• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

R.I.P on youtube

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
l watched some R.l.P videos and felt sad and weird .would you like to be remembered and live after death on the internet ?

I have no desire to encourage a bunch of people who never knew me to "miss" me when I'm gone.

I have no desire to encourage a bunch of people who never knew me to "miss" me when I'm gone.

:lol:

it is not up to you anymore when you are dead

l watched some R.l.P videos and felt sad and weird .would you like to be remembered and live after death on the internet ?

Well, not on Youtube. My body of scholarly work here at DP, however, will keep historians busy and society inspired for generations. :violin:

No, I think it is creepy. I just hope that I have deactivated my facebook account before I go as it is super creepy to have people I know who are dead show up in my suggested friends feed.

When my mother passed, one of my more technical minded nieces did a two-DVD set, with still photos and old 8mm movie footage and stuff of my mother and father, and made copies for each household.

It was awesome, even if I did cry through most of the first viewing.

But putting it on YouTube? Um, no.

Well, not on Youtube. My body of scholarly work here at DP, however, will keep historians busy and society inspired for generations. :violin:

No, I think it is creepy. I just hope that I have deactivated my facebook account before I go as it is super creepy to have people I know who are dead show up in my suggested friends feed.

facebook (and twitter etc is not cool

but being remembered is nice

facebook (and twitter etc is not cool

but being remembered is nice

That reminds me of a story. A friend of mine only follows dead people on twitter so that nothing shows up in his feed but he still has an account to be smart-assy to celebrities with.

I just don't put a lot of stock in memorials. I do not need them tainting my memories with sappy musical scores.

No way. I just want my husband to play Sarah Brightman/Anthony Bocelli's version of "Time to Say Goodbye" as he flings my ashes into the compost heap. That's enough sentimentality for me. :)

I've always thought the notion of a funeral, in any form, was pretty morbid. Everyone who loved you gets together and wallows in their sadness? I wouldn't want to put them through that. So in this case it seems even a little selfish more because they can come back and be sad again and again. No thanks. Seems like it should be more private then that too.

I don't know. Sounds kind of weird and depressing IMO.

I think when I die it'll be more like a celebration. "Yeah, that mutha****a's dead! Par-tay!"

:lol:

it is not up to you anymore when you are dead

You could say in your will, don't any of you DARE put me on YouTube after I'm dead! :lol:

the dead dont give a ****...they're dead. Funerals are for the living.

I actually have the dubious of honor of having had two dead people as friends on facebook at one point. It was absolutely creepy as Hell.

One of them was a former college classmate of mine who committed suicide after leaving school. The other was my roommate for four months while I was training with the Army back in '08. He was ultimately murdered by a family member in a domestic spat less than two days after returning from a tour of duty in Iraq a couple of years later.

It just serves to drive home the point that not all stories have the "happy endings" that most people hope for.

Speaking from a relative's point of view, I don't think I'd want to see the dead person on YouTube (alive or dead for that matter). It would only make me sad and miss them.

I actually have the dubious of honor of having had two dead people as friends on facebook at one point. It was absolutely creepy as Hell.

One of them was a former college classmate of mine who committed suicide after leaving school. The other was my roommate for four months while I was training with the Army back in '08. He was ultimately murdered by a family member in a domestic spat less than two days after returning from a tour of duty in Iraq a couple of years later.

It just serves to drive home the point that not all stories have the "happy endings" that most people hope for.

That's terrible! :(

Speaking from a relative's point of view, I don't think I'd want to see the dead person on YouTube (alive or dead for that matter). It would only make me sad and miss them.
thats wut the dead want you to think.

That's terrible! :(

It's the kind of thing that you would simply never expect to happen to someone you know personally. It makes the whole experience absolutely surreal.

To make matters worse, someone kept posting on the second guy's account for months after the murder. I think it was a family member, but it was still freaky as Hell.

It's the kind of thing that you would simply never expect to happen to someone you know personally. It makes the whole experience absolutely surreal.

To make matters worse, someone kept posting on the second guy's account for months after the murder. I think it was a family member, but it was still freaky as Hell.

What do you mean? Like leaving messages for the dead person?

Yep that is about how I experienced it too, especially when facebook started nagging you to send messages to people on your friends list and the profile of a dead person pops up. I don't think they do that anymore though. I did however end up unfriending all my deceased FB friends and blocking most of the dead ones who showed up in the "People you may know". They apaprently have some process to memorialize such profiles now but I do not know the details.

the dead dont give a ****...they're dead. Funerals are for the living.

No funeral for me. Throw my ashes and caution to the wind...and IT'S PARTY TIME...CELEBRATE...GET DOWN! :)

Back
Top Bottom