• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

R-wing planting stories undermining free press?

26 X World Champs said:
If an apology is what you want, then an apology is what you shall have! I'm sorry that you and I misunderstood each other.

I read your post and believed, sincerely, that you were posting it as your original work, hence my objection. You've been around here long enough to know that it is common practice to always cite sources when using other people's words.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I most definitely was not calling you an idiot. There are people in this community who I think are idiots, but you are not one of them. How can you be, you love the Cubbies! I'm a gigantic baseball fan and respect anyone who also enjoys America's pastime with the exception, of course of Bosox fans, for they are evil, evil people.

You know, when I think of the Bosox I also think of President Reagan's most famous words:

"Tear down that wall!"

:rofl

Well I appreciate your understanding, as well as your apology, and in retrospect, I should have used quotes, it was late, and I was not really thinking when I posted that. I put it up there to examine what we can do better, and to remind us Reps. what are mission statement is. I guess I am extremely sensitive when it comes to plagiarism, as I have been accused before, once in college, only to be vindicated later. Still, something like that seems to stick to you, and I don't want to put in jeopardy, my integrity, respect, or standing in the community. I actually take pride in the way I write and interact on this forum. I usually try to make my point with simple, straight forward talk, as to not bore the readers. I would never take the time to put together a lengthy post such as that, but sometimes I assume folks know me by now.

Oh well, enough about that, I have actually had a change of heart on this matter. I now believe that planting these stories will probably do more harm then good, and I hope we cease to operate like this in the future.

Co Cubs.;)

Deegan said:
Oh well, enough about that, I have actually had a change of heart on this matter. I now believe that planting these stories will probably do more harm then good, and I hope we cease to operate like this in the future.
What it comes down to, IMHO, is that Bush and his legioniares are acting hypocritically by buying the news. If we want to democratize (read that nation build) other countries then we must adhere to the same standards we set for ourselves, period.

What cracks me up is the lame excuse the the planted stories are all factual, so in their opinion, no harm, no foul. That is CYA at your finest and totally unethical too.

Of course I'm not surprised since both political parties regularly practice hypocrisy, it is not contained to Republicans or Democrats. One difference however is that the Republicans are the party in power and have tons more opportunities to be hypocritical and it sure appears they are taking advantage of every chance they get to go both ways!

Does that mean that all Republicans are Bi-Sexual? Damn! Who knew that the entire Republican party is gay! Well, being the good hypocrites they are despite being gay they are fervently (as a platform) against gay rights. :confused: :rofl

jfuh said:
I don't think that there's anything wrong with the news being paid as long as it is called exactly what it is. Not news, but commercials or more explanatory propaganda. I don't think it is ever ok to push an agenda through anything labeled as news (ie Fox News).
Yes, and there are many like them!
What really hurts is how this is reflected in a region that we are already hated. Here we are trying to push and show how great our freedoms are, then we stick our feet in our mouth when we get caught with our pants down by paid propaganda and not actual good news. It's not what we stand for and it's not how our country should be percieved.
Its the same thing as 3rd party propaganda! Someone plays as the good guy, someone is labeled the bad guy, and get out of the way for the mudslinging. Pigs pick fights with pigs.

Back
Top Bottom