• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Race-based claims thrown out in discrimination lawsuit against Paula Deen

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Celebrity chef Paula Deen scored a legal victory Monday when a federal judge threw out race discrimination claims against her by a former Savannah restaurant manager, whose lawsuit has already cost the celebrity cook a valuable chunk of her culinary empire.

Lisa Jackson sued Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, last year saying she suffered from sexual harassment and racially offensive talk and employment practices that were unfair to black workers during her five years as a manager of Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House. Deen is co-owner of the restaurant, which is primarily run by her brother.

Read more: Race-based claims thrown out in discrimination lawsuit against Paula Deen | Fox News

so the law suit that cost Paula Deen her career gets thrown out of court

its a bitch when you have a witch hunt and a burning then you find out it wasn't a witch you burnt

Do you think all her endorsements will be coming back? I hope you race baiters are happy for destroying an innocent women but hell she was white she had to be guilty of racism all whites are racist

Read more: Race-based claims thrown out in discrimination lawsuit against Paula Deen | Fox News

its a bitch when you have a witch hunt and a burning then you find out it wasn't a witch you burnt

Do you think all her endorsements will be coming back? I hope you race baiters are happy for destroying an innocent women but hell she was white she had to be guilty of racism all whites are racist

If she has the time? Her career will revive. It'll be old news shortly. Remember Dog, The Bounty Hunter? I think he was back on air in a year or two.

I'm glad she won the lawsuit; but it could hardly have cost her more.

IIRC, the law suit wasn't what cost her career, but her own admittal that she had used racial slurs before in her life. I think that's a bogus reason to cost her career, but the lawsuit was just the latest stunt againt her.

I actually think this lawsuit, however, will go a long way in redeeming this woman's career though which will be a good thing. People do dumb things in their lives and noone is perfect, especially in younger years. This woman should not have been demonized for things she said in the past.

I wonder what standing she will have to counter-sue this woman?

Probably won't see much of anything given back, at least not right away. In our emotional, knee jerk, satisfy me now culture we created, this is what happens.

She could likely rebuild if she really wanted.

IIRC, the law suit wasn't what cost her career, but her own admittal that she had used racial slurs before in her life. I think that's a bogus reason to cost her career, but the lawsuit was just the latest stunt againt her.

I actually think this lawsuit, however, will go a long way in redeeming this woman's career though which will be a good thing. People do dumb things in their lives and noone is perfect, especially in younger years. This woman should not have been demonized for things she said in the past.

she would never recover a fraction of what she lost caused by the women false accusations

Probably won't see much of anything given back, at least not right away. In our emotional, knee jerk, satisfy me now culture we created, this is what happens.

She could likely rebuild if she really wanted.

Opps i was wrong sorry but it is all cool you can rebuild. what a line of crap

she would never recover a fraction of what she lost caused by the women false accusations

I would be willing to bet she will and we'll see several shows and books from her as well IMO. If anything this will propel her even more than she was IMO.

It is a line of crap, but less we on whole learn to be patient and reserve judgement, then it'll just be how it goes.

She actually caused her own demise. My guess is that she had an opportunity to settle. Probably before the lawsuit was ever filed. Could have done so with a confidentiality agreement, admitting no wrong-doing. She gambled and lost. I hope it was worth it. It may have been for me.

Her apology video did more damage to her than any accusation, she played that victim card fast.

She actually caused her own demise. My guess is that she had an opportunity to settle. Probably before the lawsuit was ever filed. Could have done so with a confidentiality agreement, admitting no wrong-doing. She gambled and lost. I hope it was worth it. It may have been for me.

Maggie im very disappointed with your comment I expect better from you. So the message your are saying it is best to settle even if your innocent. it is best to plead guilty then go to court. you see how well that worked for Herman Cain he settled out of court and he was labeled as guilty for doing so. so all someone needs to do is make false accusations and get paid, because it is best for the person you are accusing to not let it go to court because he are she will be destroyed no matter of the outcome. Is this what it has come to?

Her apology video did more damage to her than any accusation, she played that victim card fast.

and she had the right to play the victim the victim of false accusations

False? I though Paula Deen admitted to using racist slurs?

so every ones career should be destroyed because who hasn't made a racial slur atleast one time in their life

so every ones career should be destroyed because who hasn't made a racial slur atleast one time in their life

yeh but how many people make a youtube video about it and make excuses. She should of just come out and realeased a statement saying yeh when I was younger I was stupid, im sorry etc.

Maggie im very disappointed with your comment I expect better from you. So the message your are saying it is best to settle even if your innocent. it is best to plead guilty then go to court. you see how well that worked for Herman Cain he settled out of court and he was labeled as guilty for doing so. so all someone needs to do is make false accusations and get paid, because it is best for the person you are accusing to not let it go to court because he are she will be destroyed no matter of the outcome. Is this what it has come to?

And Cain went on to make a lot more money and run for President, so it did work out ok for him. The reason he didn't get the nomination is that the TP moved on to the next "Not Mitt."

I'm surprised you're still on this since Deen's a Democrat who campaigned for Obama.

Her career is not destroyed, her restaurants are still successful.

If I'm not mistaken, only part of the lawsuit was thrown out and only because the plaintiff is white and therefore ineligible to claim race descrimination based on anti-black racial slurs.

Paula Deen was not exonerated as a racist nor was it proven that she didn't say what she said. Her career is damaged, likely beyond repair, because of who she is as a person not because of this lawsuit. The lawsuit revealed who she is as a person, but these things tend to find the light of day eventually.

No but if you're as an individual are the product and everything is based on your name it's a different ballgame. Sports athletes have to deal with all the time. If you sell things because it has "Paula Dean" associated with it...well if people don't like the actions of Paula Dean they won't buy it. Remember Martha Stewarts insider trading? It was literally pocket change for her and it has major repercussions for her. That's the ropes if your personality is affixed to everything you sell.

And Cain went on to make a lot more money and run for President, so it did work out ok for him. The reason he didn't get the nomination is that the TP moved on to the next "Not Mitt."

I'm surprised you're still on this since Deen's a Democrat who campaigned for Obama.

I think the phrase "run for President" is a stretch.

He never really had a chance.

I think it all just goes to show how we bend over backwards to appease the black community to the point of foolishness.

The black community is just going to sink further and further while the race card is such a potent weapon.

I think it all just goes to show how we bend over backwards to appease the black community to the point of foolishness.

The black community is just going to sink further and further while the race card is such a potent weapon.

Weird...I think the same thing about the white/old conservative community.

Weird...I think the same thing about the white/old conservative community.

That's because you're a partisan hack.

The outrage stems from her describing the man who held her at gun point while he robbed a bank as a nigger.

It sounds to me that Paula Deen was right on the money and anyone who would castigate her for offending him is an asshole.

That's because you're a partisan hack.

The outrage stems from her describing the man who held her at gun point while he robbed a bank as a nigger.

It sounds to me that Paula Deen was right on the money and anyone who would castigate her for offending him is an asshole.

No...it stems from her wanting to people to dress up as slaves for a plantation themed wedding. It has to stem from her use of the word outside of that incident. A lady not in the lawsuit that has worked with her for decades also told the media that Paula Dean wanted her to go outside and ring a dinner bell and say "come and get it" for the white patrons.

The lawsuit was dropped because the woman filing the suit was white but it's not like the things that came out were proven not true.

Sooo....you seem to of missed what the issue was.

Back
Top Bottom