• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Gary Coleman

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20389492,00.html

Gary Coleman, who by age 11 had skyrocketed to become TV's brightest star but as an adult could never quite land on solid footing, has died after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He was 42.

Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah, where he had been in a coma.

Last edited:
Although plagued with ill health all his life, he had a good run for a transplant recipient.
Born with non-functional kidneys, he'd undergone two donor transplants before the age of 14.
His death with not directly related to his kidneys.
He was living proof that one can live an almost-normal lifespan with donor organs.

Although his marriage was tumultuous at best, I'm glad he got to experience love before he died.
I saw a documentary about him in the late 90s, where he was playing with his model train sets and discussing how much it sucked to still be a virgin in his 30s. :lol: He seemed a little depressed.

So, I'm glad he was able to find some semblance of a normal life for himself.
I've always suspected the second half of life is overrated, anyway.
Considering what he started out with, I think he had a pretty good run.
RIP, Gary.

Rest in Peace, Gary.

He was a little asshole that abused his wife and had anger issues. He even told his interviewer to go **** herself.

I wonder what the brain hemorrhage was in relation to.

We cant talk about who died in the RIP threads????
We are discussing who he was. I dont get it.

Threads with the RIP prefix are a place to simply say RIP or other pleasant things about someone who has died. If you want to talk about their failings or otherwise criticize them, you can start another thread.

We cant talk about who died in the RIP threads????
We are discussing who he was. I dont get it.

RIP threads are sort of like online memorials where people who liked them or cared about them come to talk about their death. So we tend to keep things respectful here.

That said, feel free to create another thread blasting Gary Coleman if you want.

He was a little asshole that abused his wife and had anger issues. He even told his interviewer to go **** herself.

That's odd, since his wife- who is half his age and approximately twice his size- has been twice arrested in the past three years for domestic violence against him. Gary Coleman's been a semi-invalid on near-constant dialysis for years.
I'd have "anger issues" too.
It defies credulity that he ever 'abused" anyone, although i'm sure he and his wife fought, like anyone else.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
I hope he got to do everything he wanted to in life, and I'm sorry he was sick the entire time, and if he was suffering, i'm glad he's not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom