• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor, dies

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Holocaust survivor, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and prolific author and outspoken activist. Elie Wiesel died Saturday the age of 87. Wiesel was perhaps best known for his major role in promoting Holocaust education, and for perpetuating the memory of the Holocaust in the post-World War II era with his memoir “Night,” based on his experience as a teenager in the Auschwitz concentration camp.Eliezer “Elie” Wiesel was born on September 30, 1928 in the Romanian town of Sighet, to Sarah and Shlomo Wiesel. His maternal grandfather, Dodye Feig, was a member of the Vishnitz Hasidic sect; his strong influence over Wiesel was seen later in some of his writings. Wiesel received a traditional religious education while growing up in Sighet; many years later, in 2002, he returned to his hometown to dedicate the Elie Weisel Memorial House at the site of his childhood home.
read more: Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Renowned Holocaust Survivor, Dies at 87 - Israel News - Haaretz
A good man who helped remind people of the evil man can inflict on man. May he rest in peace.

Re: [R.I.P.]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor,

A good man who helped remind people of the evil man can inflict on man. May he rest in peace.

I was actually going to go to Yad Vashem next week, this is so sad.

Re: [R.I.P.]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor,

Amazing human being. Rest in peace, Mr. Wiesel.

Holocaust survivor, author of a critically acclaimed memoir (Night), polymath, and Nobel Laureate.

ז"ל / RIP

An incredible human being dead at 87.

He was such am amazing man who over came so much in the concentration camps and went on to be an advocate for humanity.

I read one of his books as a teen and could not put it down. I stayed up all night.

A light has been extinguished.

Rest in Peace.

:(

RIP. Elie Wiesel led an amazing life.

An incredible human being dead at 87.

He was such am amazing man who over came so much in the concentration camps and went on to be an advocate for humanity.

I read one of his books as a teen and could not put it down. I stayed up all night.

A light has been extinguished.

No, not extinguished, called home.

Rest in peace Ellie.
יהי זכרו ברוך

No, not extinguished, called home.

well called home for him, but definitey extinguished for us

there is a theory about the number of good souls needed in order to balance the world

his soul was for sure, one of the good ones and now there is a void to fill

[RIP]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor, dies at

From Haaretz:

Holocaust survivor, Nobel Peace Prize laureate, prolific author and outspoken activist Elie Wiesel died Saturday at the age of 87. Wiesel was perhaps best known for his major role in promoting Holocaust education, and for perpetuating the memory of the Holocaust in the post-World War II era with his memoir “Night,” based on his experience as a teenager in the Auschwitz concentration camp.

Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Renowned Holocaust Survivor, Dies at 87 - Israel News - Haaretz
The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity

Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Renowned Holocaust Survivor, Dies at 87 - Israel News - Haaretz

"There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win." Elie Wiesel

He will not be forgotten.

Re: [RIP]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor, die

What a great man. May he rest in peace. Humanity has suffered an irreparable loss from his passing.

Re: [RIP]Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and renowned Holocaust survivor, die

Moderator's Warning:
Merging dupe threads.

Ellie says that reports of her death are premature.

1024px-Mustela_nivalis_-British_Wildlife_Centre-4.jpg

Seriously, though, for him to have come back and done so much, after what he suffered through, is a testament to his life. He was one of the greats.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of beauty is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death."

Elie was an exceptional and inspirational man and he's left a wonderful legacy behind for future generations. His messages to mankind will not be forgotten.

RIP Elie.

RIP. His book Night was one of the reading assignments my instructor gave at the Holocaust class I took. He was one of the few who spoke out not just against antisemitism, but against all racism.

RIP. His book Night was one of the reading assignments my instructor gave at the Holocaust class I took. He was one of the few who spoke out not just against antisemitism, but against all racism.

There was a Holocaust class? The entire year/semester was just about the Holocaust? Do you mind me asking what type of school this was?

There was a Holocaust class? The entire year/semester was just about the Holocaust? Do you mind me asking what type of school this was?
It was an elective. Just one semester and it fulfilled a humanities requirement I had to take to get my bachelor of science degree at USC.

This is a completely dishonest post. Coming from you, not surprising. The person who MADE the comment is not a "Clinton Associate". He's the SON of a "Clinton Associate". Instead of just taking what idiotic sites like Breibart say at face value, do some research.

Lots of high schools in my area have a Holocaust class as a history elective, senior year.

This is a completely dishonest post. Coming from you, not surprising. The person who MADE the comment is not a "Clinton Associate". He's the SON of a "Clinton Associate". Instead of just taking what idiotic sites like Breibart say at face value, do some research.

Why? You see it on this site. Any controversial figure that says something outlandish, is automatically linked to Donald Trump. This actually has some legs to it.

Last edited:

Why? You see it on this site. Any controversial figure that says something outlandish, is automatically linked to Donald Trump. This actually has some legs to it.

You see it from any hack on this site. Right wing hacks link people to Obama or Hillary. Left wing hacks link people to Trump or Bush. It's the guilt by association logical fallacy. Plenty commit it... including you.

Back
Top Bottom