --> character, in the other it's skin color --> choice between required beliefs and idiocy.

I know it's a dig, but...yeah. That.

You really don't have to be for affirmative action if you're black, for example. Anecdote: I'm Jewish, which actually is a smaller minority (6.5 millionish Jews in the country, 37 million black people). I generally avoided checking available boxes, not because I was worried about anti-semetic prejudice (maybe I should have been, but my last name kind of gives it away anyway), but because I didn't want an advantage. I would be quite pissed if someone told me that since I'm a Jew, I must think X or Y about the Israel-Palestine-Arab world debacle or else be an idiot, or told that if checking off a "Jewish" box meant I had an AA advantage (I never actually checked, truth be told) and therefore I would be stupid to be against it.

2. She face-planted. Hard.

I don't care if her people gave her the wrong info. If I'm a talking head and I think I might have an opportunity to tell someone about white privilege, I'm sure as hell going to make sure that person is white first. That was a self-goal, and a bad one at that.

Last edited:

I would say the bolded is a fair statement. However it does fit the new broader use of racism we seem thrown around these forums. If it was a Fox personality whom had made a similar honest mistake, based on your postings at this site, I doubt you would be as forgiving and you would be one of the top four people who would eagerly apply racism.

LOL, "we"?

"We" don't have a problem "throwing around" that term inappropriately...nor, for that matter, simply understanding what racism is.

However, YOU (and your ilk) certainly do.

LOL, "we"?

"We" don't have a problem "throwing around" that term inappropriately...nor, for that matter, simply understanding what racism is.

Yeah. Right. By all means, please DEFINE "RACISM" for "our ilk".

everything is racist.jpg

LOL, "we"?

Ok show me a time I've misused the term in your opinion

Back
Top Bottom