• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Diana Rigg: Goodbye to the indomitable Mrs Peel

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From the Daily Mail:

James Bond actress and Game of Thrones star Dame Diana Rigg has died today at the age of 82 following a short battle with cancer.
The British actress made her name in the cult 1961 TV series The Avengers, before going on to star as the cutthroat matriarch Lady Olenna Tyrell in HBO's Game of Thrones.

More recently, Rigg appeared as Queen Victoria's Mistress of the Robes - The Duchess of Buccleuch - in ITV's Victoria alongside Jenna Coleman and as the eccentric Mrs Pumphrey in the adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.... Acting legend Dame Diana Rigg dies aged 82 | Daily Mail Online

I remember Diana Rigg as the female part of “The Avengers.” Opposite Patrick McNee, IIRC. RIP “Emma Peel.”

RIP - Her Lady Olenna Tyrell may have been my favorite character in GOT.

My dad was a big "Avengers" fan and thought Diana Riggs was the hottest of the hot.

She was, and that was on a B&W 12” TV.

Thank you for the reality-check. My second thought when I read the news was of my father.

James Bond
@007
"We are very sad to hear of the passing of Dame Diana Rigg, the legendary
stage and screen actress who was much beloved by Bond fans for her
memorable performance as Tracy di Vicenzo in On Her Majesty’s Secret
Service, the only woman to have married James Bond."

6a49d8b351f0b8aee1e1.jpg

9:33 AM · Sep 10, 2020

RIP Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg, DBE.

Always the wonderful Mrs. Peel. Also excellent later as host/presenter for the excellent mini-series The Heat of the Sun, set in colonial Kenya.

She was, and that was on a B&W 12” TV.
The English did not have color TV on ITV until 1969 but Emma Peel could be seen in color in the USA in 1961.

Wow, R.I.P. to many a young boy's fantasy in the original series!

The English did not have color TV on ITV until 1969 but Emma Peel could be seen in color in the USA in 1961.

The country had color TV, we just didn’t have one.......

My dad was a big "Avengers" fan and thought Diana Riggs was the hottest of the hot.
When Avengers was on TV, she was super hot. i could not wait as a young man to see that program weekly.

Back
Top Bottom