• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RACE CARD FAIL: CNN analyst accused radio host David Webb of 'white privilege.' Webb is Black

Re: CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Priviledge

This isn't racism it's conservativism or foxism. The assumption here is that if any Fox News analyst would be arguing against things like Affirmative Action or in support of Donald Trump then there is almost no way that person is African American. That is a fairly logical conclusion actually because if you're African American you'd have to be a complete moron to be doing any of those things.

So, in this case, she was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was white because at least in that case his thinking could easily be biased by his upbringing. Unfortunately for her, it turns out that this Webb guy is just a massive idiot.

You really shouldn't be so racist. Just because someone is a minority doesn't mean you know better than they do what is best for them. You have got to learn to treat them as equals.

Next, I suppose he's going to try and tell us that circles appear in nature.

imagesT1GWLRM4.jpg

BlkEzTEIIAAz_yd.jpg

bigstock-water-drop-close-up-with-conce-67966339.jpg

iceuntitled.jpg

Ok show me a time I've misused the term in your opinion

Your wingnut credentials are well established. So I'm not interested in perusing through your history. There's an easier way. Do you think white privilege and white entitlement are racist terms? Subsequent questions will be based upon your response.

Yeah. Right. By all means, please DEFINE "RACISM" for "our ilk".

View attachment 67248227

Wrong question. I'm not the one who misuses that term daily on this board. You are. I'm not the person who plays the pathetic white-victimhood card daily on this baord. You are. So the challenge is for YOU to define "racism", and then be prepared to engage in a substantice discussion of your response (and your views) afterward.

Your history here suggests that you don't have the intellectual chops...or, perhaps, the stones...to do that.

We'll see....

Your wingnut credentials are well established. So I'm not interested in perusing through your history. There's an easier way. Do you think white privilege and white entitlement are racist terms?

So the challenge is for YOU to define "racism", and then be prepared to engage in a substantice discussion of your response (and your views) afterward.

Whatever word you want to use to describe an insistence on categorizing people according to the color of their skin, that's what the notion of "white privilege" is. I consider it "racist" because racism stems from this tribalist tendency to divide and categorize people according to superficial characteristics. But if you want to get dictionary-pedantic about definitions, racism usually involves a sense of superiority in one's own race. People pushing this "white privilege" crap do not necessarily believe in racial superiority, but they are hellbent on maintaining race-based differentiation/categorization.

When you have an ideology that insists on continuously differentiating people according to skin color, gathering data based on those categories, and then weaponizing the findings of differences for political gain, it's clear that any stated desire to eliminate racial prejudice and differentiation is insincere. The ideology seeks to maintain racial differentiation. And when that's the case, you end up with bull**** doublespeak like this: Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

Whatever word you want to use to describe an insistence on categorizing people according to the color of their skin, that's what the notion of "white privilege" is. I consider it "racist" because racism stems from this tribalist tendency to divide and categorize people according to superficial characteristics.

Even if one accepts this argument (and it's a silly argument), that's still a very poor analogy. An acorn "stems" from an oak tree...but that doesn't make it a tree. "Racist" means something. "Racism" means something. You cannot redefine already well-defined terms to fit your political/ideological biases. Siamilarly, it "White Privilege" is real, and it really doens't matter if you don't agree. In fact, in most instances, people who believe "white privilege" is "racist against white people"...quickly go on to demonstrate one of the basic tenents of White Privilege (i.e the unconscious or subconscious nature of it).

But if you want to get dictionary-pedantic about definitions, racism usually involves a sense of superiority in one's own race.

I wasn't being pedantic, at all. And this stuff is not arbitrary. It's well-defined, throughly studied Social Science. That said, if you want to go there, racism "usually" involves some kind of action predicated upon existing social/political/cultural institutions and/or power, rather than just ugly/offensive words or thoughts. That's one way to differentiate "racism" from "bigotry". That does NOT, however, whites cannot be victimized by racism (as so many ignorant people argue). It simply means that most people (especially most white people who score highest on racial resentment tests) misuse and misrepresent the words "racism" and "racist".

People pushing this "white privilege" crap do not necessarily believe in racial superiority, but they are hellbent on maintaining race-based differentiation/categorization.
This is just a silly personal opinion that (unless you are prepared to back up with some objective data or arguments) does not merit a serious rebuttal. So, barring some more substantive elaboration on your part...let's just agree that your unsubstantiated personal opinions do not constitute substantive arguments, ok?

When you have an ideology that insists on continuously differentiating people according to skin color, gathering data based on those categories, and then weaponizing the findings of differences for political gain, it's clear that any stated desire to eliminate racial prejudice and differentiation is insincere. The ideology seeks to maintain racial differentiation. And when that's the case, you end up with bull**** doublespeak like this: Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

The only thing made clear by your argument, above, is that YOUR ideology is what drives your thinking. Your entire premise (i.e. that recognizing color is simply a way to "weaponize" it for political gain).....is nonsense. It's the kind of nonsense that we always see from right wingers with a lot of resentment issues. Simply put, anyone...and I mean ANYONE...who professes to "not see color", is a liar. EVERYONE see color. What the whole "white privilege is racist against whtie people" crowd don't seem to be able to get through your brains is that recognizing color/race is NOT the same as being a racist. Only conservatives with a lot of resentment issues pretend to be "color blind", as if skin color is somehow different than any other phenotype. It's just a transparently DUMB position to take.

The only way to get beyond race and/or to reduce racism as issues in a society is to proactively acknowledge race and racism. Pretending that race/racism is not a factor in society...and pretending to "not see race" are dead giveaways about the state of mind of the person/people expressing those idiotic thoughts. Everyone knows you're lying when you say it....even YOU know it. Conservatives have GOT to become more comfortable discussing issues of race in public.

Last edited:

Even if one accepts this argument (and it's a silly argument), that's still a very poor analogy. An acorn "stems" from an oak tree...but that doesn't make it a tree. "Racist" means something. "Racism" means something. You cannot redefine already well-defined terms to fit your political/ideological biases. Siamilarly, it "White Privilege" is real, and it really doens't matter if you don't agree. In fact, in most instances, people who believe "white privilege" is "racist against white people"...quickly go on to demonstrate one of the basic tenents of White Privilege (i.e the unconscious or subconscious nature of it).

I wasn't being pedantic, at all. And this stuff is not arbitrary. It's well-defined, throughly studied Social Science. That said, if you want to go there, racism "usually" involves some kind of action predicated upon existing social/political/cultural institutions and/or power, rather than just ugly/offensive words or thoughts. That's one way to differentiate "racism" from "bigotry". That does NOT, however, whites cannot be victimized by racism (as so many ignorant people argue). It simply means that most people (especially most white people who score highest on racial resentment tests) misuse and misrepresent the words "racism" and "racist".

This is just a silly personal opinion that (unless you are prepared to back up with some objective data or arguments) does not merit a serious rebuttal. So, barring some more substantive elaboration on your part...let's just agree that your unsubstantiated personal opinions do not constitute substantive arguments, ok?

The only thing made clear by your argument, above, is that YOUR ideology is what drives your thinking. Your entire premise (i.e. that recognizing color is simply a way to "weaponize" it for political gain).....is nonsense. It's the kind of nonsense that we always see from right wingers with a lot of resentment issues. Simply put, anyone...and I mean ANYONE...who professes to "not see color", is a liar. EVERYONE see color. What the whole "white privilege is racist against whtie people" crowd don't seem to be able to get through your brains is that recognizing color/race is NOT the same as being a racist. Only conservatives with a lot of resentment issues pretend to be "color blind", as if skin color is somehow different than any other phenotype. It's just a transparently DUMB position to take.

The only way to get beyond race and/or to reduce racism as issues in a society is to proactively acknowledge race and racism. Pretending that race/racism is not a factor in society...and pretending to "not see race" are dead giveaways about the state of mind of the person/people expressing those idiotic thoughts. Everyone knows you're lying when you say it....even YOU know it. Conservatives have GOT to become more comfortable discussing issues of race in public.

1) Whatever you want to call the insistence on analyzing society's problems by first grouping people according to their skin color, that's what "white privilege" exemplifies. You object to me calling it "racist," so what type of word would you prefer to describe myopic race-based analysis and generalizations?

2) Refusing to accept and nod along with a politically- and racially-charged ideology is not in and of itself an ideology.

3) The concept of "white privilege" is not a mere recognition that skin color exists. It is a much more charged term than that.

4) No one is self-righteously professing to be colorblind.

1) Whatever you want to call the insistence on analyzing society's problems by first grouping people according to their skin color, that's what "white privilege" exemplifies. You object to me calling it "racist," so what type of word would you prefer to describe myopic race-based analysis and generalizations?

2) Refusing to accept and nod along with a politically- and racially-charged ideology is not in and of itself an ideology.

3) The concept of "white privilege" is not a mere recognition that skin color exists. It is a much more charged term than that.

4) No one is self-righteously professing to be colorblind.

1. I call your argument exactly what it is....a Strawman. There is no 'insistence". There is only a rather pathetic collective effort to play the victim card by a certain faction of the right wing public.

2. It's absolutely lindicative of your ideology. Do not misrepresent my words.

3. The concept of white privilege has NEVER been defined as "merely recognizing that skin color exists"........and NO ONE has ever even suggested such. So why would you do that? Again, do not misrepresent my words. If you want to rephrase my stated opinions, just quote me; because it's clear to me that you're either not good a paraphrasing...or you're intentionally misrepresenting my remarks and hoping to get away with it. If you'd like to discuss exactly what "white privilege" is....or how it manifests in society...just let me know. But we're not going to debate any of your Strawmen on this board, ok?

4. That's good. Most conservatives just love to pretend they are "color blind"...cherry-pick and/or misrepresent MLK quotes, etc.. It just comes with that far-right mindset, apparently. If you're not among that faction, good for you. But you are a conservative who misuses and misrepresents "racist"and "racism". Anyone who believes the term "white privilege" is "racist"...is someone who either doesn't understand what "racist"/"racism" means....or someone who just likes to play the white victimhood card because it's easier than articulating a cogent defense of their point of view.

Bottom line: White privilege is a real, and pervasive phenomenon in our society. Furthermore, trying to label it "racist" only "labels the labeler" as someone who doesn't understand what racism is, or what it looks like. And that reality is not contingent upon acceptance from resentful white conservatives with victim complexes.

Last edited:

Wrong question. I'm not the one who misuses that term daily on this board. You (i.e. Grokmaster) are. I'm not the person who plays the pathetic white-victimhood card daily on this baord. You are. So the challenge is for YOU to define "racism", and then be prepared to engage in a substantice discussion of your response (and your views) afterward.

Your history here suggests that you don't have the intellectual chops...or, perhaps, the stones...to do that.

We'll see....

It's been several days now, Grok. You (and Chillfolks) seem to have tucked tail and run away....again.

Looks like I was correct in my assumption about you, both LOL.:lamo

1. I call your argument exactly what it is....a Strawman. There is no 'insistence". There is only a rather pathetic collective effort to play the victim card by a certain faction of the right wing public.

No one needs to use the term "white privilege." It's unnecessary.

3. The concept of white privilege has NEVER been defined as "merely recognizing that skin color exists"........and NO ONE has ever even suggested such. So why would you do that? Again, do not misrepresent my words.

Twice you said "recognizing skin color." This is about a concept called "white privilege." Those are different things, and we're talking about the latter ("white privilege").

If you'd like to discuss exactly what "white privilege" is....or how it manifests in society...just let me know. But we're not going to debate any of your Strawmen on this board, ok?

I've made no straw men. The topic is "white privilege." I'm saying it's a politically- and ideologically-charged term and we no one should be required to discuss race issues in a way that legitimizes this particular term.

4. That's good. Most conservatives just love to pretend they are "color blind"

Says who? You, because it fits with your rhetoric? Most liberals are closet-Marxists. See how easy that was for me to say?

But you are a conservative who misuses and misrepresents "racist"and "racism". Anyone who believes the term "white privilege" is "racist"...is someone who either doesn't understand what "racist"/"racism" means....or someone who just likes to play the white victimhood card because it's easier than articulating a cogent defense of their point of view.

I freely admitted racism usually connotes belief in superiority of one race over another. But I am willing to generalize the term a little bit to extend the proclivity to consistently put people into groups based on their skin color and generalizations about those skin-color groups. I also invited you (et. al) to provide another term that describes this behavior (consistently grouping and generalizing people by skin color). No suggestions have been provided yet.

Bottom line: White privilege is a real, and pervasive phenomenon in our society.

Politically-biased worldviews/lenses/agendas are real, and ones that fully and uncritically embrace terms like "white privilege" are one example of this.

Back
Top Bottom