• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

R.N.C. Signals a Pullout From Presidential Debates

Not at all. I'm just being honest about Americans.

Again I would ask why a noncitizen makes silly comments that have zero bearing in fact.
And then calling the republican party fascist? Just democratic talking points.
The republicans are in charge of nothing right now. The current mess has been caused by the hapless Democrats.

The commission is not a neutral party any more. Glad they will soon be out of business.
You just what they're turning up.

For those who just looked at the headline and didn't bother to read the REASONS for the RNC's "signal":

The RNC said the CPD must address its "failures" if the organization wishes to have creditability within the Republican Party, including adopting term limits for its board of directors, committing to holding at least one debate before the start of early voting and establishing transparent criteria for selecting debate moderators.

I know some of you would rather just attack the GOP outright rather then understand the facts behind the RNC's beefs with the CPD.

I don't see the point of presidential debates anymore other than getting a zinger in here and there.
I would like to see them where each candidate receives a shot of sodium pentothal right before walking onstage.

I think they are making the mistake the online left did in the 2000s-2016 online space. There was this idea that you shouldn't engage with far right talking points because they are self evidently false and anyone that believes them isn't your ally anyway.

What followed was predictable. YouTube was dominated by far right politics, and we say the creation of what we now call the "alt-right pipeline".

The formation of "breadtube" and online leftist debate youtubers has created a significant amount of pushback to far right ideas and an alternative to "Ben Shapiro destroys 17 year old college student who is politically uneducated and untrained in public speaking".

If I was the Democrats, I would schedule the debate anyway, wait for the GOP candidate to inevitably not show up, then try to paint them as a coward/spin a narrative that they have no new ideas or answers to hard questions. After that I'd fill the rest of the time and publicity by talking about how good my policies will be without any pushback. Easy PR win.
Well the R's now have no platform, so what's to debate. Maybe Showtime or HBO can run an "All Access" type of show leading up to the Election.

Private entities should not be holding governmental debates. If you have enough state ballots to get 270 electoral votes, you should be on the debate stage. Polling at a certain percentage should not be the requirement

For those who just looked at the headline and didn't bother to read the REASONS for the RNC's "signal":

The RNC said the CPD must address its "failures" if the organization wishes to have creditability within the Republican Party, including adopting term limits for its board of directors, committing to holding at least one debate before the start of early voting and establishing transparent criteria for selecting debate moderators.

I know some of you would rather just attack the GOP outright rather then understand the facts behind the RNC's beefs with the CPD.
So they want to OK the Mods & prob'ly the questions.
Po' ol' Drumpf felt intimidated, that's why he pulled out of the last debate. His MAGA Minions confused his cowardice as strength.

Back
Top Bottom