• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

R.I.P on youtube

Yep that is about how I experienced it too, especially when facebook started nagging you to send messages to people on your friends list and the profile of a dead person pops up. I don't think they do that anymore though. I did however end up unfriending all my deceased FB friends and blocking most of the dead ones who showed up in the "People you may know". They apaprently have some process to memorialize such profiles now but I do not know the details.

I'm so glad I never joined FB. :roll: It sounds like it's more annoying than anything else.

No funeral for me. Throw my ashes and caution to the wind...and IT'S PARTY TIME...CELEBRATE...GET DOWN! :)
I'll drink to that.

we tossed my grandparents ashes over wendover and drank a quart of budwheiser to celebrate. My dad hated my grandmother so when he was tossing her ashes he threw his shoulder out and was in pain for a year after. lol karma.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Like leaving messages for the dead person?

That's what they did some of the time; on birthdays, for instance.

Other times, however; it just got creepy. They'd post things like, "I know who killed me," or "the police are going to find you."

After a while, someone finally called them out on it and those messages stopped.

That's what they did some of the time; on birthdays, for instance.

Other times, however; it just got creepy. They'd post things like, "I know who killed me," or "the police are going to find you."

After a while, someone finally called them out on it and those messages stopped.

Yikes! I hope it wasn't family members or friends posting that kind of stuff. Kind of tasteless.

I'm so glad I never joined FB. :roll: It sounds like it's more annoying than anything else.

It is and is kind of boring. I play Words with friends and I participate in a few secret groups from my past (private groups whose activities and membership do not show up to anyone except in the group), but largely I do not even bother reading my feeds anymore. Too many people flood my feeds with too much of the same crap, different day, and since a lot of the same people repost things other flooders flood me with I end up with the same memes and recipes and "Save this cute kitten who will be put to death at midnight tonight unless you fly around the world three times backwards to save it in the next 6 hours" over and over and over again.

I'll drink to that.

we tossed my grandparents ashes over wendover and drank a quart of budheiser to celebrate. My dad hated my grandmother so when he was tossing her ashes he threw his shoulder out and was in pain for a year after. lol karma.

I had a brother die some years ago. He died in El Paso. I got a call from the medical examiner's office and asked what to do with him. I said, "cremate him and ship him to me by UPS". They did just that...and UPS lost him. He was never recovered. He would have loved hearing that story. He was sort of a travelling man...so it all fit for his ending.

It is and is kind of boring. I play Words with friends and I participate in a few secret groups from my past (private groups whose activities and membership do not show up to anyone except in the group), but largely I do not even bother reading my feeds anymore. Too many people flood my feeds with too much of the same crap, different day, and since a lot of the same people repost things other flooders flood me with I end up with the same memes and recipes and "Save this cute kitten who will be put to death at midnight tonight unless you fly around the world three times backwards to save it in the next 6 hours" over and over and over again.

I just have no need for it. I guess it's a good way to get in touch with people you used to know, but I don't want that either. :lol:

It's a good source of funny pictures, and it occasionally provides for the means to reconnect with old friends that you haven't spoken to for a while. However, apart from that, it's really pretty useless, IMO.

Last edited:
I had a brother die some years ago. He died in El Paso. I got a call from the medical examiner's office and asked what to do with him. I said, "cremate him and ship him to me by UPS". They did just that...and UPS lost him. He was never recovered. He would have loved hearing that story. He was sort of a travelling man...so it all fit for his ending.

:shock: I wonder where he is now?!

I just have no need for it. I guess it's a good way to get in touch with people you used to know, but I don't want that either. :lol:

Yep. Most of my FB friends are people I avoided for a reason.

l watched some R.l.P videos and felt sad and weird .would you like to be remembered and live after death on the internet ?

No and NO....

If people want to remember me they can embrace my politics...

I wouldn't want people listening to sad songs and looking at pictures...

the dead dont give a ****...they're dead. Funerals are for the living.

Word. I want them to do whatever it is they need to do that will ease the grieving process. If this YouTube thing is what they need, then I guess that's where you'll find me after I'm gone. :shrug: I don't see the big deal. Who, other than close family and friends, would want to see it anyhoo?

Word. I want them to do whatever it is they need to do that will ease the grieving process. If this YouTube thing is what they need, then I guess that's where you'll find me after I'm gone. :shrug: I don't see the big deal. Who, other than close family and friends, would want to see it anyhoo?

Well, I think as the dead person on display here, your own wishes could also be respected. Personally, I would not want pictures of myself after my death circulating on YouTube. IMO that is just a bit tacky.

Well, I think as the dead person on display here, your own wishes could also be respected. Personally, I would not want pictures of myself after my death circulating on YouTube. IMO that is just a bit tacky.

So put it in your will. :shrug: Or tell them. I have. I've told them "Do whatever makes you happy."

So put it in your will. :shrug: Or tell them. I have. I've told them "Do whatever makes you happy."

I'm sure I wouldn't have to put that in my will, they'd better already know that this is something I wouldn't like. :lol: I think that all it accomplishes is making your loved ones feel sad anyway.

I'm sure I wouldn't have to put that in my will, they'd better already know that this is something I wouldn't like. :lol: I think that all it accomplishes is making your loved ones feel sad anyway.

I thought the loved ones made the youtube videos? Did I get that wrong? Why would they do something that makes them sad? It's Sunday, I'm too lazy to figure it out. :lol:

I thought the loved ones made the youtube videos? Did I get that wrong? Why would they do something that makes them sad? It's Sunday, I'm too lazy to figure it out. :lol:

Some people will revel in their sadness. If you've ever experienced a tragedy in your life, you will know what I'm talking about. Some people find ways to accept and move on with their lives as best they can, while others will not.

Some people will revel in their sadness. If you've ever experienced a tragedy in your life, you will know what I'm talking about. Some people find ways to accept and move on with their lives as best they can, while others will not.

I have. I lost my father and my grandfather within a couple months of each other. Both my mom and grandmother coped by talking about them endlessly and poring over old photos. There was sadness there, but there was also a lot of smiles at all the memories.

Back
Top Bottom