• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Race and Politics

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If, indeed, as so many Conservatives here at DP claim, it is the Democratic Party that is the political party of racism...Why do Blacks and Hispanics repeatedly and overwhelmingly vote for Democratic candidates ?

If, indeed, as so many Conservatives here at DP claim, it is the Democratic Party that is the political party of racism...Why do Blacks and Hispanics repeatedly and overwhelmingly vote for Democratic candidates ?
And Asians. They've moved from mostly GOP voters to mostly Democratic voters.

And women, too. Don't forget most women vote Democratic now also.

Those people don't know what's best for them. Only white hetero men know that.

I only left out the women because technically they are now a majority...but your point is very well taken

Those people don't know what's best for them. Only white hetero men know that.
You know it's a scary age when I can't tell if you're being sarcastic... because so many Republicans nowadays will honestly, unironically say just that.

According to Trump supporters.
I'm saying Trump supporters because I actually don't believe most conservatives, or Republicans think the way I will describe.
They believe blacks and Latinos are voting for Democrats because inherently they want handouts and they believe Democrats only give handouts.
It doesn't matter what the numbers say.

According to Trump supporters.
I'm saying Trump supporters because I actually don't believe most conservatives, or Republicans think the way I will describe.
They believe blacks and Latinos are voting for Democrats because inherently they want handouts and they believe Democrats only give handouts.
It doesn't matter what the numbers say.
Their self awareness is so far gone that they don't stop and consider that what they're saying also means that the Republican Party is the plantation of white people.

Not all people make wise choices. I've known people that are downright self-destructive. That said, voting for Republicans is just as self-destructive.

Not all people make wise choices. I've known people that are downright self-destructive. That said, voting for Republicans is just as self-destructive.
An anarchist living in a society with a government is even more self-destructive.

I honestly think it's who's better and pandering. I don't think either party truly helps minorities. The left spends a lot of energy and time trying to seem like they are helping though. Not only that, but I think a lot of the left honestly means well. The republicans are spending more time trying to win general votes and expect simple logic (their idea of it) to plead their case.

Neither party is really helping or hurting at this point. Or more accurately, they are both doing both. But the dems make more of a show of it in this area of practice.

I'm a bit of an idealist. I think both parties actually mean well (with the exception of the loudest voices).

I have a lot of minority friends who fiercely vote dem. They will cheer anything Obama says and scream at Trump. They just absolutely want blue party. If I question them on any specifics, they are usually lost. Again, this is only the ones who vote only one way.

I really believe it's about where the time is spent and who has a better sales pitch. I wish very much it was about the issues.

An anarchist living in a society with a government is even more self-destructive.

I don't see it that way. A man voting for a democratic slave master or a republican slave master is still volunteering himself for slavery. I don't do this.

Really want to know? IMO having grown up in several "ghettos" around the country, it's because the Democrats became the Party of "give-ism." They take other people's money and give it to us. We could count on them excusing all of our faults as due to oppression, racism, and slavery. That and they offer us goodies in the form of free or near free HUD or section 8 housing, guaranteed incomes playing the welfare system if we have enough kids or can't find a job, free or near free college educations with head-of-the-line affirmative action programs while making special SJW jobs for us!!

Why not vote for them? Of course now they are trying to replace us with immigrants, so that's starting to rock our boat...

(All the above is sarcasm with a grain of truth) ;)

Last edited:
Politics is only about race now because the left won't ever let it be about anything else.

Nice dodge/deflection of the OP question...well done

It wasn't a dodge. It's actually an answer. Say stuff long and loud enough and people will believe it. Liberals brand all conservatives, especially white men, as either implicitly or explicitly racist. They know what they are doing. If they start to lose support from minorities, they'll no longer have power.

It wasn't a dodge. It's actually an answer. Say stuff long and loud enough and people will believe it. Liberals brand all conservatives, especially white men, as either implicitly or explicitly racist. They know what they are doing. If they start to lose support from minorities, they'll no longer have power.

/// it wasn't a dodge. /// :mrgreen: :lol: :lamo always humorous when one double-downs on the obvious. ( Trump-like )

Politics is only about race now because the left won't ever let it be about anything else.
Its dodging because you simply state a cliche conclusion with no reasons or logic to back it up.

Everyone knows the right wing memes, and repeating them doesnt so anything to justify them.

Really want to know? IMO having grown up in several "ghettos" around the country, it's because the Democrats became the Party of "give-ism." They take other people's money and give it to us. We could count on them excusing all of our faults as due to oppression, racism, and slavery. That and they offer us goodies in the form of free or near free HUD or section 8 housing, guaranteed incomes playing the welfare system if we have enough kids or can't find a job, free or near free college educations with head-of-the-line affirmative action programs while making special SJW jobs for us!!

Why not vote for them? Of course now they are trying to replace us with immigrants, so that's starting to rock our boat...

(All the above is sarcasm with a grain of truth) ;)
I know you said its sarcasm and may not be your view, but it is the honest view of most of the right.

Giveism may be the case, but in our current situation giving is needed, even if it is a bandaid.

I would much prefer to get rid of most entitlements and make corporations pay people fairly rather then as little as they possibly can, but if we remove the assistance and keep wages low, work will not be worth it, cost and wages will not be balanced, and people will do what they have to do, which may involve crime or revolution. It may work out in the end, but how long and after how much suffering?

This is the richest country in the world and a full time worker shouldnt be struggling to make ends meet, nor should education and healthcare be so out of reach for the majority of people. The right always says that such policies are unaffordable, yet just about every other first world country seems to make them work. They have more regulations and similar effective taxes and the rich are not leaving them. I dont think the rich actually want to live in the low tax 3rd world.

the radical leftists are no longer going to listen to anything like this, they have found too much power in the racism claim. Conservatives are going to have to start resorting to publishing nonsensical studies that use leading questions and broad interpretations to point to, in order to refute the arguments from their side... all while having 2 people support that claim and another say anyone who disagrees is a moron to drive home the argument, whether its right or not.

its a psychological game, and unfortunately, it works.

Last edited:

The answer is simple. Most people do not vote for the best person for the job. The sad fact is they pull the party lever from the first time they vote until the day they die. Work the polls and see for yourself.

:applaud

Their self awareness is so far gone that they don't stop and consider that what they're saying also means that the Republican Party is the plantation of white people.

Yeah that goes for everyone. Self awareness is not a strong suit in this great country.

From the party that originated the name RINO it is evident to blacks and Hispanics that the Republican has a very small tent.

Back
Top Bottom